Your Favorite Jack Black Movie?

School Of Rock
Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny
Others (which one?)

Total votes: 27
31.01.2010 - 18:34
JD
Account deleted
I always enjoyed Jack Black, Adam Sandler & Jason Lee movies, those guys are brilliant, so this poll about "Jack Black" movies i choose this 2 movies becouse it's all about music and rock,metal & stuff.. my favorite is "Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny" plus the album soundtrack blow my mind!! School Of Rock comes in the second place...
31.01.2010 - 18:47
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Tenacious D was good, but School of Rock imo was better and funnier..
31.01.2010 - 19:40
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
School of Rock was not just his best movie, it is also one of the most enjoyable movies I've ever seen.
31.01.2010 - 20:34
Mikyz

School of Rock and Tenacious D are my fave but I prefer School of Rock I enjoyed it more and the concept is nice, teaching kids about good music from a young age
----
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
31.01.2010 - 20:42
soadbyob
Account deleted
Tenacious D all the way!
23.02.2010 - 23:53
whatsacow

He's not the main character, but he was awesome in high fidelity
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
24.02.2010 - 03:25
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Other. Like whats_a_cow said High Fidelity. It is his best by far,
Even though I really like Tenacious D sketches The Pick Of Destiny was total and utter dire crap and School Of Rock was fun but a Disney kids movie about nerdy children with a totally unbelievable Black character. Who in their fucking right mind would stall his vinyl records right necxt to the central heating?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.02.2010 - 08:12
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Quite few options in the poll...he really make many other good (and as well some bad) movies

voted for Tenacious D though...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

24.02.2010 - 18:05
nehrodwarf

I've watch two movies of him: school of rock, and other that I don't remember.

He's a fuckin' good actor, he's awsome.

among these options I pick school of rock. never I laugh too much
----
In this life you can choose what kind of ave to be: a chicken or a phoexix. I choosen be a phoenix, cuz' I'm rebirthing from ashes

Ps: my website it's: http://gcasweb.orgfree.com
24.02.2010 - 18:59
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
He's an excellent actor, every movie with his participation has at least a very good moment.

But his movies never sticked in my mind to remember. Its hard to think in his best works from the top of my mind (except School of Rock and Tenacious D, that explain the lack of options in the pool ). And these two movies are not a big deal to me.

Well.. he had a good performance dubbing Kung-fu Panda
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
25.02.2010 - 00:19
TheOwl

School Of Rock for me! The other 2 as well as High Fidelity which was mentioned above are also great films....
08.03.2010 - 11:54
Hylia

It was a close call between school of rock and the pick of desitny, but I choose the pick of destiny. There are a lot more memorable scenes and lines
13.03.2010 - 23:57
Miro

Other.Tenacious D and School of Rock were both pretty good movies but I decided to go with Saving Silverman.Really funny movie.
15.03.2010 - 05:23
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I loved Jack Black in movies like Bongwater, Shallow Hal, Nacho Libre, King Kong...I found that he acted better in those movies than Pick Of Destiny or School Of Rock...
20.07.2010 - 20:27
vezzy
Stallmanite
Definitely School of Rock.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
20.07.2010 - 21:56
Hrothdane

School of Rock. I had so much fun watching it.
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
20.07.2010 - 22:02
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
The Pick of Destiny was a very flimsy film, it didn't have much going for it but School of Rock, despite being a bit of a Sister Act rip-off, is simply an excellent film, and I agree one of the most enjoyable I've seen.
21.07.2010 - 02:20
Edmund Fogg

Nacho Libre.

Not only is acting was better but the visuals in that movies are beautifull
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
22.07.2010 - 14:52
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
What does "Jack Black movie" mean exactly? If it's every film he's ever acted in, then I'd go with King Kong. If it's films he starred, then School of Rock takes the cake.
22.07.2010 - 15:51
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 22.07.2010 at 14:52

King Kong

King Kong is not a particularly good film. It's unnecessarily long with silly ott action sequences and monster. An overblown creature feature with a few attempts at drama haphazardly spliced in. Should have been more.
22.07.2010 - 17:43
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 22.07.2010 at 15:51

King Kong

King Kong is not a particularly good film. It's unnecessarily long with silly ott action sequences and monster. An overblown creature feature with a few attempts at drama haphazardly spliced in. Should have been more.

It is too long. Applying the Jaws rule (don't show the monster until an hour+ into the story) builds anticipation, but if the cast isn't able to carry the film to the point where we see Kong and still keep it interesting, then it becomes annoying. Black, Brody and a few others weren't very good for their roles, which made the scenes on the boat hard to watch. However, I would disagree about the action sequences, I loved them. Watching Kong defend Anne from the T-rex was some of the most exiting time I have ever had in the cinema. I also liked that Anne cared about Kong in the new version, because it made the ape's attraction toward her less creepy, a little bit. The ice-skating scene was too much though.

It appears that when Jackson is given too much money and too much freedom, he looses some of his directorial abilites and becomes something of a kid, more interested in seeing neat things on screen then making a good film. I hope to god he doesn't go Lucas on The Hobbit.
23.07.2010 - 02:17
JD
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 22.07.2010 at 17:43

Written by Guest on 22.07.2010 at 15:51

King Kong

It is too long. Applying the Jaws rule (don't show the monster until an hour+ into the story) builds anticipation, but if the cast isn't able to carry the film to the point where we see Kong and still keep it interesting, then it becomes annoying. Black, Brody and a few others weren't very good for their roles, which made the scenes on the boat hard to watch. However, I would disagree about the action sequences, I loved them. Watching Kong defend Anne from the T-rex was some of the most exiting time I have ever had in the cinema. I also liked that Anne cared about Kong in the new version, because it made the ape's attraction toward her less creepy, a little bit. The ice-skating scene was too much though.

It appears that when Jackson is given too much money and too much freedom, he looses some of his directorial abilites and becomes something of a kid, more interested in seeing neat things on screen then making a good film. I hope to god he doesn't go Lucas on The Hobbit.

oh god, King Kong is so borriiiiiiiiiiiing although i liked the T-rex part but still boriiiiiiiiiiiiing, oh holly shitin fuck i just don't wanna remember this movie
23.07.2010 - 02:22
JD
Account deleted

What does "Jack Black movie" mean exactly? If it's every film he's ever acted in, then I'd go with King Kong. If it's films he starred, then School of Rock takes the cake.

yeah acted in
26.08.2010 - 21:24
Malphas

Jack Black is awesome...hilarious (in a good way xD) all of his movies are great, i liked Nacho Libre and ofc his video game (actually a metal video game since Lemmy of Motorhead and Ozzy appear in it too) Brutal Legend is awesome too
----
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
26.08.2010 - 21:36
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath

This is just awesome !
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832