08. Hirundineans
09. Nemesis
10. The Valley
11. Wraith
12. Sycamore Trees [bonus]

Staff review by
KwonVerge
Rating:
It's always nice seeing this melodic black metal combo from Germany striking back in welcome amounts of time, on 2010 it was Ylem's turn to see the light of day, the second one with Morean on vocals after the pretty strong Eidolon.

On this new attempt a darker air is distinctive, the overall atmosphere breathes something either menacing or with the essence of a pleasant nightmare, no matter how contradictive this may sound. The guitars apart from the railway or more upbeat groovy moments offer some really wonderful and inspired melodies, chords, even solos and every now and then you are able to cherish some very interesting passages that evoke a sense of distress or a more oriental vibe. Seraph behind the drumkit delivers an awesome performance with a wide variety of tempos and techniques. Very often, thanks to the very good production, you get to listen to some well-thought ideas that actually make the composition more complex and above all, they partake in the atmosphere since they add this something that will lend another air to the way it flows.

Read more ››
published 03.10.2010 | Comments (25)

Found in 21 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 14   Visited by: 620 users
26.01.2010 - 07:48
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Good album.

Althou ''good'' is a little dissapointing after the excellent Eidolon. Interesting drum work throughout the album.

First 2010 album on my playlist o/
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
28.01.2010 - 23:50
draconian

Good album!
the new that dark fortress bring in this album is the alternance between agressive and growl vocals, melodic pieces , great drums and somtimes amazing guitars.Overall it's an amalgam between death and black metal.
29.01.2010 - 03:54
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Had very high hopes for the album and I suppose im a little disappointed....not really sure why but I feel this is a bit more of an exploratory album, more atmospheric - which some people would love, some people like me dont like that as much. The songs are also extremely long...theres quite a few clocking over 7 minutes and I suppose some of them are just a little slow.

The title track and satan bled are epic...mostly because they remind me a lot of Eidolon, which is still my favourite DF album.
01.02.2010 - 16:15
Noxious

Awesome
27.02.2010 - 18:46
paulo figueiredo
Account deleted
Its a good black metal album with gothic/dark metal influences, but i still don't find this to be as awesome as most people say it is...maybe it's me! LOL
12.04.2010 - 00:20
Culty

Well this is the first Dark Fortress album I've heard and i like it quite a bit. Should probably check out Eidolon since you guys say its better .
----
Gfnttlr
28.11.2011 - 21:37
serega25

This is album is good!!! Need to check another albums.
02.02.2013 - 07:02
Rating: 9
squidrick420

I got this album on accident and I am glad that I did. I was drunk looking through used cd's and i saw word dark, and a black metal looking logo and put it in the pile of cd's i was getting thinking i just found a Dark Funeral album. Well when i put it in my cd player i knew it wasn't Dark Funeral, but whatever it was blew my mind. That is how i discovered this amazing band/album.
22.02.2013 - 13:35
Rating: 10
lord artan

05. Evenfall...masterpiece...
23.10.2013 - 00:12
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
I like.
06.06.2014 - 16:49
Himedal

Osiris is fucking awesome
----
What goes by is life to be taken
The doom calls upon the forsaken
12.09.2014 - 18:52
Rating: 10
horridus

This album is a fucking masterpeice!
----
I hope you suffer fuck mouth!
07.01.2015 - 03:07
Joe Zombie

I've been listening to more of this group lately. While I really like this album I feel its a tad too lengthy. There are some real gems on this one: Evenfall, Silence, As the World Keels Over.
03.10.2019 - 15:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Not good, its a bit slower, not such classic bm speed, its good composed , yes, but not as I like. I like, but not my fav, another death metal ''directions'' here, but whit suprise Evenfall amazimng calm ''ballad'' song.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 12806 | This month: 22