Metal Storm logo
Kamelot

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 17.05.2006 - 15:38
The Power Metallers from the USA.

Underwhile pretty known. And there're plans for making a new album.
That news was written partly in the latest newsletter. Which was posted in the old Forum I thought.

Continue please. That will make me happy.
26.09.2007 - 23:08
Imraghil
to bad i cant watch the special shows in the netherlands, see you next tour
01.10.2007 - 01:05
PowerMetal
Account deleted
While I know Power Metal is more popular in Europe, I'd love if Kamelot would tour the U.S. a little more, the closest they got to my city is 6 hour car drive away in Chicago, and that was on a Monday night, so no way of getting up there over a weekend and back for work.
03.10.2007 - 21:57
Steel Lord
Account deleted
I hate that bands I love skip Ireland when they tour Europe. I mean, if you can go to England and Scotland you can come over to Ireland.

DAMN YOU KAMELOT I WANT TO SEE YOU LIVE
03.10.2007 - 22:29
Amrott
when did these guys come to Scotland?
24.10.2007 - 10:53
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
elite
All Metal Music recently conducted an interview with Roy Kahn. You can listen to the 19-minute chat in two parts at this location (or by clicking on the following links to a direct acces to each part: part1 and part2).
24.10.2007 - 11:08
Fuath
im a huge fan of kamelot, very unique, love wings of despair!!!!!!
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

14.01.2009 - 22:39
MeloDeathViking
Kamelot is one of my favorite bands with two of my alltime favorite albums: Epica and Black Halo. 3 Ways to Epica is such an incredible song. I love how they bring in the melody from Farewell.
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
15.01.2009 - 09:14
Eeric
Account deleted
Karma is their best album, epica is also very great album, but didn't like black halo and ghost opera
21.01.2009 - 02:25
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Guest on 15.01.2009 at 09:14

didn't like black halo and ghost opera

why, if I may ask?
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
21.01.2009 - 08:46
Eeric
Account deleted
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 21.01.2009 at 02:25

why, if I may ask?

dunno man, somehow those just didn't work. Can't explain, but maybe those weren't so straigh-forward-power anymore.:-|
21.01.2009 - 18:56
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Guest on 21.01.2009 at 08:46

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 21.01.2009 at 02:25

why, if I may ask?

dunno man, somehow those just didn't work. Can't explain, but maybe those weren't so straigh-forward-power anymore.:-|

They sound a little proggy, IMO. But that's what makes them special...
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

22.02.2009 - 00:44
kabaL
They were my first metal band...

I love The black halo and Epica, amazings albums...

And Memento mori is my fav song...
22.02.2009 - 01:23
Zelse
Each album just gets better and better; I think Ghost Opera is the best of the best so far... Blucher, Ghost Opera, The Human Stain, and of course Edenecho... what a goddamn amazing album.
23.02.2009 - 00:28
celine067
Account deleted
My boyfriend got my hocked onto Kamelot and if I would not love him already I would have to love him for that

We both can't wait till End of March to see them live again. The concert in Essen last year was our first concert together.. So it is a kind of revival for us.

Looking forward in seeing you all in Cologne

BTW Anthem, Rule the world, Karma and edge of paradise are my favorites'
25.02.2009 - 12:02
birdclaw
Account deleted
Hi there, I love Kamelot. I would also like to invite you to hear Infinity Overture on www.myspace.com/welcometoinfinity
I hope that if you like Kamelot you will also like Infinity Overture
All the best
13.03.2009 - 18:30
MeloDeathViking
Has anyone heard anything abou the new album they're planning? All I know is that they've started recording.
----
14.03.2009 - 14:42
GT
Coffee!!
staff
@Melo: I didn't even knew that much, but sounds cool
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
14.03.2009 - 19:22
Zelse
Yea, I didn't even know they were recording. Can't wait for info, though. They've gotten better with every album, but I can't imagine the next being better than Ghost Opera... can't wait to see though!
16.03.2009 - 16:25
MeloDeathViking
If you go to this link there are video updates about recording along with some other random video blogs.

http://www.royalartistclub.com/kamelot/
----
16.03.2009 - 20:35
GT
Coffee!!
staff
@Zelse: In my opinion they already did the thing better than Ghost Opera, namely The Black Halo. That album is way better than GO.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
18.03.2009 - 02:44
ToMegaTherion
Kamelot are awesome. Although I haven't been quite as into them lately as I have been in previous years. The Black Halo and Epica are my two favorite albums. I think these are the pinnacle of Kamelot's career to date. In saying that most of their albums are very very good. Karma and the Fourth Legacy were brilliant.
18.03.2009 - 06:33
Zelse
I was watching One Cold Winter's Night (again) the other night and still enjoy the hell out of it. A bit dark, but it fits the music. Brilliant camerawork, amazing quality. Too bad Khan really can't hit high notes too well - just looking at his face whenever he's singing, I'm always afraid he's going to have a stroke or something. Nights of Arabia is still amazing if you ignore that, haha.
18.03.2009 - 07:12
Hrothdane
Written by Zelse on 18.03.2009 at 06:33

I was watching One Cold Winter's Night (again) the other night and still enjoy the hell out of it. A bit dark, but it fits the music. Brilliant camerawork, amazing quality. Too bad Khan really can't hit high notes too well - just looking at his face whenever he's singing, I'm always afraid he's going to have a stroke or something. Nights of Arabia is still amazing if you ignore that, haha.

When I saw them live in October he didn't seem to be having any trouble. The acoustics weren't that great at the venue, so I might be wrong lol. It actually seemed like he was experimenting with some more "extreme" vocals on some of the songs
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
21.03.2009 - 05:48
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by MeloDeathViking on 16.03.2009 at 16:25

If you go to this link there are video updates about recording along with some other random video blogs.

http://www.royalartistclub.com/kamelot/

So far it's been pretty random if you askme... merely some lodge takes, the amp...
Still, it's a nice way to let us know hwat they're doing... musically I mean.
----

11.05.2009 - 22:34
Land Of Doom
Very Wonderful Power Band

I like it very much

They Have Amazing Drumer
----
We Only Fear What Comes
And Smell Death Every Day
Search For The Answers That Lie Beyond
16.05.2009 - 12:27
Italics
Video for "Love You to Death" is now up on their official site...
----
But I Justify My Desire to No One
16.05.2009 - 18:52
Zelse
Great video, as always. The quality and theatrics of their videos, especially for this album, have been outstanding.
16.05.2009 - 22:57
Italics
Seemed like "Ghost Opera" was a much much slower/mid-paced album than any of their past releases, i wonder if the new album will continue in this direction, stay the same, or get faster/heavier.
----
But I Justify My Desire to No One
16.05.2009 - 23:30
Zelse
I actually hope it continues in the vein of Ghost Opera. That album is a classic album, nevermind the genre, it's just a goddamn epic album.
18.05.2009 - 05:52
Ag Fox
Angel No More
elite
Absolutely. Wonder if they could get a bit darker as well like Ghost Opera
----
loves 小巫