Metal Storm logo
Having A Good Time Without Alcohol

Original post

Posted by Baz Anderson, 25.01.2010 - 00:10
We come of alcohol drinking age, we find alcohol, we get drunk and have a good time.

We get older, the effects of alcohol don't seem so strong so we drink more and more to try and get the same effect as before.

Before you know it, you only seem to have a good time when you are extremely drunk after drinking the best part of a bottle of vodka or something.

Sound familiar?

Well I'm not quite that bad yet, but last night I went out without being stupidly drunk and had a miserable time (although some other factors may have contributed to this...).

If anyone has been in this situation and found a way of having a good time without being really drunk, let me know.
22.11.2011 - 00:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BloodTears on 19.11.2011 at 18:47

Oh, I do this all the time. It's perfectly normal for me to go out and have fun without drinking alcohol at all. My friends know when to offer me an orange juice.

Personally, I don't see the need to drink to have fun or "more fun" than I already do. And if that makes me boring to the eyes of some people, fine. Not like I care anyway I did in the past, but now I just go on with my life.

I agree and I m thining real happy ppl who ha snod epresion when are old and reach 35-40 if they are happy they dont need every day alcohol, cigarretes to enjoy it , as far for me I dont need it at all nowdays

@Emperor - I never drink to get drunk, I drink for tatse I prefere ariticratic drinks some rare whisky's , cognacs , some 60 years old vintage hard gett stuff how ordinary store crap, I doint take drink nowdays when go somewhere even a coffe, because pubs dont offer me anything what I wnat and besides drink at home is cheeper
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.11.2011 - 15:10
Having REAL fun without alcohol ...accessing ....calculating ...error !
24.11.2011 - 00:05
Slayer666
Fun without alcohol? The fuck is this, the AA meeting?

Sure, it's possible. But real fun is where everyone is hammered to the point where they do shit no one in their right mind would while sober.
The day after is the best part, when everyone goes: "Hoooly shit, we did WHAT?!?".
24.11.2011 - 00:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Slayer666 on 24.11.2011 at 00:05

Amon Amarth rules
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.11.2011 - 22:10
Slayer666
Written by Bad English on 24.11.2011 at 00:22

Amon Amarth rules

02.12.2011 - 11:14
vezzy
Stallmanite

Sure, it's possible. But real fun is where everyone is hammered to the point where they do shit no one in their right mind would while sober.
The day after is the best part, when everyone goes: "Hoooly shit, we did WHAT?!?".

You call that fun? Fuck a bitch and forget you did it? Get the fuck out, you cowardly Serb.

If you're really into fun with substances, salvia + DXM will do the trick, from what I've been told.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
02.12.2011 - 11:22
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff

You got it all wrong dude. Real fun is to pretend you drank.... To pretend that you got hammered and then when everybody else is absolutely fucked up, doing massive tons of stupid shit... You will be there completely sober recording the whole thing.

Blackmail material >>>>> hangover.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
02.12.2011 - 14:38
Slayer666
Written by X-Ray Rod on 02.12.2011 at 11:22

You got it all wrong dude. Real fun is to pretend you drank.... To pretend that you got hammered and then when everybody else is absolutely fucked up, doing massive tons of stupid shit... You will be there completely sober recording the whole thing.

Blackmail material >>>>> hangover.

Tried that once, and I wanted to a part of the stupid shit going on so badly I caved in and actually got drunk. Watching can be fun, but doing it yourself is even more so.

Plus, I guess I have a fast metabolism so I don't really have any problems with hangovers. Unless I completely destroy myself, but even in that case it's only a slight headache for a few hours.
02.12.2011 - 15:07
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Slayer666 on 02.12.2011 at 14:38

Plus, I guess I have a fast metabolism so I don't really have any problems with hangovers. Unless I completely destroy myself, but even in that case it's only a slight headache for a few hours.

That's because you're barely post-fetus. I didn't even know what a hangover was until my 20s. Once you get to my age things take a different shape.
02.12.2011 - 15:15
Slayer666
Written by Guest on 02.12.2011 at 15:07

That's because you're barely post-fetus.

That... was totally uncalled for, gramps.
02.12.2011 - 15:17
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
That's because you're barely post-fetus. I didn't even know what a hangover was until my 20s. Once you get to my age things take a different shape.

Too young to comment on that but I do feel like when I have been really hammered... That I felt better two years ago than how I feel these days when I get hammered.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
02.12.2011 - 16:07
Destryphior
Written by X-Ray Rod on 02.12.2011 at 15:17

Too young to comment on that but I do feel like when I have been really hammered... That I felt better two years ago than how I feel these days when I get hammered.

It gets worse, nowadays the whole next day is ruined if I get hammered, that is if I don't stop drinking booze and switch to water at some point..

But why have a good time without alcohol, when you can have alcohol without having a good time..
20.12.2011 - 22:21
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
I never ever drink. If my night out is not as fun as I expected, I can always go home or strike up a conversation with someone who'd like to chat. Relying on a form of substance abuse to make me have "fun" by making me "tipsy" isn't my cup of tea. And when everyone around me is drunk, that's not very fun either. Taking care of little wasted girls on gigs who'd get squashed otherwise isn't something I enjoy, and neither are conversations that fall apart.

Sorry for crashing the thread lol.
----
7.0 means the album is good
20.12.2011 - 22:52
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I only see alcohol as a catalyst for an already great situation. And even then, I very rarely binge.. knowing the drinking routines of other peoples, they might say i'm actually a very boring drunk as i never do shit you might see in England or Scandinavia like crawling on all fours due to extreme drunkenness or shouting nonsense..
21.12.2011 - 00:56
Slayer666
Written by Valentin B on 20.12.2011 at 22:52

do shit you might see in England or Scandinavia like crawling on all fours due to extreme drunkenness or shouting nonsense..

Saw this in Greece, Korfu, actually. A bunch of 110% wasted English dudes were just rolling around on the parking lot, laughing at god-knows-what.
Oh, the laughs I had...
21.12.2011 - 02:53
Baz Anderson
Staff
Hahahaha, all hail the English!
21.12.2011 - 05:59
Sweetou
Written by vezzy on 02.12.2011 at 11:14

You call that fun? Fuck a bitch and forget you did it? Get the fuck out, you cowardly Serb.

If you're really into fun with substances, salvia + DXM will do the trick, from what I've been told.

Lol, salvia's not even worth it.
21.12.2011 - 14:21
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Sweetou on 21.12.2011 at 05:59
Lol, salvia's not even worth it.

At least it's legal, in some states anyway.
----
21.12.2011 - 20:08
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by vezzy on 21.12.2011 at 14:21
At least it's legal, in some states anyway.

Plus I hear it does wonders for putting your Disney career in the rear-view while you sing about partying in the USA even though you're like 5 years under-age.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
21.12.2011 - 20:14
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Troy Killjoy on 21.12.2011 at 20:08
Plus I hear it does wonders for putting your Disney career in the rear-view while you sing about partying in the USA even though you're like 5 years under-age.

You know, that reminds me.

A bottle of Bulgarian champagne is sitting next to my monitor right now.

In two days, I'll be going to my little home town to spend my 15-16 days of winter vacation. It's a gift for my uncle.

He's the only one who lets me drink beers, make cocktails and stuff. My father's side of the family wouldn't let me touch a beer. No way in hell. In fact, if I told 'em, they'd ban me from going there, haha.
----
21.12.2011 - 20:17
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by vezzy on 21.12.2011 at 20:14
A bottle of Bulgarian champagne is sitting next to my monitor right now.

This thread is about having fun without alcohol.

Sounds like a good opportunity for...

Wait for it...

MALE BONDING
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
21.12.2011 - 20:18
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Troy Killjoy on 21.12.2011 at 20:17
Sounds like a good opportunity for...

Wait for it...

MALE BONDING

Without alcohol. Oh right, nearly forgot.

And waitwat

The fuck?
----
23.12.2011 - 03:11
Mattybu
A lot of people at my school have done Salvia, apparently it's just weird (like, as Troy pointed out , Miley Cyrus shit) for like 10 minutes then you're golden, sober right up after. I've seen people do it at parties and they just kind of vibrate/shake and look around at things.
23.12.2011 - 15:08
Genghis Kal
Account deleted
I havn't been totally wasted for a few years now. I might have a couple of pints of (quality) beer or a glass of wine occasionally.

I despise those people who go out and get pissed every weekend like it's their hobby. It's alright when you're 18 and it's all new but after that it's kind of pathetic. You should be able to have fun without alcohol when you grow up.
26.12.2011 - 05:48
Kennoth
I'll admit that I'm having a hard time having fun without alcohol, especially if I hit the club, pub, caffe bar or something like that. Even more so if I'm around new people (though that's rarity). I'm shy, introverted, socially awkward, and alcohol helps me unwind and "free" my body from my mind, at least a little bit. I become less shy, more talkative and more bold in general. So it's not uncommon for me to completely fuck the place up, either with frantic insane dancing (more like awkward bizarre movements) or with actually having a "spit war" with my friend in the club (last Thursday, apparently I started it, that's why security beat him up). Unfortunately, even with substantial alcohol intake, I still can't grow a pair to do anything around females, but by then, I don't even care and I'm just happily (and a bit melancholic) either staring at them a bit or just ignoring them completely.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
29.12.2011 - 03:05
whatsacow
Depends on the environment. In a clubbing environment, you have to be pissed off your tits to ignore the shit music. In the company of friends, gathered around watching a movie, or playing a game, or just talking, a beer or three is nice. People seem to forget that you can enjoy alcohol without getting absolutely smashed. One or two to relax you or make you more confident. You don't need to throw up three years supply of food to have a good time.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
29.12.2011 - 10:05
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I think it's a question of semantics now, the title is "having a good time without alcohol", but in the first post it is implied that all you can do with alcohol is drink until you can't even crawl from the taxi back seat to your house door like they do in England and Scandinavia on a typical weekend. I very rarely binge-drink (and even then I still keep a very good perception of reality) but having a beer once in a while is not a problem.

The only two times I actually did stupid shit because of alcohol was when I fell asleep next to a campfire at the beach with a plastic beer bottle as my pillow/fluids supply, and on last year's new year's party I forgot to release one of those screeching fireworks. Aside from it screeching right in my ear, a spark flew off in my shirt and made a really awesome bullet-like hole, which my friend promptly extinguished with beer.

I did loads more fun things while high though. I guess though that was also somehow implied, like "can you have a good time without taking any substances?". My answer is still yes, but it does depend on the setting. For example, I know there are cultures where being talkative and assertive are highly valued, like the USA or Australia. I'm pretty sure you can have good discussions without alcohol. However, there are people from more "quiet" societies who need some booze to loosen up physically and mentally, like the Scandinavians, and then again there are people who come from very alcohol-friendly countries, like Russia, Germany, Poland, Denmark, Moldova, Ukraine, etc. where social gatherings dictate that alcohol is involved. The only time I've ever been told "come on, drink faster, what are you doing?" was by a Polish girl haha.
29.12.2011 - 21:59
MetalSpider
Well for me I'm in an interesting situation.

I have 2 groups of friends (that are separate and haven't met each other, but know of each other...and I would like to keep it that way).

The first group I have known many of them since high school (8-9 years), 2-3 of the girls who joined us after high school (5-6 years Ive known them now) and 2-3 other girls who became the girlfriends of few of the guys (1-2 years now). This group likes to party and drink from time to time. Especially around the holidays and birthdays. I used to drink with them and get drunk and have damn good time.

But than I met the second group (which really isn't a group, it's just me and 2 friends, a girl and a guy) 2 years ago and we've been really close ever since. We hang out often and we talk a lot! I consider them 2 of my best friends (especially the girl because she's the easier one to talk to so I tell her everything). Neither of them really drink (they might have like one small drink and that's it) and I don't drink when I'm around them so as a result I just don't drink much anymore. But I always have a good time when I'm hanging out with them, no matter what we do. They're not party animals like my other group, but we go to restaurants and each other's houses (and the occasional movie) and we just talk and hang out and have a good time.

Now with my other group (the big group), when we're hanging out (especially when it's all of us hanging out for an event) I just don't have as much fun anymore unless I drink. Few days ago, it was one of the girl's birthday's and I didn't drink because I had work really early the next day and I just didn't want to feel like shit the next day (considering my job consists of a lot of driving). So I ended up being one of the driver's that night. I had an ok time, and I took silly pictures with them and what not but I just didn't have that much fun. I didn't have a bad or miserable time or anything like that...but I know I would have enjoyed it more if I drank.

Edit: So to summarize: In my case, I have a good time without being drunk depending on the people I hang out with. But that's just how it is for me.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
02.01.2012 - 19:06
ThunderAxe1989
Account deleted
For new years I really shouldn't have drank that champagne! totally wasn't worth it. I hereby vow to never drink champagne ever again, no matter what the occasion.....
02.01.2012 - 21:45
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Guest on 02.01.2012 at 19:06
For new years I really shouldn't have drank that champagne! totally wasn't worth it. I hereby vow to never drink champagne ever again, no matter what the occasion.....

If I had a nickel for every time someone said they'd never drink again.

Although... you only said never drink CHAMPAGNE again. I see what you did there.
----