Metal Storm logo
Mortal Sin - Part Ways With Guitarist, In Writing Process

Australian metallers Mortal Sin have issued the following update on their MySpace blog:

"Sorry I have not been on here in a while, it's been a busy couple of months since we got back from our South American tour, which was very satisfying but incredibly hard. Many thanks to all the metalheads who came to our shows, you made us feel very welcome and supported our music way more than we could have ever imagined. Thank you. To all the organisers, promoters and townfolk, we really appreciate all the work you put into making the tour a success for Mortal Sin. We certainly hope we can make our way back to your beautiful countries again sometime soon!

2010 arrived and Mortal Sin decided it was about fucking time we got our arses into gear and started writing some songs for a new album. We are notoriously slow writers, but many of you who may have heard the new song "Deny" that we have been road testing at our shows, will agree that we could be onto something special here. Like many thrash bands we feel strongly about our thrash roots and want to create an album of pure thrash. If we could combine Kreator's Hordes Of Chaos, Testament's Formation Of The Damnation and Overkill's newie Ironbound into a huge melting pot, that would be the kind of album we wanna make!

Unfortunately though our great friend and Maestro guitarist Mick Sultana has decided to call it a day, citing personal reasons for his decision to leave the band. We love you like a brother Mick and we've had some awesome shows with you, we wish you the best for whatever you choose to do. Your songs will be in the heads of our fans for a long long time to come. Fucking legend!

On the home front, my brother had a successful kidney transplant the day we left Australia for our South American tour. He is feeling great and less than three months after the operation is back at work. Fucking legend!

Not so good news is today I found out my nephew took his own life yesterday. Tragic, very tragic loss of a 22yr olds life! RIP Keiran! Hopefully all the pain is now left behind.

Seeya,
Mat."

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Mortal Sin
Posted: 03.02.2010 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 40 users
03.02.2010 - 20:48
Jan

I enjoyed "An Absence of Faith" a lot - looking forward to see what they come up with this time. Sounds like they are aiming for a little bit harder sound...
03.02.2010 - 20:51
Syk
myspace/bonerama
"Pure thrash" such as latest "Kreator" and "Testament"? Lame...

Mortal's last album seemed even less thrashy than the aforementioned, yet quite catchy and I do find myself happily humming some of it every so often... not half as often as "I Am Immortal" of course which is a classic. Be nice to get some more of that calibre

Sad news about the nephew... don't kill yourself, kids, it can always get better... unless if you're dead. After that point in time it's pretty fuckin' difficult for any progress to be made...
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays

Hits total: 2309 | This month: 5