Metal Storm logo
Having A Good Time Without Alcohol

Original post

Posted by Baz Anderson, 25.01.2010 - 00:10
We come of alcohol drinking age, we find alcohol, we get drunk and have a good time.

We get older, the effects of alcohol don't seem so strong so we drink more and more to try and get the same effect as before.

Before you know it, you only seem to have a good time when you are extremely drunk after drinking the best part of a bottle of vodka or something.

Sound familiar?

Well I'm not quite that bad yet, but last night I went out without being stupidly drunk and had a miserable time (although some other factors may have contributed to this...).

If anyone has been in this situation and found a way of having a good time without being really drunk, let me know.
12.02.2010 - 20:44
MetallicA

Written by Dangerboner on 10.02.2010 at 10:34

Anytime I drink, I make sure I have a full glass of water. I haven't been hungover in a long time, except yesterday when I got shitfaced at work and was hungover by the time I got home :/

at work? How did you manage that?
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
14.02.2010 - 16:13
Tormentor666

I haven't got drunk a single time since I came back from my Erasmus in Poland, that meant a comeback to my real customs, because it is hard for me to get drunk even though I drink a lot of vodka, rum, whiskey and beer (not in the same night, obviously). But in my Erasmus it was like getting drunk almost everyday... and I couldn't have fun if I didn't get drunk. Anyway, I think that's the normal thing when you are on Erasmus haha.
----
WARFARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
14.02.2010 - 17:34
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Tormentor666 on 14.02.2010 at 16:13

I think that's the normal thing when you are on Erasmus haha.

I have never been anywhere with Erasmus... I heard you have to pay quite a lot there to get a place to live and stuff...

Anyhow... When I was studying in China we also drank very often... most often we were drinking tea...
14.02.2010 - 17:44
Tormentor666

Written by Ernis on 14.02.2010 at 17:34

I have never been anywhere with Erasmus... I heard you have to pay quite a lot there to get a place to live and stuff...

Anyhow... When I was studying in China we also drank very often... most often we were drinking tea...

Well, that's not quite like that... when you are on Erasmus you are supposed to be paid some money from the Government and the EU, that money is useful to look for accomodation and all that stuff. But the price of accomodation depends quite a lot on the country or the city you decide to go.
----
14.02.2010 - 17:52
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Tormentor666 on 14.02.2010 at 17:44

Written by Ernis on 14.02.2010 at 17:34

Well, that's not quite like that... when you are on Erasmus you are supposed to be paid some money from the Government and the EU, that money is useful to look for accomodation and all that stuff. But the price of accomodation depends quite a lot on the country or the city you decide to go.

Yeh... it also depends on who is going where...

For instance if you go from a Western European country to a post-soviet developing country there might not be that much problems...
If you go from a developing country to an advanced Western country, you will find higher prices and the EU help money is definitely not enough... I know it from the experience of some schoolmates... those who went to France, Belgium etc had to find a job fast to afford the accommodation the price of which is very high for people coming from poor countries... whereas when someone comes from Spain, it's actually cheaper for them to get accommodated here... Plus, we always leave the foreigners a better impression by giving them better living conditions than to our own students... in China it's similar... you could pay and live in a "hotel" environment instead of a dormitory where most of the local students were living... I was living in a dormitory which was of "middle" class... that is, not exactly the top but also not the worst possibility... I was very satisfied...
14.02.2010 - 18:10
Tormentor666

France and Belgium are expensive even for Spanish people. But apart from that, I got a very high amount of money from the grant. I think I was the only one.

I was living in the same conditions as Polish students. I lived in a dormitory with two Polish roommates, but it was fantastic. Vodka and guitars on the corridor until the very late night.
----
15.02.2010 - 05:04
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by MetallicA on 12.02.2010 at 20:44

Written by Dangerboner on 10.02.2010 at 10:34

Anytime I drink, I make sure I have a full glass of water. I haven't been hungover in a long time, except yesterday when I got shitfaced at work and was hungover by the time I got home :/

at work? How did you manage that?

I always find a way, no matter what job I've had
21.02.2010 - 15:16
Twilight
IntepridTraveler
Try MDMA or marijuana instead, at least it's much less unhealthy than alcohol is.
And I think you'll have a much better time.
You'll be not as fucked up and easily agressive than when you consumed alcohol.

There's also this drug that gives the same effects as alcohol but in the long term is much less unhealthy, the only risk is it's easy to overdose, you need to be careful with it.
21.02.2010 - 16:05
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Twilight on 21.02.2010 at 15:16

Try MDMA or marijuana instead, at least it's much less unhealthy than alcohol is.

with marijuana it's different imo. while anyone can drink, not many people really know how to get the best out of a smoke and just puff them like bad cigarettes.
21.02.2010 - 17:08
Twilight
IntepridTraveler
That's true, it's matter of getting to learn how to smoke properly.
21.02.2010 - 17:36
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Twilight on 21.02.2010 at 15:16

You'll be not as fucked up and easily agressive than when you consumed alcohol.

There's also this drug that gives the same effects as alcohol but in the long term is much less unhealthy, the only risk is it's easy to overdose, you need to be careful with it.

You mean GHB? I'd advise everyone to stay away from that. Addictive as hell. (EDIT: And, as you said, very easy to overdose on as it's taken in really small doses.)
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
21.02.2010 - 23:52
Twilight
IntepridTraveler
I don't know about it's addictive strength, but I know at least one guy who's able to use it in a responsible way. But he doesn't drink and measures the dose very carefully.
I think it can be done, although I don't have any experience with it.
And by the way, alcohol is quite addictive too.
21.02.2010 - 23:57
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Twilight on 21.02.2010 at 23:52

I don't know about it's addictive strength, but I know at least one guy who's able to use it in a responsible way. But he doesn't drink and measures the dose very carefully.
I think it can be done, although I don't have any experience with it.
And by the way, alcohol is quite addictive too.

Of course it can be done. However, the evil of GHB is that it is easily obtainable, cheap per dose (close to nothing if you know your sources), works for only three hours approx. (can be done between school and evening shift work) and it is a great drug.

In the beginning it's not that addictive physically, but very addictive mentally. And once you're physically hooked, going cold turkey could kill or cause deliriums and shit like that.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
12.03.2010 - 01:42
andrewg

I used to drink some year ago but now i have not been drink yet because i have lost my lungs due to over dose of alcohol.
12.03.2010 - 20:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Drunk poeple piss me of, todays story
I walk in street some asshole age 16-19 I know his face, dunno name, was drunk and start insult me, ask me money, I say fuck of scum, he grab me, I push him , he felt, stand up and try punh me, I block it and hit to his nose whit fist, there was blood, eh felth, I kick to his ribs whit force whit Doc Martens, maybe I broke his ribs, because he was swollow blood, he take a nife try stab me, I block it and braking gis arm take nife away and trow it in fields, he try use his cell like weapon and I block his punch whit a pfone , he lost pfone and I kick to his dick whit force, he felt and start scream anb say i be dead, I be dead ... bla bla bla bla bla

Damn those drink idiots in streets piss me of we say acab, police brutality but sometimes its noice when cops hit those idiots in jail because simply I like drinks, but never erver in my life I when have been drunk act like he and never looking for a fight(even mainly I drink at home, I hate bars n pubs in Lv there full whit idiots) , realy it piss me of, realy piss me of such idiots, I show mercy to bastard I could kick him more till he cant walk ... maybe next time when he act like today someother will do it , simply I hate drunk idiots

EDDIt: my act was selfd defense I could stab him whit his nife and its be self defense
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.03.2010 - 21:09
Ragana
Rawrcat
Meh, that's rough but I guess there's nothing more you could do to a drunk (just to wish he's too drunk to walk straight).

Wanna hear something about police? My classmate was robbed a few weeks ago and none of the two police stations (regional and the town's) came to see what has happened or if someone's injured. Fun fact: the police building was 500m away from my classmate's house.
12.03.2010 - 21:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ragana on 12.03.2010 at 21:09

Meh, that's rough but I guess there's nothing more you could do to a drunk (just to wish he's too drunk to walk straight).

Wanna hear something about police? My classmate was robbed a few weeks ago and none of the two police stations (regional and the town's) came to see what has happened or if someone's injured. Fun fact: the police building was 500m away from my classmate's house.

Latvian cops are cunt heads nothing more , but thet guy piss me of, if he insult hells angel he be dead now, simply such morons can do anything to innodent people, old people, child etc ,
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.03.2010 - 00:19
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Written by Kasper on 07.02.2010 at 21:06

Like a lot of people have said - you can have a great time without alcohol. All you need is people you enjoy being together with

About drinking alot. Last friday a guy died in a club because of too much drinking. A bartender challenged him to drink more tequila shots than him - and he accepted. So they began drinking, and both kept pouring tequila in their mouth. When they reached about shot 75 (!!!!!!) the guy stopped - he lost the challenge. He went into the toilet, and somehow people forgot about him (dont ask me how) - eventually, they found him dead in the toilet.

It was all meant as a joke, as he was known for drinking alot - but to take piss on him, the bartender poured water for himself, and tequila for the poor guy.

Now hes dead. What a world.

I'd say that the bartender is just a fucking coward and the customer is simply an idiot. In this case, it was solely the guy's fault for pushing himself to drink so much. He must've been a train wreck in life for no one in a reasonable state of mind would go on to down that amount of alcohol without second thought.
Then again, the bartender should've taken a bit of responsibility in the situation. Some people man.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
15.03.2010 - 07:52
Kasper

Written by Visioneerie on 15.03.2010 at 00:19

I'd say that the bartender is just a fucking coward and the customer is simply an idiot. In this case, it was solely the guy's fault for pushing himself to drink so much. He must've been a train wreck in life for no one in a reasonable state of mind would go on to down that amount of alcohol without second thought.
Then again, the bartender should've taken a bit of responsibility in the situation. Some people man.

Afterwards the bartender quit his job, and I think hes having some serious personal problems at the moment.
----
"An open mind is like a fortress with it's gates unbarred and unguarded"
15.03.2010 - 09:06
Nexus
Asshat
Hahaha, having a good time without alcohol? That's rich.

Naw, but I guess it depends on the people you're with. Although it's rare I'll go out at night expecting to be sober, there are a handful of people I'm perfectly okay being with without being under the influence of everything, as I find conversations with them interesting enough. However, if I'm invited out with a bunch of people and I know that there isn't gonna be booze for whatever reason, I'd rather chill by myself. Sad, but true.

Written by andrewg on 12.03.2010 at 01:42

I used to drink some year ago but now i have not been drink yet because i have lost my lungs due to over dose of alcohol.

Holy crap, how did that happen?
----
If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for everything
20.03.2010 - 01:23
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Sometimes it's funnier when you are the only one sober in a party, i've done that a couple of times and watching what everybody does is really hilarious...i always receive phone calls the next day from friends asking me what happened or stuff like...that i kissed who?!?!? lol
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
22.03.2010 - 14:51
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
I must be the most un-fun person on this forum then because I actually prefer to not be intoxicated when I party or go out. Weird...I dont like the taste so I drink orange juice instead
22.03.2010 - 15:32
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Guest on 22.03.2010 at 14:51

I must be the most un-fun person on this forum then because I actually prefer to not be intoxicated when I party or go out. Weird...I dont like the taste so I drink orange juice instead

well, i don't like to get shitfaced most of the time too, i don't like being hungover and it puts an enormous hole in my pocket at least when going out. when i'm at parties i'll gladly drink pretty much anything.
23.03.2010 - 02:11
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I like to be sober when I go out because I go to a lot of industrial tranc-type clubs because you can't really drink if you're going to dance for eight hours...
26.03.2010 - 13:47
Alphafemale

I almost never drink and I always have a good time Alcohol pulls me back to reality
----
'Proud forest rises towards the sky,
in awe I stand silent
Green path of life amalgamates
With my own belief'
26.03.2010 - 15:49
Baz Anderson

Written by Guest on 22.03.2010 at 14:51

Try orange juice and gin. That' what I'm drinking these days.
26.03.2010 - 23:12
Ragana
Rawrcat
Or orange juice vs. vodka. When there's a lot of juice you can't even say there's alcohol in it...
26.03.2010 - 23:24
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Ragana on 26.03.2010 at 23:12

Or orange juice vs. vodka. When there's a lot of juice you can't even say there's alcohol in it...

yeah, i swear i have to put half vodka and half orange juice to actually feel the alcohol. not saying it's not great a great drink to get hammered
26.03.2010 - 23:56
Baz Anderson

Haha yes, I have been drinking fruit juices with gin/vodka quite a lot recently. At least the fruit is somethat healthier than cola, or whatever... (hahaha, thinking about health drinking alcohol...)
But it does mix a lot better, the taste of the alcohol is masked - so you can put more in it!
27.03.2010 - 00:08
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
I don't drink at all, so when I go out it's always without alcohol. I have fun all the time. Go camping, or just chill with friends, go see a movie. If you are going to a bar, your mind tells you that the drunk people around you are having more fun. It's just psychological. Just avoid the bar type situation. Suggest other places to chill out, a coffee house, park, etc.