Metal Storm logo
Kamelot

17.05.2006 - 15:38
arnibes
Account deleted
The Power Metallers from the USA.

Underwhile pretty known. And there're plans for making a new album.
That news was written partly in the latest newsletter. Which was posted in the old Forum I thought.

Continue please. That will make me happy.
17.05.2006 - 20:34
Samhain
Account deleted
IMO...one of the the best metal bands of all time, Khan's voice is one of the best in metal (even Mark's vox were good) You can listen to every album straight thru and not be let down by any of the songs
17.05.2006 - 22:12
Lost One
Account deleted
July 2nd in Plato, Helmond..
I wanna go!
17.05.2006 - 22:21
Etaín

Heh, you wouldnt even have known if i hadnt told you

Still dont think its fair. Two shows in the Netherlands, but none in Belgium. How dare they! Guess i'll just have to keep hoping they'll come back next year
17.05.2006 - 22:23
Lost One
Account deleted
Or you just cross the border for a change..
I mean, we don't bite or anything!
We're just a bunch of cheap, stuck-up elitists!
17.05.2006 - 22:27
Etaín

Hmm probably But thats just gonna cause problems with the parents. Where they played last time was only 5min away from home by car And im not sure i'll be able to convince any of my friends to come with me if i was allowed.

I'll just wait. Luckily there's gonna be a dvd soon to keep me occupied until they come back
17.05.2006 - 23:14
Susan
Smeghead
One of my top favourite metal bands! Actually, they were among my first favourites. Their Epica album was among the first in my collection. The Fourth Legacy is now my favourite but each release contains some of my favourite songs. We started a poll in the arena for best album and I already wrote more about it there:

http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php'sopic_id=247
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
17.05.2006 - 23:41
Horlequism
Account deleted
I was kinda dissapointed when I saw them live...they were packed into a tiny place and there wasn't much atmopshere for the band...it was pretty sloppy and the sound sucked...it's too bad that they can't put enough funds into their live performances at least that's what I felt...the band is amazing themselves on every recording and it's surprising how Black Halo was able to mix so many elements together...the loud and soft technique is well balanced on that album...
18.05.2006 - 05:12
FlareHeart

These guys are one of my tops favorites and I thoroughly enjoy their Epica and The Black Halo albums as they have the most songs on them that I like, although there are a lot of other songs of theirs that I like, it's just that those two have the most. These guys are rather good and have quite an interesting sound to them. I am very impressed, I hope that they continue to prosper.
----
~That which yields is not always weak.~
18.05.2006 - 22:40
GT
Coffee!!
This band is also one of my favorites. I especially like the voice of the vocalist (doh...who else!?!). My favorite tracks must be Farewell and Center Of The Universe
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
19.05.2006 - 04:16
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Kamelot are one of the best power metal bands ever for me! They are simply great! When I heard "Epica", I thought it was impossible to make a better album... and then they release "Black Halo"... I was so surprised with the album! I've read somewhere that they will release a live DVD, and they took about 2 years to prepare this (correct me if I'm wrong) I can't wait to get my hands on it!!!

Keep up the exelent work!
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
19.05.2006 - 04:27
rebel4life
Account deleted
this band is amazing
epica is awesome
19.05.2006 - 05:01
Amrott

Epica and The Black Halo, two of the best power metal albums ever!!

eagerly awaiting the release of the DVD \m/
05.06.2006 - 14:53
Shojo
Account deleted
"Epica" by kamelot was one of the first Power Metal albums I listened to. These guys' sound is that great, I think they will stay my favourite band forever. I'm already looking forward for the DVD and their next album!
05.06.2006 - 19:11
northern light
Account deleted
Their music is really good, currently I'm addicted to the song the haunting. I just can't believe I've not yet bought The Black Halo...
They quite good live as well
06.06.2006 - 03:47
MetalSpider

Definitely a favourite band of mine. I think their last 4 albums has their best work. Cant wait for the new album.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
06.06.2006 - 07:32
Horlequism
Account deleted
I so can't wait for their next album to come out and to see them this fall!
30.07.2006 - 20:56
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I just discovered this band 2 days ago and I must say that this is a really excellent band, their style, their lyrics, just awesome.
Among the songs I know, my favorite ones are "The Edge Of Paradise" and "Center Of The Universe"
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
30.07.2006 - 21:39
Remus

Yup, me loves dis band too! it puzzles me though-why are they called 'metal'? Yeah, they got palm muted guitar riffs and some double-bass here and there but the singing and general "commercial feel" about them should put them in the Rock category? Well, it doesn't matter, i dislike categorising anyway! Just got the haunting video, pretty good but they cut out the solo and other parts of the song. Does anyone know who the brunette chick in the video is?

Go Kamelot \m/
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
31.07.2006 - 01:28
LeDruide

Written by Remus on 30.07.2006 at 21:39

Yup, me loves dis band too! it puzzles me though-why are they called 'metal'? Yeah, they got palm muted guitar riffs and some double-bass here and there but the singing and general "commercial feel" about them should put them in the Rock category? Well, it doesn't matter, i dislike categorising anyway! Just got the haunting video, pretty good but they cut out the solo and other parts of the song. Does anyone know who the brunette chick in the video is?

Go Kamelot \m/

why are they called 'metal'?
Well, maybe because they are metal, prog/power metal btw
I wanted to ask you something : have you really heard their stuff or just The Haunted ? Get Karma and listen to it ; if you think, they're commercial, get new ears. Epica and The Black Halo are not the same as Karma, but they're great anyway and not commercial. If you like videos, get the March of Mephisto and listen to the all album. Maybe you'll understand.
Sorry for being rough, but what you wrote seemed madness to me.
Btw, the "brunette chick" on the The Haunting video is one of the best female voice ever : Simone Simons from Epica. And she's not a brunette but a red-head

Edit : forget about the last part, I was wrong
31.07.2006 - 02:18
Susan
Smeghead
Written by LeDruide on 31.07.2006 at 01:28

Btw, the "brunette chick" on the The Haunting video is one of the best female voice ever : Simone Simons from Epica. And she's not a brunette but a red-head

I've only seen the video once but weren't there TWO women in it? Simone, the red-head, and another woman who represented Helena? I believe she had dark hair. Maybe it was just Simone in a wig or maybe I'm remember it completely wrong!
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
31.07.2006 - 02:22
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
I don't like the first albums, just a few songs. After 4th legacy the things were more powerful.

My favorite discs (in order):

1. 4th legacy
2. Epica
3. Karma
4. Black halo
the others are good, but i choose these ones because they really reflect the kamelot of today.
31.07.2006 - 04:07
Susan
Smeghead
Written by Vinnie R. on 31.07.2006 at 02:22

I don't like the first albums, just a few songs. After 4th legacy the things were more powerful.

My favorite discs (in order):

1. 4th legacy
2. Epica
3. Karma
4. Black halo
the others are good, but i choose these ones because they really reflect the kamelot of today.

Cool, I rate the albums in exactly the same order!! It's rare to find someone else who adores The Fourth Legacy over the rest Most old-school fans prefer Karma and most new fans prefer Epica or TBH. It makes me happy to see someone else who enjoys The Fourth Legacy so much
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
31.07.2006 - 04:13
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
i think is because 4th legacy have the most beautiful ballads (Glory, sailorman's hymn) and the most powerful songs (until kindom come, 4th legacy), is the album that brings kamelot to the top! and is nice know that someone loves that album as much i do, even my friends loves epica more than karma! hehe
31.07.2006 - 04:21
DarkMistress

Epica is way so awesome, it´s my fave album by this band, but Karma and the 4th legacy are nice and impressive too
----
Wait in fire
31.07.2006 - 11:45
LeDruide

Written by Susan on 31.07.2006 at 02:18

Written by LeDruide on 31.07.2006 at 01:28

I've only seen the video once but weren't there TWO women in it? Simone, the red-head, and another woman who represented Helena? I believe she had dark hair. Maybe it was just Simone in a wig or maybe I'm remember it completely wrong!

No, no, you're right, I'm the one that was wrong. It was late, I didin't check the video one more time and didn't remember there were two women.
We have Marguerite : Simone Simons (Epica) and Helena : Mari (Masqueraid). But she's not a "brunette chick", she's a singer and Helena's voice on "Memento Mori" and "Abandoned".
So, Remus, you have your answer (sorry for what I said in my previous post concerning the video). Check out http://www.kamelot.com/th_videodetails_en_mephisto.htm , http://www.kamelot.com/journalsphotos_en_mephisto.htm , http://www.kamelot.com/livephotos_helmond_en_mephisto.htm if you want to see both of them.
06.08.2006 - 10:08
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
I own Epica and the Black Halo and am thoroughly impressed with both releases. It seems to me that every album is better then the predecessor. For example Eternity was outclassed by Dominion and that in turn was out classed by Siege Perilous and well I think you know where im going. So we can assume the next album will be even better than The Black Halo, if that is even possible. Also I've grown up with Roy Khans voice sorta. I remember listening to him with Conception and I've always been a huge fan. He is one of the best singers of metal and if you disagree perhaps you should listen again. Kamelot is one of the best Power Progressive Metal bands out there as far as im concerned.
06.08.2006 - 22:45
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
They're coming through here again in November I think it is...I saw them last year...it's awesome that I get to see them again a year later...I can't wait for their new album...
13.08.2006 - 19:19
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Well, I'm rediscovering Kamelot. I had the albums, except Epica and TBH. now I'm rediscovering and they slam. Khan's voive is cool, not the best, but cool indeed. And the whole Fausto context in Epioca and TBH is great, they made a great interpretation and addaptation of the J.W. von Goethe Book, which is great as well.

Anotehr thing that is great in KAmelot is te videos. They don't fdo teh typical Pm band crapp videos with porr FX and even poorer acting. Both Kamlot videos, "Somewhere in time" and "March of Mephisto", are great. The locations of the first one are great and the FX is good, also, Simone Simmons looks gorgeous, as always In "March Of Mephisto" The fact that the video is in sephia makes it great, and the band and Shagrast in the rooftops are great. Also te city is digital, and it's great for the song, like an abbandoned, ghost town.

So it's not only the music, also complementing with aesome videos. Gotta keep an eye on them, they're one of the best PM nbands nowadays
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
13.08.2006 - 20:20
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I think the same: Kamelot isn't the typical power metal band, they have a particular style.
as for the videos, I haven't seen anyone yet, but acording to the music, they have to be really good.
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica