Metal Storm logo
Voting for members

Original post

Posted by Roro, 02.02.2010 - 15:00
Why not we make votes for members? for example, we vote for the active members and the winners take some sort of title or an icon or even get some rights in forum. on other hand, we do votes for the noisy members or members with bad behavior to ban them or just giving them suck title stick to them for always lol .. and for those who didn't even active his account, we do vote for eliminate or give them the title "R.I.P"
we can make this annually
28.07.2010 - 03:14
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Javier_000 on 24.07.2010 at 07:02

Several years ago we had the comments on pictures and also a rating and fav to it.
Also, we already had some 'rating' for members wich represented into points wich were avaible to give from a member to another.

Now this two features have been removed. And i am guessing the member points were replaced for those community points.

I had over 41 points in my old account

It would be good to see the regular points back but i guess there comes a problem when users start giving points without control. This can be solved by a single validation but who knows...

Yep, the return of the members gallery gets proposed every once in a while. We removed it for a reason - and the reason was that it was too much of a testosterone-fuelled dickfest with lame comments thrown all around. That's why it is not going to come back. There are many sites where you can do exactly that.

If by member points you mean '+1' for good comments, or 'karma' as it's called on some other forums, basically the same thing. Pointless popularity contests which don't do the site any good.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
28.07.2010 - 11:31
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Guest on 24.07.2010 at 22:23

I remember when people could rate and comment on other's pictures, some pretty dickish comments got thrown around. The site did feel a bit like hotornot.com and general rating communities to be honest.

I remember all the interesting profound people on here and if you approve of someone's post why can't you just comment saying you do?

Well, thankfully that had been removed by the time I got here. But Ive seen, if not that exact thing, something similar on other metal forums. Some women would continuously post pics for guys just to get their ego stroked, and of course, there was no shortage of men willing to do that. I also remember one incident where a woman posted a pic, and recieved some really nasty, childish comments about her being "ugly". And ''hot women thread'', ugly women thread'', and that type of nonsense. I think that sort of thing definitely shouldnt be on a forum like this.

This is a metal site first and foremost, and being able to rate people's pics and rating people in some "popularity contest" would just seem completely out of place on a forum like this one. If people want that kind of thing, there's plenty of other sites that will cater for it. But this isnt the place for it, and Im definitely glad Metal Storm is free of that kind of crap.
28.07.2010 - 16:36
Javier_000

Written by Lucas on 28.07.2010 at 03:14

Written by Javier_000 on 24.07.2010 at 07:02

Several years ago we had the comments on pictures and also a rating and fav to it.
Also, we already had some 'rating' for members wich represented into points wich were avaible to give from a member to another.

Now this two features have been removed. And i am guessing the member points were replaced for those community points.

I had over 41 points in my old account

It would be good to see the regular points back but i guess there comes a problem when users start giving points without control. This can be solved by a single validation but who knows...

Yep, the return of the members gallery gets proposed every once in a while. We removed it for a reason - and the reason was that it was too much of a testosterone-fuelled dickfest with lame comments thrown all around. That's why it is not going to come back. There are many sites where you can do exactly that.

If by member points you mean '+1' for good comments, or 'karma' as it's called on some other forums, basically the same thing. Pointless popularity contests which don't do the site any good.

Actually i never considered 'popularity' as it, as the +1 don't actually mean only it but the credibility and senseness of a member.
----
i freaks my draulics phuckin' hoes in college... beetches swinging on my nuts is so stylish...
28.07.2010 - 17:13
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Javier_000 on 28.07.2010 at 16:36

Actually i never considered 'popularity' as it, as the +1 don't actually mean only it but the credibility and senseness of a member.

You're right, in theory. But in practice, it is a popularity contest and nothing else. Maybe a select few users can deal with it, but the masses? No.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
28.07.2010 - 18:37
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Lucas on 28.07.2010 at 17:13
You're right, in theory. But in practice, it is a popularity contest and nothing else. Maybe a select few users can deal with it, but the masses? No.

Exactly. A rating system for good posting is a good idea in principle, but it would definitely be abused.
29.07.2010 - 05:25
Javier_000

Written by Lucas on 28.07.2010 at 17:13

Written by Javier_000 on 28.07.2010 at 16:36

oh, good point
----
i freaks my draulics phuckin' hoes in college... beetches swinging on my nuts is so stylish...