Metal Storm logo
Cannibal Corpse

Original post

Posted by , 17.05.2006 - 15:37
No extreme metal forum without Cannibal Corpse

I hope there's no introduction needed with this band. And I also hope I don't have to give more arguments that Cannibal Corpse has made some very interesting cd's.
31.01.2009 - 18:26
Ascendant187

I haven't heard anything positive about the new album as yet. An acquaintence said it was boring, which surprised me. Hearing that the album is slow is interesting too. I mean, how slow are we talking? Good old fashion slow death metal or doom slow? lol.
31.01.2009 - 21:03
theflyingmachine

Maybe I'm on an island here, but I thought that the album wasn't all that slow outside of the title track. IMO the first five albums and Bloodthirst are probably slower. The title track certainly wasn't fast and was a little on the boring side, but the album as a whole was probably a similar speed as Kill. Problem I had with the album was that it was trying too hard to be brutal and they would finally get started with a good section, but blow it up in favor of some gay breakdown. But you should give it a spin as there are a couple good tracks and it isn't a horrible album.
01.02.2009 - 01:01
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Evisceration Plague seems to me like a big step down from Kill. Actually this is their first album where I grow a little tired of Corpsegrinder and I just don't get as much energy from this as I do from Kill. The riffs are good as always, but the drumming gets repetitive sometimes, like usual. I still like it enough to buy though.
01.02.2009 - 13:51
_HIV_

Written by Ascendant187 on 31.01.2009 at 18:26

I haven't heard anything positive about the new album as yet. An acquaintence said it was boring, which surprised me. Hearing that the album is slow is interesting too. I mean, how slow are we talking? Good old fashion slow death metal or doom slow? lol.

little slower then good old fachion DM, but not exactly doom slow.
01.02.2009 - 18:26
theflyingmachine

Pyro did you think this album was slow? Maybe I was just in a slow mood that day where anything heavier than Kenny G sounds fast
02.02.2009 - 00:54
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
No it's not slow, but just less energetic than I hoped.
02.02.2009 - 15:59
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Dangerboner on 02.02.2009 at 00:54

No it's not slow, but just less energetic than I hoped.

Yeah, I've still got hopes for it. I'm going to buy it at some point this month...hopefully I like it.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
05.02.2009 - 01:12
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I bought Evisceration Plague and it definitely sounds better on CD on a sound system than on the shitty MySpace player. Tracks 6-10 are my favs.
08.02.2009 - 16:51
Woutjinho
Account deleted
Evisceration plague didnt sound promising at all
08.02.2009 - 16:59
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Guest on 08.02.2009 at 16:51

Evisceration plague didnt sound promising at all

Yup, it's not a good album, just average.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
11.02.2009 - 05:17
c0dBulgaria

A Cauldron of Hate, Evidence in the Furnace and Evisceration Plague stand out for me in this album. Not as bad as many people make it out though, imo.
13.02.2009 - 14:30
Baz Anderson

So a few days away, I am confirmed for interviewing Mr Corpsegrinder. Any questions?
13.02.2009 - 18:15
Woutjinho
Account deleted
How much does he weigh?
14.02.2009 - 01:41
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I'm always interested in hearing musicians' fav bands
14.02.2009 - 01:52
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
What's his opinion about metal's evolution and metal's genres besides death metal, downloading, 10 albums while being alone in the desert [lol] and... mmm. If he takes the lyrics of the band as something serious or just funny
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
14.02.2009 - 03:29
Damnated
Churchburner
ask him if he still plays wow.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
14.02.2009 - 03:35
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
On the DVD that just came out with the new album he wore a WoW shirt, so I'm assuming he does lmao.
14.02.2009 - 10:41
Damnated
Churchburner
I bet a lot of musicians play some game, but are ashamed or do not have a reason to come forward with it. shame imo. there could be cs wars after concerts with the band.
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
14.02.2009 - 10:46
Sunioj

I'd like someone to ask him why their drummer sucks.
16.02.2009 - 02:33
theflyingmachine

Written by Sunioj on 14.02.2009 at 10:46

Didn't you list Butchered at Birth as your least favorite of the CC albums? Is the drumming why you don't like it?
16.02.2009 - 07:24
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Damnated on 14.02.2009 at 10:41

I bet a lot of musicians play some game, but are ashamed or do not have a reason to come forward with it. shame imo. there could be cs wars after concerts with the band.

Loads of bands play games when touring to kill the boredom.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.02.2009 - 09:34
Sunioj

Written by theflyingmachine on 16.02.2009 at 02:33

Didn't you list Butchered at Birth as your least favorite of the CC albums? Is the drumming why you don't like it?

Thats one of the reasons... it didn't seem as apparent on other albums that I liked more, but it just seems that the drummer is the weak link in the band. Or, at least it feels that way. I mean, I'm not a drummer, so I can't compare skills, but I never hear him doing any interesting fills or anything remotely varied. He always seems to have the same 4/4 *dut-dut-dut-dut-dut-dut-dut* sound to him. I think I read somewhere that he almost never practices as wel..
16.02.2009 - 17:28
theflyingmachine

Written by Sunioj on 16.02.2009 at 09:34

Thats one of the reasons... it didn't seem as apparent on other albums that I liked more, but it just seems that the drummer is the weak link in the band. Or, at least it feels that way. I mean, I'm not a drummer, so I can't compare skills, but I never hear him doing any interesting fills or anything remotely varied. He always seems to have the same 4/4 *dut-dut-dut-dut-dut-dut-dut* sound to him. I think I read somewhere that he almost never practices as wel..

The drumming is the reason why I didn't like Butchered at Birth as much, but that may be partially due to them being produced over everything else.
That style of drumming was also noticeable on Evisceration Plague, though for some reason, I actually kind of liked the sound on that album (one of the few things that I liked about it).
17.02.2009 - 01:20
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by theflyingmachine on 16.02.2009 at 17:28

Written by Sunioj on 16.02.2009 at 09:34

Evisceration Plague, though for some reason, I actually kind of liked the sound on that album (one of the few things that I liked about it).

Yeah man Erik Rutan is a fucking great producer.
17.02.2009 - 12:44
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.02.2009 at 07:24

Written by Damnated on 14.02.2009 at 10:41

Loads of bands play games when touring to kill the boredom.

but i don't think most of them share corpsegrinder's enthusiasm.
----

17.02.2009 - 17:22
Hellkommando

Yeah, for me its their early stuff although I must admit I've always been a big fan of Barnes. I don't think their stuff now is bad but I am a fan of their early work.
----

Formerly Desolate Gale
20.02.2009 - 03:30
Baz Anderson

I got the interview on here, check it out!

http://www.metalstorm.ee/pub/interview.php?interview_id=506
03.03.2009 - 23:58
WITCHCLAN

Well I am yet to hear the new LP, and from what I have read in this thread I am not in for a treat. Hmmm, this is disappointing as I have been looking forward to it for some time.

I have to say that I am more of a fan of their old material. First got into the band when Eaten Back To Life came out and loved every single track on it - and that artwork was amazing!
Then came Butchered at Birth and that remained a favourite album of mine for a long long time, I still consider it to be one of the stongest releases of the genre to this day - and once again brilliant cover art!!
Tomb Of The Mutilated and The Bleeding were both amazing too and I was truly gutted (no pun intended there..) when Chris Barnes left the band.

I strongly believe that nothing released after Barnes left was anywhere near as strong as the older material, with a few exceptions such as Blowtorch Slaughter and Severed Head Stoning to name just a couple. I do not like Corpsegrinder's vocals as much as I did Barnes and I prefer Chris's lyrical style - yes I know they are both gore writers but I thought Barnes was sicker and more creative.

The cover art is the icing on the cake - I realise this and accept it has nothing to do with the quality of music but it has always been a large part of the C.C package, especially in the early days but I feel these days that they don't really bother with it. I loved the Butchered and Tomb covers, after that it just seemed to get tamer and tamer until there was no shock value or quality in it at all. I am unsure if there is any extra art on the inside of Evisceration Plague having not bought it yet but if the front with those lame looking zombies is all there is then that is very disappointing indeed! A gore band needs a gore artwork!
----
Pre-order the new Witchclan demo now at www.witchclan.co.uk - release date 1st September 2010.
04.03.2009 - 01:20
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by WITCHCLAN on 03.03.2009 at 23:58

I strongly believe that nothing released after Barnes left was anywhere near as strong as the older material, with a few exceptions such as Blowtorch Slaughter and Severed Head Stoning to name just a couple. I do not like Corpsegrinder's vocals as much as I did Barnes and I prefer Chris's lyrical style - yes I know they are both gore writers but I thought Barnes was sicker and more creative.

The cover art is the icing on the cake - I realise this and accept it has nothing to do with the quality of music but it has always been a large part of the C.C package, especially in the early days but I feel these days that they don't really bother with it. I loved the Butchered and Tomb covers, after that it just seemed to get tamer and tamer until there was no shock value or quality in it at all. I am unsure if there is any extra art on the inside of Evisceration Plague having not bought it yet but if the front with those lame looking zombies is all there is then that is very disappointing indeed! A gore band needs a gore artwork!

About Barnes and Corpsegrinder writing Gore lyrics, well, that's not entirely the way it works. You see, THEY are not the main lyricists, Alex Webster is. He writes most of the lyrics and they all are Gore. Also, when from time to time other members write songs (and I watched the evisceration plague DVD, and yes there are occasional songs attributed that come from a source other than alex webster) they are also gore lyrics. It's not just Chris or Corpsegrinder, it's the whole damn band! but mostly it's alex.

And yes, about the artwork, their newer shit sucks. The album cover to Kill wasn't even anything but text with dripping blood. That sucks. What happened to the days when a fucking monster would burst out of some bitches belly and eat her?
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
05.03.2009 - 02:04
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Arian Totalis on 04.03.2009 at 01:20

Written by WITCHCLAN on 03.03.2009 at 23:58

About Barnes and Corpsegrinder writing Gore lyrics, well, that's not entirely the way it works. You see, THEY are not the main lyricists, Alex Webster is. He writes most of the lyrics and they all are Gore. Also, when from time to time other members write songs (and I watched the evisceration plague DVD, and yes there are occasional songs attributed that come from a source other than alex webster) they are also gore lyrics. It's not just Chris or Corpsegrinder, it's the whole damn band! but mostly it's alex.

Well it used to be almost 100% Barnes with the lyrics, but since he left you are right - it's mostly Webster. Hell, I don't even remember seeing Corpsegrinder credited once with writing lyrics on Evisceration Plague.