Metal Storm logo
Darts

Original post

Posted by Baz Anderson, 02.08.2006 - 22:28
Darts! One of my biggest 'hobbies' if you can call it that.
I have not been playing darts for a long time - I used to alwasy want to, but only maybe half a year ago I finally got a dart board and sets of darts
My first board was a 'paper board' as they are called - and that just got destroyed around the twenty, five and one area as you can imagine so a few days ago I baught an expensive professional bristle board with very thin wires.
Since I have been using my new board I seem to be throwing much better, so I am rather pleased with that.

I have pretty much taught myself what there is to know - but I am sure there is probably something about my grip or stance that someone would be able to advise me on - but I have done alright by myself so far.
One thing though, and that is I have never his a 180 which is rather annoying - haha I come close all the time though so I'm sure one day it will happen.

So are there any other keen dart players out there? If so - please post something here, I've never discussed darts before.
Its one of the few things an Englishman is the best at in the world. haha

Haha, and no - not all dart players are fat
21.08.2006 - 14:19
Baz Anderson
Staff
haha wooo!
the pictures dont really show me doing it though, i could have just shoved the darts in the board and took a picture. haha
oh well, i did actually throw them

it'll probably be a while before i throw another. some days i throw really well and some days i just cant hit anything i want
hahaha - i must be the only person in here that plays darts, no one cares what i am saying. hahahaha
15.11.2006 - 21:15
buki of steel
Crystal Ann
Hej,you are not only one who plays.. i'm playing mostly when im drunk
15.11.2006 - 21:33
danzig111
Account deleted
When I was about 10/11 years old I played darts....well not the real ones, the magnetic kind

That's probably the only time I've played. I should try real darts one day.
16.11.2006 - 00:39
Baz Anderson
Staff
haha. my darts thread lives again!!
ive not been able to play at all recently because my room here in university doesnt have a place where my dart board can go
i hope ill find some friendly place to start playing again. ive probably gone rubbish in my time away from the board.
oh well
16.11.2006 - 11:31
buki of steel
Crystal Ann
ha,here in our pub if you order some beers you can play darts for free without any time ristrict.
so,we are playing every weekend for couplle of hourse. well,when you cant no longer hold dart in your hand
28.12.2006 - 20:21
Baz Anderson
Staff
as i am home for christmas, i put my dart board back up and have been back playing on that! woo!!!
it feels so good to throw some darts again
its even better then i got my second 180 today. haha - wooo!

EDIT: just thrown another 180, this time with some brand new, expensive darts ive got - so i am happy i seem to have adjusted to them now. they are a lot heavier - 25g !!
haha

EDIT (again): woo, thats three more 180s since ive been on here a couple of days ago

EDIT: two more.. thats total of 8 now
16.03.2007 - 12:42
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
A few years back I tried to play darts because I thought it would be great fun. But I was new to it, and I just damaged the walls where the dart-board (or whatever it is called) was hung actually the dart set belonged to one of my friends. He took it back, and ever since, I haven't touched a dart-set.
anyway, still I think it is an interesting game.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
05.12.2007 - 23:34
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Hey, has anyone tried to MAKE darts?? I was never throwing "proffesionaly", it was more interesting for me to make darts for my self and throw them a little bit...
If someone wants, I can show you how to make really cool darts from 4 matches, some paper, needle and thread...
----
09.12.2007 - 16:08
Bulletdodger
I love Darts , the whole summer I played it with my friends . You need a keen eye , and a steady hand. After some time I got pretty good , but the first time I played I almost deacapitated my friend
----
Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können.
David Hilbert
12.12.2007 - 14:20
Baz Anderson
Staff
haha one of my friends nearly decapitated me when we were playing some time last year
that was amusing.. I still have a slight hole in the wall right near my head. haha
13.12.2007 - 20:22
Lord TJ
I never thought about playing darts with friends before, after reading these posts it sounds like a good idea lol.

I have this stupid magnetic dart thing in my room when I was a kid. It sucked! When I hit it with a dart the dart would slide down and fall off.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
14.12.2007 - 13:02
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Lord TJ on 13.12.2007 at 20:22

I never thought about playing darts with friends before, after reading these posts it sounds like a good idea lol.

I have this stupid magnetic dart thing in my room when I was a kid. It sucked! When I hit it with a dart the dart would slide down and fall off.

Hahah, I make my own, they stick even in concrete.
----
15.12.2007 - 00:14
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Today in math class we played Darts

I was actually pretty good and it was my first time playing real darts! I want a dart board for Xmas now
20.12.2007 - 19:37
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I think it is interesting. I watch it sometimes on Eurosport.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
20.12.2007 - 21:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BloodTears on 20.12.2007 at 19:37

Eurosport show darts didnt know it
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.12.2007 - 22:45
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Bad English on 20.12.2007 at 21:50

Written by BloodTears on 20.12.2007 at 19:37

Eurosport show darts didnt know it

Yes, sometimes.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
21.12.2007 - 19:51
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Man, a week ago on the phone, I was speaking with my godfather who is pretty much a legendary dart player in my town [he actually knows my math teacher cuz she was on a darts team too apparently lol] .........He was suppose to stop by and drop off one of his dart boards / darts, but didn't! aggghhh!
26.12.2007 - 10:52
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
i have a dart board, and its good fun, however can get a bit boring after a while...
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
27.12.2007 - 03:15
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
It's after Xmas and I still didn't get no damn dart board!
16.01.2008 - 02:27
Baz Anderson
Staff
woo! well, over the last few days I have really been practising a lot - after probably a year or so with not playing at all
and I finally threw another 180. hahaha

18.01.2008 - 14:46
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
@ Baz Anderson - well done

Now you just need to eat and drink a lot more and you will be ready for the tv games
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
23.03.2008 - 04:01
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
dammit man we haven't played darts in math class since '07, i've gotta get me one ov those!
11.06.2008 - 17:17
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Are darts really a sport? I had always considered them a game, like chess or checkers.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
13.06.2008 - 00:37
Gordon Freeman
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 11.06.2008 at 17:17

Are darts really a sport? I had always considered them a game, like chess or checkers.

I feel the same way. But it does require physical skill so it could be considered a sport. Also when people start competing at something on a professional level we usually consider it a sport. (i.e. billiards, bowling, golf etc.)

Darts for me however are more of a fun bar game then a sport.
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
02.08.2008 - 19:52
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
I got me a new dart board and darts today
06.01.2009 - 01:11
Zombie, M.D.
As far as darts go I like to play cricket alot. I bought a dart board and put it in my living room. Since I put it there about 6 months ago I've probably won about $300 from gambling with people who pass through. Best investment ever.
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
06.01.2009 - 02:36
Baz Anderson
Staff
Haha, yes! I have been watching the BDO tournament.. Simon Whitlock has always been one of my favourites as well - he did so well last year. But generally I don't really do "favourite" players.

I haven't played on my own board for a long long time now, but when I was in Kent a few weeks back I picked up some darts in a pub and threw quite nicely - so I am going to try and set my board back up here somewhere and practise again.

I'll gladly play you at the next Mithras show! Hahaha.
11.04.2009 - 06:56
Gigginova
Account deleted
I find it's better to play on weekends though, instead of after work......because of how you have to do so much math while playing.
28.04.2009 - 02:30
Gigginova
Account deleted
*BUMP*