Metal Storm logo
Cannibal Corpse

Original post

Posted by , 17.05.2006 - 15:37
No extreme metal forum without Cannibal Corpse

I hope there's no introduction needed with this band. And I also hope I don't have to give more arguments that Cannibal Corpse has made some very interesting cd's.
06.11.2008 - 17:12
theflyingmachine

Written by Deadmeat on 05.11.2008 at 13:39

Written by Bitter Peace on 10.08.2008 at 06:47

Cannibal Corpse.. I don't like the music so much anymore, I just got bored with them because they've been doing the same exact thing their entire career. But man, Cannibal Corpse is seriously one of the best bands to see live. George Fisher has an insane voice.

Totally agree. Some times I get bored listening to CC. They have some great songs but from what I've heard till now no great albums! But on the stage they are terrific!!!

Just out of curiousity, what albums have you heard by CC that bore you?
06.11.2008 - 17:24
Thryce
Retired Staff
Written by Guest on 11.09.2008 at 18:23

I'm not a huge fan of CC but I do like a few select songs. Roots Bloody Roots, Stripped, Raped and Strangled, and Hammer Smashed Face. I like more than that but that's all I can think of right now. It's really early where I live.

"Roots Bloody Roots" is not a Cannibal Corpse song, it's not even a Cannibal Corpse cover.

The thing is, Cannibal Corpse NEVER EVER even did a cover of "Roots Bloody Roots". Just check the FAQ on the CC Forum if you don't believe me. Apparently, some idiot started this misunderstanding when he uploaded an mp3 of some unknown band playing "Roots Bloody Roots" on filesharing networks and mislabeled it as being a Cannibal Corpse cover. This means the song you downloaded is not from Cannibal Corpse.

Just saying.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
06.11.2008 - 18:49
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by theflyingmachine on 06.11.2008 at 17:12

Cannibal Corpse.. I don't like the music so much anymore, I just got bored with them because they've been doing the same exact thing their entire career. But man, Cannibal Corpse is seriously one of the best bands to see live. George Fisher has an insane voice.

Totally agree. Some times I get bored listening to CC. They have some great songs but from what I've heard till now no great albums! But on the stage they are terrific!!!

Well till now I've heard Butchered and Vile. Surely I have not a complete view of what CC are so I will talk to you about that stuff. I like very much many of their songs (meat hook sodomy, covered with sores, perverse suffering and orgasm through torture are some of them) but for me the problem is that their style of playing (although I love Death metal) tires me easy. So I cannot sit down and listen to CC for a long duration. I believe something that may be responsible is the production which is very good but the sound makes me tired. As I told you for me CC is a good band but till now not a perfect one. But surely live they are fuckin great!!! To answer to your question Butchered At Birth for me is an average album. With 1-2 great songs and many which I find average..
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
07.11.2008 - 18:09
theflyingmachine

Written by Deadmeat on 06.11.2008 at 18:49

Well till now I've heard Butchered and Vile. Surely I have not a complete view of what CC are so I will talk to you about that stuff. I like very much many of their songs (meat hook sodomy, covered with sores, perverse suffering and orgasm through torture are some of them) but for me the problem is that their style of playing (although I love Death metal) tires me easy. So I cannot sit down and listen to CC for a long duration. I believe something that may be responsible is the production which is very good but the sound makes me tired. As I told you for me CC is a good band but till now not a perfect one. But surely live they are fuckin great!!! To answer to your question Butchered At Birth for me is an average album. With 1-2 great songs and many which I find average..

I can't say much for Vile, since it is my favorite album, but Butchered at Birth is really hurt by the drumming IMO. Tomb of the Mutilated, Kill, and the Bleeding seem to be the most appreciated, so I'd recommend those. I also really enjoy Gore Obsessed, but if you are bored with the CC sound, you may not like that one.
07.11.2008 - 20:03
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by theflyingmachine on 07.11.2008 at 18:09

Written by Deadmeat on 06.11.2008 at 18:49

I can't say much for Vile, since it is my favorite album, but Butchered at Birth is really hurt by the drumming IMO. Tomb of the Mutilated, Kill, and the Bleeding seem to be the most appreciated, so I'd recommend those. I also really enjoy Gore Obsessed, but if you are bored with the CC sound, you may not like that one.

I've listened very good words for Kill and the Bleeding. So I surely will listen them. I think CC is very important Death metal band so I'm going to listen all their albums but with a slow tempo because out there are many bands I want to listen to! But tell me why Vile is your favorite album? I don't like so much the production (guitar sound tires me a bit) but it has some songs which I love..
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
08.11.2008 - 19:26
theflyingmachine

I am definitely in a minority for thinking Vile is my favorite...but there are just so many songs on that album that I enjoy...Disfigured, Mummified in Barbed Wire, Bloodlands (possibly my favorite CC song), Relentless Beating, and Monolith. And, there are only two or so tracks that don't stick out much to me (Perverse Suffering and Absolute Hatred, though I still like those two). My fiance is always annoyed because I'm always shouting Stab Hack Slash Kill throughout the house. Some people think those lyrics are dumb, but I think it is legendary.
09.11.2008 - 14:36
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by theflyingmachine on 08.11.2008 at 19:26

I am definitely in a minority for thinking Vile is my favorite...but there are just so many songs on that album that I enjoy...Disfigured, Mummified in Barbed Wire, Bloodlands (possibly my favorite CC song), Relentless Beating, and Monolith. And, there are only two or so tracks that don't stick out much to me (Perverse Suffering and Absolute Hatred, though I still like those two). My fiance is always annoyed because I'm always shouting Stab Hack Slash Kill throughout the house. Some people think those lyrics are dumb, but I think it is legendary.

I think CC has very nice lyrics although sometimes they become over-descriptive... But lyrics fit very well with their music. Like also Suffocation...
----
09.11.2008 - 17:35
mankvill

Corpsegrinder > Barnes
14.11.2008 - 17:49
EaTNaLiVe666
Account deleted
Written by Thryce on 06.11.2008 at 17:24

Written by Guest on 11.09.2008 at 18:23

I'm not a huge fan of CC but I do like a few select songs. Roots Bloody Roots, Stripped, Raped and Strangled, and Hammer Smashed Face. I like more than that but that's all I can think of right now. It's really early where I live.

"Roots Bloody Roots" is not a Cannibal Corpse song, it's not even a Cannibal Corpse cover.

The thing is, Cannibal Corpse NEVER EVER even did a cover of "Roots Bloody Roots". Just check the FAQ on the CC Forum if you don't believe me. Apparently, some idiot started this misunderstanding when he uploaded an mp3 of some unknown band playing "Roots Bloody Roots" on filesharing networks and mislabeled it as being a Cannibal Corpse cover. This means the song you downloaded is not from Cannibal Corpse.

Just saying.

haha either way that song is fuckin kick ass
15.11.2008 - 21:08
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
This will come as odd to many of you but i've never really checked into CC all that much being the death metal fanatic that i am. I have only listened to The Bleeding and that's been a while ago. All I remember is that it was fairly good but nothing worth going nuts over. I thought it lacked some energy also.

Anyways any album recs ? Barnes was still in the band when they recorded The Bleeding right ?
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
16.11.2008 - 05:05
theflyingmachine

Carrionshine, just knowing what your favorite albums are, my guess is that you won't really like CC much. But, Tomb of the Mutilated, Vile, and Gore Obsessed are my other favorite albums outside of the Bleeding, and most everyone seems to enjoy Kill.
16.11.2008 - 18:24
Metalbound7

Great Band, i think they take the words Heavy and Extreme to the maximum level possible in music. (all those grindcore and gore shit are not really heavy because they aren't even music they are a bunch of retarded people without any idea of what music or Metal is, making an horrible nonsense grotesque sick noise giving a bad name to the Real Metal.)

And George Fisher looks like Dethklok singer.
17.11.2008 - 04:20
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Written by theflyingmachine on 16.11.2008 at 05:05

Carrionshine, just knowing what your favorite albums are, my guess is that you won't really like CC much. But, Tomb of the Mutilated, Vile, and Gore Obsessed are my other favorite albums outside of the Bleeding, and most everyone seems to enjoy Kill.

Well let's say that i'm not making it a priority to check out any of their music atm. It sort of came to me that i haven't listened to CC much, them being one of the biggest names in dm so i will surely make time sooner or later to listen to some of their albums. Who knows, maybe i'll like them, maybe not.
As I said The Bleeding had its good moments but was sometimes a little stale.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
17.11.2008 - 05:16
accursed
Account deleted
.I have seen cc 3 times. Once with barnes and twice with fisher. They are great live. My favorite album is bloodthirst. CC are the fathers of gore metal. That is and will be their legacy. I am not a dedicated fan, but I do enjoy some of their songs.
17.11.2008 - 23:15
theflyingmachine

Written by Visioneerie on 17.11.2008 at 04:20

Written by theflyingmachine on 16.11.2008 at 05:05

Well let's say that i'm not making it a priority to check out any of their music atm. It sort of came to me that i haven't listened to CC much, them being one of the biggest names in dm so i will surely make time sooner or later to listen to some of their albums. Who knows, maybe i'll like them, maybe not.
As I said The Bleeding had its good moments but was sometimes a little stale.

I know what you mean...I've been trying to give another listen to some of the better known DM bands that haven't really picqued my interest in the past. Some are better than I thought at first listen, while some are still way overrated or just not my thing.
24.11.2008 - 06:32
Sandarameth
Account deleted
Aaaa! i can't hear cannibal corpse..did you hear music coming from toilet bowl? ah) cannibal corpse=toilet bowl
25.11.2008 - 12:30
Ascendant187

Written by Guest on 24.11.2008 at 06:32

Aaaa! i can't hear cannibal corpse..did you hear music coming from toilet bowl? ah) cannibal corpse=toilet bowl

Can you give a reason as to why you think their music isn't any good?

I probably love Kill the most. Just a lot of fun to listen to, especially while driving. Haven't killed anyone yet (fingers crossed).

I suppose my all-time favourite Cannibal song is "Hammer Smashed Face". Everyone's gotta love the start.
26.11.2008 - 09:15
Sandarameth
Account deleted
Reason?
cannibal corpse=toilet bowl
that is the reason
26.11.2008 - 12:00
Ascendant187

That's not really a reason. It's an opinion, which is fine. I was just hoping you could elaborate.
26.11.2008 - 14:31
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Guest on 26.11.2008 at 09:15

Reason?
cannibal corpse=toilet bowl
that is the reason

it is easy to say that a band sounds like shit, but if you cannot explain why, don't say it man. people who read this will think that you are just silly. so explain or don't say something...
----
26.11.2008 - 15:19
accursed
Account deleted
Toilet voice= barnes with cc. Awesome voice= fisher with cc. Awesome voice= barnes with six feet under.
26.11.2008 - 16:38
Ascendant187

Written by Guest on 26.11.2008 at 15:19

Toilet voice= barnes with cc. Awesome voice= fisher with cc. Awesome voice= barnes with six feet under.

Interesting way to put it but probably true by most accounts. I couldn't believe they replaced Barnes but then I certainly couldn't complain when I heard Corpsegrinder. The dude just suited their music perfectly.

And Barnes seems more than happy to be doing his own thing with Six Feet Under, which is great for everyone.
01.12.2008 - 02:57
Insects Of Death
Account deleted
I love bloodbath old and new
but in my opinion i think that corpseginder is a better vocalist in the long run. i kinda miss barnes sometimes.
01.12.2008 - 03:02
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by Guest on 01.12.2008 at 02:57

but in my opinion i think that corpseginder is a better vocalist in the long run. i kinda miss barnes sometimes.

since when have either been in Bloodbath? I think you got a little mixed up
----
Coldgrits
01.12.2008 - 06:19
Insects Of Death
Account deleted
Written by -DC-002- on 01.12.2008 at 03:02

Written by Guest on 01.12.2008 at 02:57

since when have either been in Bloodbath? I think you got a little mixed up

HAHA sorry i ment to say cannibal corpse i quess i was thinking of bloodbath when i was posting so yea.
03.12.2008 - 00:48
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I'm only on disc two at the moment, but so far their new DVD is perfect. I have about three and a half hours left, so I probably won't be able to finish it until next week lol. The thing that I love most about it is that you get tons of live songs, and they don't repeat the same song twice (besides Pulverized). You get hours of band history, interviews, and live performances, and any fan of Cannibal Corpse will love it.

It sucks that Trivium is on the DVD, even though their appearance is only brief.
03.12.2008 - 04:05
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Dangerboner on 03.12.2008 at 00:48

I'm only on disc two at the moment, but so far their new DVD is perfect. I have about three and a half hours left, so I probably won't be able to finish it until next week lol. The thing that I love most about it is that you get tons of live songs, and they don't repeat the same song twice (besides Pulverized). You get hours of band history, interviews, and live performances, and any fan of Cannibal Corpse will love it.

Yeah, I think I'll get it this month. It looks pretty bad ass and i've wanted it since advertisement for it came out.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
29.01.2009 - 15:58
Baz Anderson

I have an interview sorted in person with Cannibal Corpse, so as always I will ask if anyone has any (good and interesting) burning questions they would like asking.
30.01.2009 - 19:07
_HIV_

Im a big fan of what chris did with CC! and i absolutly love albums wretched spawn and kill! but from what i heard of evisceration plague ... its sounds a bit weak to me, some lyrics are great but they play it to slow for me! only track worth checking out is carnivorous swarm! although thats only my opinion ...
31.01.2009 - 17:57
theflyingmachine

It had its moments, but I didn't care too much for it either. Maybe I'm just more of an old CC fan.