Metal Storm logo
Cannibal Corpse

Original post

Posted by , 17.05.2006 - 15:37
No extreme metal forum without Cannibal Corpse

I hope there's no introduction needed with this band. And I also hope I don't have to give more arguments that Cannibal Corpse has made some very interesting cd's.
05.03.2009 - 07:33
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Me either, really
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
26.06.2009 - 22:17
theflyingmachine

What do you all think of Eaten Back to Life?

Seems like some people think it is their best, and a lot of times, I do like the different sound on that album. But I only enjoy about 4-5 tracks (Born in a Casket, Shredded Humans, Edible Autopsy, and Skull full of Maggots). A couple of the other tracks are decent, but about 5 tracks are throwaways IMO (which is more than most of their better albums, but less than Gallery of Suicide or Wretched Spawn).
27.06.2009 - 00:23
danielllewis

Eaten Back To Life was good, it was a bit thrashier than their other material with Barnes. Butchered at birth improved on it in every way though, it has a much more brutal sound that just makes you want to bash someone's head hahaha.
----
27.06.2009 - 09:57
thesabbathfan

I love Eaten and Butchered, Tomb was okay (except for Hammer Smashed Face and I Cum Blood, which are amazing, plus a few others), and The Bleeding sucked - though I must say, the first 3 tracks on the album are great to hear live, but they kinda suck on the album.

But I'm a fan of everything with Corpsegrinder except Bloodthirst which kinda sucked (had a few classics)
----
01.07.2009 - 02:56
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
I only just started listening to Cannibal Corpse barr the obvious appearence in Ace Ventura But I really like them! I have only a few albums, Eaten Back To Life, Kill and Eviseration Plague. I heard the latest album first and I have to say, I was taken aback at how brutal it was [I guess, stupidly, I thought they were a bit of a sell out] and I becam a fan of them after that

I prefer later stuff, especially the albums Eric Rutan has produced I have a soft spot for him
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
07.07.2009 - 06:55
ironfiststew
Account deleted
Quote:

Well it used to be almost 100% Barnes with the lyrics, but since he left you are right - it's mostly Webster. Hell, I don't even remember seeing Corpsegrinder credited once with writing lyrics on Evisceration Plague.

yeah this is what i've known as well. and you can also really tell the difference in general between chris' writing and webster's. most people on this board seem to be into new cannibal corpse, but i find that there's a lot of overlap with their fans and the deathcore scene that i don't at all care for. old cannibal is really for the old schoolers. if it's not broke, don't fix it.
25.07.2009 - 00:18
wormdrink414

Written by Guest on 07.07.2009 at 06:55

Quote:

Well it used to be almost 100% Barnes with the lyrics, but since he left you are right - it's mostly Webster. Hell, I don't even remember seeing Corpsegrinder credited once with writing lyrics on Evisceration Plague.

yeah this is what i've known as well. and you can also really tell the difference in general between chris' writing and webster's. most people on this board seem to be into new cannibal corpse, but i find that there's a lot of overlap with their fans and the deathcore scene that i don't at all care for. old cannibal is really for the old schoolers. if it's not broke, don't fix it.

I agree with you to a certain extent, old cannibal corpse is primarily for those bizarre oldschoolers whom I know exist but have yet to meet (they are like the shadowy spine of the current death metalhead generation) , but I definitely believe that Corpsegrinder is the better frontman. That and the band has, overall, significantly evolved and become more "refined" since Barnes left. Evisceration Plague is by far my favorite Corpse album since Bloodthirst.
06.08.2009 - 11:03
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Remember Bob Rusay, the old guitarist of Cannibal Corpse? Well he is now a certified golf instructor. I just now saw this article
07.08.2009 - 02:19
theflyingmachine

Lol. I like how he didn't call his band Cannibal Corpse or make any mention of their albums. Must be embarrassed.
08.08.2009 - 21:08
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Yeah I noticed that too. I'd be more embarrassed to be a golf instructor than in a band with a name like that. In the new CC DVD, Centuries of Torment, a couple of the dudes said they had no idea where Bob went or if he was even still alive. I guess they know now
17.08.2009 - 03:04
Rexhungus

I definetly recommend checking out Evisceration Plague. Very Brutal, intense. As far as who is better Barnes or Fisher thats one of those subjective debates thats dependant on the individual. I love old CC stuff, I also love the new CC material as well. WHen I was at their latest concert I was headbanging just as hard to the new stuff as I was to the old.....ok well maybe when stripped Raped and strangled came on I moshed a little harder but....The Bleeding,Tombs of the Mutilated are classics in their own right and can never be touched; then again maybe they shouldn't be. If its truly a classic and and the best album ever , then if another album is made that better it it kind of takes away from that albums standing.

I think CC is doing better than the majority of the bands out there. For as long as they have been together they are still putting out damn good music; their concerts kick major ass and show no signs of slowing down. Musically they are evolving and becoming better players, sounding more cohesive. Even bands I really like usually blow their load after 2, 3 albums then limp along with mediocre albums with the occasional "holy shit this album is completely sick". CC is still trucking hard as far as I'm concerned.

I think hardest thing for a fan to do is roll with the times and their band. Bands evolve and change..some in the form of selling out and trying to get radio mtv play. Say what you will about CC now atleast they haven't brought out a accoustic guitar and start singing about reflecting on life.
21.08.2009 - 03:59
Windsovcreation

I fucking love CC. I'm new here so I just wanted to post in some threads...

I've seen CC twice, once just recently about a month ago..

It was such a sick concert. I talked to Corpsegrinder, Webster, and Paul...

I talked to Paul for about 45 min. He was really a cool guy and talked to us for a long time. I got all their autographs and it was such a brutal show... So brutal, they played for about an hour and a half. Really great concert minus God Forbid opening (which sucked). Behemoth was brutal as fuck too.

Edit: I just learned Evisceration Plague (the song) on guitar. Holy shit that song is fun to play!
----
14.09.2009 - 21:28
Emperor_XIII

I'm sure all of you CC fans on here know already but for those that don't I thought I'd let you know Hatebreed is headlining over CC on the upcoming Decimation of The Nation Tour (unfortunately) . Hope that doesn't change much for you as it will still be an awesome show for sure.
23.09.2009 - 18:28
Woutjinho
Account deleted
Seeing them on 2 october with dying fetus, vomitory and malevolent creation luckily
going to be awesome
07.10.2009 - 06:54
stephenssaiyan
Account deleted
CC is cool no doubt about it
28.10.2009 - 02:51
Baz Anderson

Anyone with questions they'd like to ask the band, please PM me before Friday. I interview them Friday.
28.10.2009 - 13:14
Angelic Storm
Melodious
I really got into CC through the Corpsegrinder albums. I had heard "Hammer Smashed Face" a few years before then when I was much younger, and I didn't like it. (although that is of course now, not the case!) I bought "Gore Obsessed" once on a whim, loved it, and have been a a huge fan ever since. I'm a bit disturbed by those saying they have less or no time for the Corpsegrinder stuff, due it attracting fans from the "death-core" scene. And that "old-schoolers" will only (or mainly) stick to the Barnes material. I couldn't care less about any "scene", all I care about is the music, and to my ears, the Corpsegrinder era is awesome. If you feel you have to stick to one era to make you seem more "tr00", then that's pretty silly and small minded I think!

As for how I view the Barnes material...well, I find it very hit and miss. "Eaten Back To Life" is 2 or 3 fillers aside, an awesome album. Thrashy, fun death metal, which also happens to contain my fave CC song, "Shredded Humans". Perfect soundtrack to some brutal B-movie flick, I think so! I find both "Butchered At Birth" and "Tomb Of The Mutilated" to be very overrated albums. Though "Gutted", "Covered With Sores", "Hammer Smashed Face" and "Beyond The Cemetary" are all awesome songs. I find both albums seem to be just a mish-mash of riffs thrown together, rather than actual songs, and it's hard to make out a lot of the individual riffs, especally the fast ones. I do enjoy TOTM for it's atmosphere though, which is thouroughly depraved and evil, and they've never been able to replicate that since. Songwise, "The Bleeding" is far better than the two preceding albums. The songs are better constructed, more tightly played, and definitely more memorable too! I find the Corpsegrinder era to be more consistent in quality of the material, but I love a lot of the Barnes era stuff. I really don't see why you can't enjoy both eras...
06.05.2010 - 14:36
ylside

Ahoy maties,
I am a complete sucker for extreme metal instrumentals, Cannibal Corpse has the amazing From Skin To Liquid. Any other instrumentals by this band you know ?
06.05.2010 - 23:58
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by ylside on 06.05.2010 at 14:36

Ahoy maties,
I am a complete sucker for extreme metal instrumentals, Cannibal Corpse has the amazing From Skin To Liquid. Any other instrumentals by this band you know ?

Relentless Beating from Vile, I'm pretty sure that's an instrumental.
----
Coldgrits
05.06.2010 - 22:47
vezzy
Stallmanite
I find Cannibal Corpse overrated by many death metal fans, but I do think that "The Bleeding" is a great album and so is "Tomb of the Mutilated". "Evisceration Plague" was a decent release too.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
06.06.2010 - 16:13
theflyingmachine

Written by vezzy on 05.06.2010 at 22:47

I find Cannibal Corpse overrated by many death metal fans, but I do think that "The Bleeding" is a great album and so is "Tomb of the Mutilated". "Evisceration Plague" was a decent release too.

Must've made a typo because you didn't mention Vile :-)
06.06.2010 - 16:20
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by theflyingmachine on 06.06.2010 at 16:13

Must've made a typo because you didn't mention Vile :-)

Admittedly, I'm not all too big on Cannibal Corpse. I started with stuff like Deicide, Massacre and underground bands I found at music.download.com, but it wasn't until fairly recent that I listened to CC for the first time.
----
06.06.2010 - 20:24
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Cannibal Corpse puts on a great live show. Whether you like their music that much or not, try to catch them live. I've seen em twice in the past half year or so and the last time was last month in Florida. It was hot, there were tons of sweaty, smelly metalheads, and the venue was pretty small, but the show was awesome. This one guy kept taunting CC during their show, and between songs, George looked at the guy and said something along the lines of, "Yeah, keep it up. I could kill you. All I would have to is pull my hair back and split you in half with my neck." And that was worth every penny of going to the show.
09.06.2010 - 16:55
Got Mayhem?

CC do indeed have a great live show. Their music is energetic as hell and Corpsegrinder loves to interact with the crowd. If you haven't already seen them then you NEED to catch them the next time they come through.

"You guys can try to headband to this next song, but I'm telling you right now that you're not gonna be able to do it as fast as me" - George's intro to I Cum Blood
----
01.08.2010 - 03:57
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath

Cannibal Corpse is NOT overrated; they've had their own unique kind of death metal that many bands adopted later on so, CC could be considered as somewhat pioneers to brutal death metal along with 'Suffocation' .. besides, CC has some great energetic music that truly capture's the essence of metal, pure heaviness and brutality ! .. AND.. also they're excellent musicians, i dare anyone to play their stuff and claim it was easy .. or that it didnt take them a time and effort to be able to play like that
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
01.08.2010 - 12:30
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Zombie on 01.08.2010 at 03:57

Cannibal Corpse is NOT overrated; they've had their own unique kind of death metal that many bands adopted later on so, CC could be considered as somewhat pioneers to brutal death metal along with 'Suffocation' .. besides, CC has some great energetic music that truly capture's the essence of metal, pure heaviness and brutality ! .. AND.. also they're excellent musicians, i dare anyone to play their stuff and claim it was easy .. or that it didnt take them a time and effort to be able to play like that

I really don't know. First four albums is about as good as it gets for me, then it becomes stale. I wouldn't really call them brutal death pioneers, although their lyrics and cover art were one of their main "gimmicks". Although, you are right, they are energetic to some degree and yes, learning their songs requires substantial effort.
----
01.08.2010 - 17:21
Perseverence
Account deleted
In a side note I would like to know if the hordes like Chris Baines or Corpsegrinder.
01.08.2010 - 17:28
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Guest on 01.08.2010 at 17:21

In a side note I would like to know if the hordes like Chris Baines or Corpsegrinder.

Who are these "hordes"?
----
01.08.2010 - 17:30
Perseverence
Account deleted
Quote:
AND.. also they're excellent musicians, i dare anyone to play their stuff and claim it was easy .. or that it didnt take them a time and effort to be able to play like that

Yes, it may be that I'm a newbie at guitar but Starring Through the Eyes of the Dead is a hard ass song to play. To Decompose however was not that hard to learn it's more of a groove, not that technical.
01.08.2010 - 17:31
Perseverence
Account deleted
Written by vezzy on 01.08.2010 at 17:28

Written by Guest on 01.08.2010 at 17:21

Who are these "hordes"?

The hordes are tha fans, if I'm spelling it wrong let me know.