Metal Storm logo
Triptykon - New Album Cover Art Revealed

Official press release

Eparistera Daimones, the forthcoming debut album by Triptykon, the group founded by former Hellhammer/Celtic Frost singer and guitarist Tom Gabriel Warrior, is not only musically a leviathan. Remarkably, the album will also feature the epic artwork by renowned Swiss artist H.R. Giger and New York-based surrealist Vincent Castiglia.

In an exceptionally rare gesture, HR Giger has granted Triptykon the use of his dramatic painting "Vlad Tepes" (work no. 412, 200 x 140 cm, acrylic on paper on wood, 1978). It is the artist's first authorized appearance on an album cover in 17 years, and the second time he collaborates with Warrior (following Celtic Frost's To Mega Therion album in 1985).

Vincent Castiglia contributes "Triptykon", a specially created portrait of the members of the group, painted in the artist's own blood (86 x 86 cm, blood/iron oxide on archival paper, 2009). As Castiglia aptly put it, the amalgamation of works by HR Giger, Vincent Castiglia, and Triptykon on Eparistera Daimones forms a creative triptych in itself.

HR Giger: "I am very proud to work with Triptykon. My art hasn't appeared on an album cover for quite some time, and I feel honored to have been approached by Tom about such a collaboration for Triptykon's very first release."

Vincent Castiglia: "It's been a tremendous honor to work with both Triptykon and HR Giger on the forthcoming release of, Eparistera Daimones. It was a project of enormous depth for me, conceptually as well as visually. I think the resonance between Triptykon's music, Giger's art, and my work is extremely powerful, and it coalesces in quite an amazing, and singular way."

Tom Gabriel Warrior: "We feel deeply privileged to be able to adorn our very first album with the work of two artists we respect enormously. To us, their astonishing contributions convey significant symbolism both with respect to our personal frame of mind as well as for this particular album and its history.

It is an immense pleasure to be able to work with HR Giger again. He was one of our most significant mentors during the days of Hellhammer and early Celtic Frost, and he is an extraordinary human being and an artist without equal.

Vincent Castiglia has become a close friend in recent years, and we both sensed that the time had come to create something truly unique together. I am infinitely grateful that he has lent us his incredible talent, not least because I know he incorporates as much passion, darkness, and pain into his work as I do, too."

Triptykon Eparistera Daimones Mediabook CD Cover.

Triptykon Eparistera Daimones Double LP Cover.

Eparistera Daimones will also feature detailed credits, full lyrics and extensive liner notes to all songs and will be released via Century Media Records under exclusive license from Prowling Death Records Ltd. on March 22nd, 2010 (Europe) and March 23rd, 2010 (North America).

Two songs from Eparistera Daimones can already be heard at the band's official MySpace profile.

Source: centurymedia.com
Posted: 04.02.2010 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 72 users
04.02.2010 - 23:24
JÄY
Metal slave
Damn....look carefully at that cover....very sexual
04.02.2010 - 23:31
seafood
Written by JÄY on 04.02.2010 at 23:24

Damn....look carefully at that cover....very sexual

Lol, really ... but I may not even notice if I werent looking for that
05.02.2010 - 03:20
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
That cover is fucking JACKED. this sounds like a gnarly album, cant wait.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
06.02.2010 - 00:46
Symmachus
Yeah, I do agree that the album artwork is jacked. There is a lot of stuff going on on there.
07.02.2010 - 04:25
treptolemus
aphotic_zoning
Ι understand Eparistera daimones as "from the left, demons" plainly...
Also triptykon as threefold? whatever
Generally speaking in the book-stuff the "left" is consider wicked.
I wonder the source of their inspiration (considering also the cover image!)

If anyone's interested
----
\m/etalstor\m/

Hits total: 7318 | This month: 4