Metal Storm logo
Having A Good Time Without Alcohol

Original post

Posted by Baz Anderson, 25.01.2010 - 00:10
We come of alcohol drinking age, we find alcohol, we get drunk and have a good time.

We get older, the effects of alcohol don't seem so strong so we drink more and more to try and get the same effect as before.

Before you know it, you only seem to have a good time when you are extremely drunk after drinking the best part of a bottle of vodka or something.

Sound familiar?

Well I'm not quite that bad yet, but last night I went out without being stupidly drunk and had a miserable time (although some other factors may have contributed to this...).

If anyone has been in this situation and found a way of having a good time without being really drunk, let me know.
27.03.2010 - 00:18
Deus Ex Machina

Lately. I haven't been drinking much. But when I was 16-18, I drank a lot. Did drugs, too but less than alcohol. I thought it was impossible to have a good time without it. Today, although I live a bit healthier. I still think everything is easier when you're drunk. That's just how it is. Alcohol relaxes me, and that's a fact. Obviously, I'm not gonna go around telling kids they should drink cause it's no fun without it. XD
But eh, being able ot have fun sober depends on the crowd you hang around with and the types of places you go to. It is kind of sad, if everything seems lame when you're sober. But, whatever. If you hang around bars and places like that obviously, staying sober would be weird. If you go camping and shit. Well....it's a lot easier. Depends on your lifestyle. I don't have a definite answer for you. Just.....don't turn into a smelly old drunk. K?
27.03.2010 - 00:41
Baz Anderson

Hahaha, I hope no one will think I am some kind of alcoholic reading this thread...
Obviously alcohol has a time and a place. Maybe the problem isn't drinking when going out at night - but that I go out at night too often, hahaha. Still, I haven't been out much recently.
27.03.2010 - 15:12
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Baz Anderson on 26.03.2010 at 23:56

At least the fruit is somethat healthier than cola, or whatever... (hahaha, thinking about health drinking alcohol...)

Cola is soooo untasty mixed with alcohol unless it's rum. People here mix it with vodka and the result tastes just awful. :l
Hahah, I do the same thing - think what alcoholic beverage would be healthier to drink. I usually end up with beer because I guess it's better than some pink, green or blue cocktail with gin...
27.03.2010 - 15:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Baz Anderson on 27.03.2010 at 00:41

Hahaha, I hope no one will think I am some kind of alcoholic reading this thread...
Obviously alcohol has a time and a place. Maybe the problem isn't drinking when going out at night - but that I go out at night too often, hahaha. Still, I haven't been out much recently.

Going out is fun ... but walk home drunk it isnt fun anymore , realy easyer is sleep wherever you want, but seems there soft winter, non has frozen there to death from alcohol and non has lost frozen legs, arms, finger because slept drunk in snow ... or woke up in midle of sea in drifting ice
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
27.03.2010 - 15:23
Baz Anderson

Hahaha, well I can say I have never fallen asleep anywhere outside on the way back home. I don't get that bad!
27.03.2010 - 15:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Baz Anderson on 27.03.2010 at 15:23

Hahaha, well I can say I have never fallen asleep anywhere outside on the way back home. I don't get that bad!

Me to , but walk 6km home from party in 5 am chilly summer morning was not fun , I was so tired once
----

apos;'
[image]
27.03.2010 - 15:59
Ragana
Rawrcat
I think it IS fun. Okay, not in winter, but I've walked (with friends) 8km at 8AM to the nearest train station after a good party with my former classmates. We literally were partying in the middle of nowhere and that walk was really nice and refreshing.

The best thing is when you get home and fall asleep in your own bed, haha.
27.03.2010 - 16:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ragana on 27.03.2010 at 15:59

I think it IS fun. Okay, not in winter, but I've walked (with friends) 8km at 8AM to the nearest train station after a good party with my former classmates. We literally were partying in the middle of nowhere and that walk was really nice and refreshing.

The best thing is when you get home and fall asleep in your own bed, haha.

no it isnt its hard and you're tired all next day and sleep tilkl 5pm or 6pm, there no fun I need car, driver to go to party who's farer how 1km
----

apos;'
[image]
27.03.2010 - 16:16
Ragana
Rawrcat
And after you're drunk you'll drive, eh?

Pointless. Of course you're tired but that? logical... and it's nice to finally have a deep sleep, no one says you have to wake up early or something. I've slept for more than 15 hours after some parties and that feels great, heh. I plan it so I'm not late for anything.
27.03.2010 - 16:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ragana on 27.03.2010 at 16:16

And after you're drunk you'll drive, eh?

Pointless. Of course you're tired but that? logical... and it's nice to finally have a deep sleep, no one says you have to wake up early or something. I've slept for more than 15 hours after some parties and that feels great, heh. I plan it so I'm not late for anything.

No I need driver who drives me wherr I want and petter pay Ls10 to driver+ fuel how fine to cops and lost license
----

apos;'
[image]
27.03.2010 - 20:50
Ragana
Rawrcat
Duh.

Oh well, I guess I'm not as lazy as you...
28.03.2010 - 08:19
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Speaking of driving drunk...I've already had two friends over the past five years who have gotten DUIs because they decided to party at people's houses and then drive drunk to the bars...the both of them wound up passing out and driving into things...waking up with cops and fire department people at their side...not cool...
29.03.2010 - 20:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 28.03.2010 at 08:19

Speaking of driving drunk...I've already had two friends over the past five years who have gotten DUIs because they decided to party at people's houses and then drive drunk to the bars...the both of them wound up passing out and driving into things...waking up with cops and fire department people at their side...not cool...

DUIs what it means?

Man here one guy get drunk and decide go hoem whit car....he was drinking in naibour house whos 50metres from his house and he cane asely walk there but he drive and cops catch him and he lost license LOL
----

apos;'
[image]
30.03.2010 - 04:16
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
DUI=Driving Under Influence
12.04.2010 - 14:54
Homage
Account deleted
Rarely do I have a good time without being drunk.
13.04.2010 - 23:20
Ragana
Rawrcat
I don't use much cola anyway but I might try it sometime, why not.
13.04.2010 - 23:35
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
People, as crazy as this may sound... mix your Gin with grapefruit juice and rejoice.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
14.04.2010 - 13:16
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
I have been quite ''good'' in the terms of drinking for the past two years and I'm doing just fine, I can go to parties and not get drunk and it's still fun for me During my high school and especially first three college years I was somewhere inbetween drunk and loaded at every party I attended and then well I guess the drinking started to bore me, the hangovers kept getting worse to handle and somehow I just didn't need the alcohol to have a great time, I didn't find the ''I was so drunk last night'' stories interesting at all and that's all

Not that BEER is not great (or any other alcohol beverage), I still have a beer or two or three occasionally, rum and coke, some liquor now and then, I just don't get drunk or at least, when I feel I'm getting there, I switch to water
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
16.04.2010 - 05:40
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
People are posting their alcoholic concoctions in a thread about having a good time WITHOUT alcohol...what's the deal with that?
27.04.2010 - 17:39
Parazyd

I mostly drink beer, but sometimes I drink liquor.
But, yes. It's possible to have a good time without abusing alcohol drinks.
----
Don't worry Cartman. There are no stupid answers, just stupid people.
27.04.2010 - 22:17
Kasper

The definition of alcohol abuse is when people spill their beer.
----
"An open mind is like a fortress with it's gates unbarred and unguarded"
28.04.2010 - 00:30
Jonnz of Steel

Written by Kasper on 27.04.2010 at 22:17

Tell me about it, breaks my heart every time!
28.04.2010 - 22:26
Edmund Fogg

Depending on the situation it is easy to ghave fun without alcool.Playing pool,speaking to friends instead of just drinking and not really saying anything,go to show and enjoy them instead of drinking your ass of and not remembering anything,go to restaurants....the list is long
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
07.11.2011 - 01:14
second_coming89
Account deleted
Written by Kasper on 27.04.2010 at 22:17

07.11.2011 - 17:53
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Agree a lot with the OP. Comes a time when you find that your friends are stopping the party a bit too soon for your liking and you know that you've still got a fair distance to go to reach a satisfactory conclusion to the night. I'm at this sort of stage but really I dont want to know what the next stage after this is. Cant be good whatever it is.
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
19.11.2011 - 18:47
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Oh, I do this all the time. It's perfectly normal for me to go out and have fun without drinking alcohol at all. My friends know when to offer me an orange juice.

Personally, I don't see the need to drink to have fun or "more fun" than I already do. And if that makes me boring to the eyes of some people, fine. Not like I care anyway I did in the past, but now I just go on with my life.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
21.11.2011 - 18:59
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
I dont drink to get drunk anymore. I have far to much responsibility during the days to be hungover and dealing with it all. I will drink some beers here or there. Id rather smoke a bowl anyways.
21.11.2011 - 21:46
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Guest on 21.11.2011 at 18:59

I dont drink to get drunk anymore. I have far to much responsibility during the days to be hungover and dealing with it all. I will drink some beers here or there. Id rather smoke a bowl anyways.

Conservative types can say what they want, smoking weed has no hangover-like after effect, which is imo one of its prime advantages. You can smoke like crazy and after 8 hours of sleep you're absolutely normal, maybe with slightly damaged vocal chords from the smoke or bad filtering of the joint (but this only applies to this type of using weed). So yeah, you can have a good time without alcohol, you just have to smoke some green.
21.11.2011 - 23:42
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by Valentin B on 21.11.2011 at 21:46

Conservative types can say what they want, smoking weed has no hangover-like after effect, which is imo one of its prime advantages. You can smoke like crazy and after 8 hours of sleep you're absolutely normal, maybe with slightly damaged vocal chords from the smoke or bad filtering of the joint (but this only applies to this type of using weed). So yeah, you can have a good time without alcohol, you just have to smoke some green.

Exactly. There are no negative effects other than damage from the smoke (use a vaporizer and the its perfectly healthy.) There has never been a recorded death because of it. Still don't know why its illegal.
21.11.2011 - 23:46
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Guest on 21.11.2011 at 23:42

Written by Valentin B on 21.11.2011 at 21:46

Exactly. There are no negative effects other than damage from the smoke (use a vaporizer and the its perfectly healthy.) There has never been a recorded death because of it. Still don't know why its illegal.

after legalisation, i believe consumption levels rose and then dropped to levels lower than before the legalisation in the Netherlands. and, imo, what's better, the Dutch realized that it's overrated (i love it too, but let's not pretend it isn't)