Metal Storm logo
Hellfest - 3rd Bands Announcement!

We're happy to introduce you the new 24 bands, now just a month before the final announcement? Fans of desert rock will be thrilled, as will fans of black metal and 80's punk! The bill will also appeal to those nostalgic for US rock, thrashers and death-metal experts, hardcore fans and, of course, good old metalheads will be happy too! And finally true heavy metal fans will have the chance to see the cult of the legendary speed metal band from Canada, Anvil!

JOHN GARCIA PLAYS KYUSS - JELLO BIAFRA AND THE GUANTANAMO SCHOOL OF MEDICINE - BIOHAZARD

ANVIL - BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME - BRANT BJORK AND THE BROSS - DELAIN - DISCIPLINE - DEW SCENTED - EVILE - GOROD - KMFDM - LOUDBLAST - MARDUK - MONDO GENERATOR - NACHTMYSTIUM - NEVERMORE - NILE - OTARGOS - RATT - SIGH - THE YOUNG GODS - WATAIN - Y&T - YAWNING MAN

GWAR cancels?

We're sorry to tell you that GWAR has canceled. The booking agent and the band have decided to postpone the tour in August?

In one month's time, the 26th of February, we will reveal to you the last and biggest names, the bands which be headlining the festival for a last "blast", which will be devastating!

Keep an eye on the new www.hellfest.fr which should open at the end of the day!

Hellfest Team

Source: hellfest.fr
Event: Hellfest Open Air 2010
Posted: 26.01.2010 by Jeff

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 35   Visited by: 253 users
25.01.2010 - 13:32
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
NEVERMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just book Orphaned Land and it'll be perfect!

Also, Gorod, Nachtmystium, The Young Gods.... yum yum
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
25.01.2010 - 14:03
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Hmm.. the only bands that really tickle me are Nevermore and Evile..i guess this means i won't be there this year, though it does depend on what the 2 other headliners are.
25.01.2010 - 14:30
iMorphball
Dude, Nile! Nice!
25.01.2010 - 14:34
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
With these names it is now 100% certain Hellfest will blow all the other open air summer festvials out of the water.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.01.2010 - 14:42
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
John Garcia plays Kyuss?!?!?!

That will be awesome

I was just wondering last night what that guy was up to
25.01.2010 - 14:43
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Dangerboner on 25.01.2010 at 14:42

John Garcia plays Kyuss?!?!?!

That will be awesome

I was just wondering last night what that guy was up to

Well, playing Kyuss songs as well in April at Roadburn
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.01.2010 - 14:44
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Who will be playing the instruments? Scott Reeder... Brant Bjork?
25.01.2010 - 14:47
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Dangerboner on 25.01.2010 at 14:44

Who will be playing the instruments? Scott Reeder... Brant Bjork?

Nope... I wish hahaha
Wierdly though Reeder and Bjork will be present at Roadburn with Goatsnake and Brant Bjork and the Bros.

Garcia will be helped out by two old Celestial Season guys.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.01.2010 - 14:51
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Wait.... Goatsnake is back together? So Greg Anderson is going to put his pretentious Sunn O))) band on hold for a bit to at least tour with Goatsnake?
25.01.2010 - 14:53
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Dangerboner on 25.01.2010 at 14:51

Wait.... Goatsnake is back together? So Greg Anderson is going to put his pretentious Sunn O))) band on hold for a bit to at least tour with Goatsnake?

I think the Goatsnake gig is a one off but am not sure. Sunn O))) pretentious? Hell no.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.01.2010 - 16:08
routa
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.01.2010 at 14:53

Written by Dangerboner on 25.01.2010 at 14:51

Sunn O))) pretentious? Hell no.

Hell yes

Hmh, still nothing for me.
25.01.2010 - 16:30
Athropos
Burning inside
Gorod and Loudblast, French Metal :-)
25.01.2010 - 16:44
soadbyob
Account deleted
Damn, gwar cancelled
25.01.2010 - 18:00
AyΣm
Abyssal Zebra
F***ing crazy Loudblast is alive ?!?!
25.01.2010 - 19:15
Baz Anderson
Staff
The only problem I have is the lack of power metal. Primal Fear and Sabaton... yes... good... but I'm still surprised this French festival hasn't backed Heavenly after they released another great album. Hellfest is the only place someone like me outside of France gets chance to see bands like them that don't get the opportunity to tour outside their own country.
25.01.2010 - 20:37
arj
Very happy with the announcement. Nevermore, Marduk and Nile m/
25.01.2010 - 21:54
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Good bunch of new names. Also good to see Gorod and Loudblast added to the list.
25.01.2010 - 23:40
Wilkinson
Some of these names I don't know at all, but there are also quite a lot of bands I'd like to see on this line-up!!! I'll be there anyway! And waiting for February 26th..
----
Can you hear the Tales from the Ocean
Submerged cities and haunted wrecks
Can you hear the Tales from Nowhere
The wind will tell you, if you listen

After the Rain.. http://running-after-the-rainbow.blogspot.com
26.01.2010 - 02:37
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Kyuss, KMFDM, The Young Gods, Mondo Generator, Nevermore, Watain, Gorod and Delain! I DEFINITELY have to be there!
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
26.01.2010 - 03:14
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Promonex on 26.01.2010 at 02:37

Kyuss,

There is no Kyuss there. It is Garcia singing Kyuss songs with a different back-up band. Only Garcia was part of Kyuss.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.01.2010 - 03:25
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.01.2010 at 03:14

Kyuss,

There is no Kyuss there. It is Garcia singing Kyuss songs with a different back-up band. Only Garcia was part of Kyuss.

The songs remain the same, so it's still enough Kyuss for me. Wouldn't you be just as glad about a Zouille Plays Sortilege kinda thing? I have to confess, I am somewhat surprised though that both Brant Bjork and Nick Olivieri are on the same fest, but aren't on stage with John Garcia. Or maybe they will be? Would be pretty awesome if such a constellation came into existence again.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
26.01.2010 - 03:30
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Promonex on 26.01.2010 at 03:25

Kyuss,

The songs remain the same, so it's still enough Kyuss for me. Wouldn't you be just as glad about a Zouille Plays Sortilege kinda thing? I have to confess, I am somewhat surprised though that both Brant Bjork and Nick Olivieri are on the same fest, but aren't on stage with John Garcia. Or maybe they will be? Would be pretty awesome if such a constellation came into existence again.

I hope Nick won't be on stage with Garcia. Cause as well all know the definitive Kyuss has Reeder on bass Bjork on drums and Homme on guitar. I doubt Garcia will play with Nick. Nick is one of the most unreliable people around it seems.
Garcia doing a karoake Kyuss is of course fun, but nowhere near Kyuss the real thing same would apply to Zouille doing Sortilège.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.01.2010 - 04:03
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.01.2010 at 03:30

Written by Promonex on 26.01.2010 at 03:25

Kyuss,

I hope Nick won't be on stage with Garcia. Cause as well all know the definitive Kyuss has Reeder on bass Bjork on drums and Homme on guitar. I doubt Garcia will play with Nick. Nick is one of the most unreliable people around it seems.
Garcia doing a karoake Kyuss is of course fun, but nowhere near Kyuss the real thing same would apply to Zouille doing Sortilège.

I certainly wouldn't mind the "Blues for the Red Sun" lineup sans Homme. Yeah, I heard of Olivieri tending to behave like an unprofessional idiot, but for such a case Garcia still has his backup band
----
26.01.2010 - 12:06
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Baz Anderson on 25.01.2010 at 19:15

The only problem I have is the lack of power metal. Primal Fear and Sabaton... yes... good... but I'm still surprised this French festival hasn't backed Heavenly after they released another great album. Hellfest is the only place someone like me outside of France gets chance to see bands like them that don't get the opportunity to tour outside their own country.

About Heavenly, they're just not touring yet. But who knows, they might start at Hellfest just for you .

I'm waiting for the last announcement in February. I have seen almost all the bands announced this time, although it'd be good to see Marduk, Nile, and Watain again. Funny to see Otargos in this list as well.
26.01.2010 - 12:10
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Written by Ilham on 26.01.2010 at 12:06

Nile

As far as brutal and technical death metal go, Suffocation and Gorod are much better live than Nile, believe me!
----

I am awake"
26.01.2010 - 13:17
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Darkside Momo on 26.01.2010 at 12:10

Nile

As far as brutal and technical death metal go, Suffocation and Gorod are much better live than Nile, believe me!

Hey, I've seen the three of them, but I just like Nile the most .
26.01.2010 - 13:38
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Written by Ilham on 26.01.2010 at 13:17

Written by Darkside Momo on 26.01.2010 at 12:10

Nile

Hey, I've seen the three of them, but I just like Nile the most .

Where studio albums are concerned, I'm torn between Nile & Gorod. Live, it's Suffocation without any doubts for me.
----

I am awake"
26.01.2010 - 22:05
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Elite

Written by Baz Anderson on 25.01.2010 at 19:15

About Heavenly, they're just not touring yet. But who knows, they might start at Hellfest just for you .

I'm waiting for the last announcement in February. I have seen almost all the bands announced this time, although it'd be good to see Marduk, Nile, and Watain again. Funny to see Otargos in this list as well.

That's the real problem you know. People say that they have seen all the bands already, but if we only add unknown and rare bands everybody whine too haha not easy for Ben to do the line up : o)
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
26.01.2010 - 22:14
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Jeff on 26.01.2010 at 22:05

That's the real problem you know. People say that they have seen all the bands already, but if we only add unknown and rare bands everybody whine too haha not easy for Ben to do the line up : o)

Looking at the names that have been confirmed I doubt that people have seen MOST of the bands. There are loads of bands there that are quite underground or haven't played for a long long time.
i think most people say they have seen most bands on the line-up when they have seen 30-40 of them. Well, in my book that's not MOST.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.01.2010 - 22:18
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Elite
Well yes, with real real fans or open minded people. But for the others (the one who ask the most actually lol) that's different.

Im proud of the line up, not a lot of big festivals have the balls to book some of the bands which will play at HF this year
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!

Hits total: 4817 | This month: 10