Metal Storm logo
Scorpions - To Break Up After World Tour

German hard rock legends Scorpions are calling it a day. The band's last album Sting In The Tail will be out on March 19th 2010, with a world tour following the release. The official word from the band reads as follows:

"It was always our pleasure, our purpose in life, our passion and we were fortunate enough to make music for you - whether it was live on stage or in the studio, creating new songs.

While we were working on our album these past few months, we could literally feel how powerful and creative our work was - and how much fun we were still having, in the process. But there was also something else: we want to end the Scorpions extraordinary career on a high note. We are extremely grateful for the fact that we still have the same passion for music we've always had since the beginning. This is why, especially now, we agree we have reached the end of the road. We finish our career with an album we consider to be one of the best we have ever recorded and with a tour that will start in our home country Germany and take us to five different continents over the next few years.

We want you, our fans, to be the first to know about this. Thank you for your never-ending support throughout the years! We uploaded the very first snippets from our new album for you, available here. And now... let's get the party started and get ready for a Sting in the Tail. See you on the world tour."

Get your Sting and Blackout World 2010 tour dates can be found here.

Source: the-scorpions.com
Band profile: Scorpions
Event: Scorpions: Get Your Sting and Blackout World Tour
Posted: 24.01.2010 by Thryce

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 52   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 369 users
24.01.2010 - 22:01
Mountain King
K i K o
I wish Scorpions would remain forever. My all time favorite band is going to quit, so i need to see them this year no matter what! It's amazing how this band has so many top quality songs and almost all their all albums are simply amazing (except eye to eye which has only a few decent tracks, mainly ballads). Which is worth noticing is that their last album, Humanity, is one of the best i've ever heard! Few of the 70's 80's Heavy Metal bands have been able to put out such an amazing album after being present in the music industry for more than 30 years. We should all appreciate this amazing band, and all of u rock/metal fans should at least try to see these legends one last time. I hope i get the chance, because if i don't, i think i'll panic haha...
As for the meaningless comments posted here by some people that we should stop listening this old music, well i listen to a lot of newer bands that are MAINLY Power Metal bands and Progressive Metal bands and i really enjoy their music and i think music has evolved in a very great way, but still we can't deny the Scorpions music and how beautiful it is, especially considering the era it came out in. That's why i consider Scorpions as the greatest band and they are definitely my favorite...

Long Live Heavy Metal and the Scorpions...
24.01.2010 - 22:08
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 24.01.2010 at 21:46

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 24.01.2010 at 20:44

Thank god they are quitting. They should have done that after Blackout then at least their legacy wouldn't have been tainted. Good riddance I say.

I personally would have preferred them to go out after Uli left. :/

Does anyone know if they are adding more tour dates AND if they play their Uli Jon Roth-era stuff live?

now they don't usually play them anymore, only 2-3 songs from Lovedrive... i think it would be fitting to tour with Uli as a special guest for a while though, seeing as these are the last shows they will ever perform.
24.01.2010 - 22:12
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Valentin B on 24.01.2010 at 22:08

now they don't usually play them anymore, only 2-3 songs from Lovedrive... i think it would be fitting to tour with Uli as a special guest for a while though, seeing as these are the last shows they will ever perform.

Uli didn't play on Longdrive. I wish he would play this last tour with them. I'd LOVE to hear some In Trance songs live, but I'm afraid this won't happen. T^T
24.01.2010 - 22:21
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 24.01.2010 at 22:12

Written by Valentin B on 24.01.2010 at 22:08

Uli didn't play on Longdrive. I wish he would play this last tour with them. I'd LOVE to hear some In Trance songs live, but I'm afraid this won't happen. T^T

yeah, i know MS played on Lovedrive, just said what 70s stuff they still play..

anyway this next tour sounds interesting, i presume they'll be playing more stuff from Blackout than usual, which is awesome(i'm mostly psyched about Dynamite which is one of their most explosive tracks and must be extremely epic live), also i hope they finally turn "When The Smoke Is Going Down" into a regular concert closer. it's far too good to save for "special" occasions.
24.01.2010 - 22:25
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Valentin B on 24.01.2010 at 22:21

also i hope they finally turn "When The Smoke Is Going Down" into a regular concert closer. it's far too good to save for "special" occasions.

I dunno man, I think closing with Yellow Raven would be more epic and very, VERY honorable. Everybody would be expecting a clichéd hit, and then BAM! Yellow Raven! :O
24.01.2010 - 22:30
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 24.01.2010 at 22:25

also i hope they finally turn "When The Smoke Is Going Down" into a regular concert closer. it's far too good to save for "special" occasions.

I dunno man, I think closing with Yellow Raven would be more epic and very, VERY honorable. Everybody would be expecting a clichéd hit, and then BAM! Yellow Raven! :O

LOL you're crazy.. why don't you just go to Uli Jon Roth's concerts?

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/uli-jon-roth/2007/club-quattro-hiroshima-japan-63d652e3.html i've counted 9 badass old Scorpions songs there, including 5 or so that aren't even featured on their Live at Wacken DVD, so it must have been at least 30 years since they ever played them.
24.01.2010 - 22:34
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Valentin B on 24.01.2010 at 22:30

Eh, I've thought about it... Does he play his Scorpions songs? :O

But yeah, I'm just saying... That song is so beautiful and has an EPIC outro. If anything, it could be part of the encore... As the outro is playing... they go RIGHT into the Rock You Like a Hurricane riff. TELL ME, VAL! TELL ME THAT WOULDN'T BE ONE OF THE MOST EPIC MOMENTS IN ROCK HISTORY. :O! :O! :O!
24.01.2010 - 22:40
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 24.01.2010 at 22:34

Written by Valentin B on 24.01.2010 at 22:30

Eh, I've thought about it... Does he play his Scorpions songs? :O

But yeah, I'm just saying... That song is so beautiful and has an EPIC outro. If anything, it could be part of the encore... As the outro is playing... they go RIGHT into the Rock You Like a Hurricane riff. TELL ME, VAL! TELL ME THAT WOULDN'T BE ONE OF THE MOST EPIC MOMENTS IN ROCK HISTORY. :O! :O! :O!

that outro isn't epic imo, plus breaking into Hurricane would be extremely out of place, it's a great song though. did you check out the setlist and clean the keyboard of drool?
24.01.2010 - 22:43
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Valentin B on 24.01.2010 at 22:40

that outro isn't epic imo, plus breaking into Hurricane would be extremely out of place, it's a great song though. did you check out the setlist and clean the keyboard of drool?

I do say, poop on you, sir. The outro is epic. D:<

Yeah, it does look awesome. I just don't know how I feel about Uli singing songs like Life is a River. :l
24.01.2010 - 23:04
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Shitty...guess I should have seen them when I had the chance a couple years back...
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
24.01.2010 - 23:42
Symmachus
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 24.01.2010 at 21:21

Written by Symmachus on 24.01.2010 at 21:13

Them ending on a high note is a nice sign.

Ending on a high?

Their high was around the time of Blackout certainly not now.

I'm not really familiar with their latter material (but I'm listening to "New Generation" as I write this). When I was talking about ending on a high note, I was using their words in this passage:

Quote:

But there was also something else: we want to end the Scorpion's extraordinary career on a high note.
25.01.2010 - 00:05
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Written by Irritable Ted on 24.01.2010 at 16:56

Not really a world tour though is it.

They said they gonna be on tour for a few years, so I'm rather sure there will be some more dates beside the ones announced for the coming six months.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
25.01.2010 - 02:37
Illwill
Scorpions was one of the first bands got me into metal. I'm not crazy about their new work but I still love them. About the quitting announcement, I'm sure it's just a publicity stunt to boost the upcomming realease of their new album. They would not be the first artists to do it. Scorpions are here to stay !!! (edited for Marcel, no more THE )
25.01.2010 - 02:43
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
To all people wjho call them The Scorpions... it is Scorpions (without The) ffs
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.01.2010 - 05:36
renai
Sad but true it maybe their best way. they were not "on high note" in decade already. farewell.
----
hey...my blog >>> http://metalharem.blogspot.com/
25.01.2010 - 06:04
SatyriconChick
No!!!!!!! And I've never gotten to see them live. They're not playing in the US at all on this tour?!
25.01.2010 - 08:16
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Man this is a real blow. I've been listening to them basically since I was born lol. It just doesn't seem real. I am going to have to catch them on that world tour, else I may never get another chance.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
25.01.2010 - 11:58
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
They're still around?
----
rekt
25.01.2010 - 15:16
T.H.C.
Lol ... yeah they're still around ... will be gone soon tho ... honestly i think they dont fit into the present metal scene too well ... but the band is legendary and carries nostalgic value to some ... so long scorpions ...
----
I'm not in denial i'm just selective about the reality i choose to accept
26.01.2010 - 02:20
fade
Son of Sweden
Staff
Yeah World tour meaning Europe....
----
The troubles of avoiding horseshit.
My Music database: http://www.racksandtags.com/northernsky/
26.01.2010 - 02:23
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by fade on 26.01.2010 at 02:20

Yeah World tour meaning Europe....

Nope, this is what it says in the news blog: "with a tour that will start in our home country Germany and take us to five different continents over the next few years."
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

27.01.2010 - 16:55
Schamym
Wish they would tour India again HeadBangalore is the place to be!!!
----
Aut Vincere Aut Mori

Hits total: 8003 | This month: 11