Metal Storm logo
The Killswitch Engage thread!

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 17.05.2006 - 15:58
Okey, i made one a thread identical to this one, before all of them dissapeared.
uhm, i think we were discussing the band and something about some of their lyrics beeing christian or something.

So, lets talk Killswitch Engage
18.10.2007 - 09:34
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
elite
Finland's Get in the Pit TV conducted an interview with bassist Mike D'Antonio and guitarist Joel Stroetzel on October 16, 2007 before the band's gig at Cable Factory in Helsinki, Finland. You can watch the 10-minute video this location.
24.11.2007 - 23:38
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
elite
Headbanger's Blog conducted a humorous and insightful podcast interview with guitarist Adam Dutkiewicz. During the interview, Adam talked about the laxative effects of coffee; the back problems that threaten his career on an almost daily basis.....
You can click here for an MP3 download of the podcast.

EDIT 05.12.07:

Cara Carriveau of the Chicago Music Guide recently conducted an interview with Howard Jones. You can download the five-minute chat as an MP3 audio file at this location.
14.01.2008 - 02:17
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
elite
Well, I am totally pumped to see Killswitch a week from tomorrow. Their playing in our city, I think for the first time. It will be interesting to see how many people are there, since this is a big area for jam bands, indie rock, hip hop and of cource blue grass, but not hard rock.
----
(space for rent)
18.01.2008 - 15:46
Warman
Erotic Stains
I'll probably seen them live this summer. I've heard that they're fun that way.
----
18.01.2008 - 17:28
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
elite
Written by Warman on 18.01.2008 at 15:46

Oh yeah, they are so much fun in concert. Think of them as the Def Lepard of modern Metal. While all the other Metalcore, New Wave Thrash, Death and Nu Metal bands are singing about anger and violence, Killswitch are singing (or screaming) love songs. Plus Adam D. is one funny guy. He'll run around on stage in short-shorts, wearing a cape and screaming mindless statements into the microphone and making fun f Howard.
----
(space for rent)
14.02.2008 - 13:23
Elodie Artour
Slania
I've heard a song of them but I don't like their direction,neither their vocals.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
19.02.2008 - 16:54
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Dane Train on 18.01.2008 at 17:28

Written by Warman on 18.01.2008 at 15:46

Oh yeah, they are so much fun in concert. Think of them as the Def Lepard of modern Metal. While all the other Metalcore, New Wave Thrash, Death and Nu Metal bands are singing about anger and violence, Killswitch are singing (or screaming) love songs. Plus Adam D. is one funny guy. He'll run around on stage in short-shorts, wearing a cape and screaming mindless statements into the microphone and making fun f Howard.

That would be right for their first two albums, but I wouldn't talk now of Killswitch Engage as a Metal band, as they had moved into a straight screamo direction, in which love songs abound.
20.02.2008 - 00:06
Stigmatized
I mentioned something about this earlier, but Howard is one the most god-awful singers I've ever heard. He's horrible on CD and hearing him live is nothing short of atrocious.
20.02.2008 - 12:49
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Stigmatized on 20.02.2008 at 00:06

I mentioned something about this earlier, but Howard is one the most god-awful singers I've ever heard. He's horrible on CD and hearing him is nothing short of atrocious.

I agree - he's horribly off key at times. I prefer their previous vocalist (Jesse?), even though he wasn't that great of a singer either.
20.02.2008 - 15:51
Stigmatized
Written by Dangerboner on 20.02.2008 at 12:49

Written by Stigmatized on 20.02.2008 at 00:06

I mentioned something about this earlier, but Howard is one the most god-awful singers I've ever heard. He's horrible on CD and hearing him is nothing short of atrocious.

I agree - he's horribly off key at times. I prefer their previous vocalist (Jesse?), even though he wasn't that great of a singer either.

Glad someone agrees. It seems like everyone prefers Howard.
02.07.2009 - 08:57
Eeric
Account deleted
Damn, my brother introduced me this band, and god I like it. Their riffs are superb and their vocalist screams like beast . Only thing what sucks in them is their somekind fetish to slow every song's tempo down and spoil the rockin' feeling what they have. It's ok to slow down tempo and action sometimes, but when they do it in every song, that's annoying, otherwise great band
07.08.2009 - 16:20
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
contributor
How you all like the new album? I only listened to it a few times so far but from what can tell it's heavy as hell but not as good as "Daylight Dies"
----
rekt
09.09.2009 - 09:02
Eeric
Account deleted
Can't compare to previous albums, 'cos I don't have them, but new album rocks like hell, especially Starting Over and This is Goodbye
26.12.2010 - 13:52
JD
Account deleted
Cool band, they sure have many good songs..