01. Constant Negative
02. Slave
03. Forgive Nothing
04. Mother Of Dog
05. Degenerate
06. Fight Fire With Fire [Metallica cover]
07. Convulsive Reocurrence
08. Open Sore Abuse

Constant Negative takes a while to digest. This is a psychopathic, dense EP of death metal crossed with grind. This is quite a technical piece where it would appear that song structures cease to exist in favour of some form of tamed chaos.

The joke-worthy band name aside, Morgue Supplier aren't about to be criticised about their musicianship. This is a band that has each element required to conjure some blood-splattering death metal, and have also managed to put together something equally as impressive as it is unfathomable.

Production is very good. Not overly clean, but clear enough to let each instrument stand out. The vocals and drums are prominent and the guitar sounds great, although a few "psycho"-like high notes out of the blue do get a little annoying. The Metallica cover once again shows the competency of the musicians as the song is turned into an almost Carcass-like, grinding blossoming of blast-beats.

Perhaps there is too much going on in this EP, but death metal shouldn't be this thick and difficult to digest. The band have shown great promise, but the main bulk of this short CD is almost schizophrenic in its direction and can be a little too much at times.

Morgue Supplier have however put out an impressive offering that will surely open doors in the future. Constant Negative is bottled chaos, but letting it all out at once may leave you a little perplexed.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 8
Production: 8

Written on 04.02.2010 by Member of Staff since 2006

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 41 users
06.02.2010 - 04:41
silenius

I totaly HATE the band-name, but im defenitly gonna check this out, sounds like extremely great chill.out while drunk music tbh.
07.02.2010 - 19:16
Carrion Misery

I listened to their myspace and its talented stuff, but I'm not that into death grind. If I were to write a review for Constant Negative, it'd be very similar to this one.
----
? Carrion Misery
www.mournspire.com | Two-Man Death Doom Project
Full album streaming

Hits total: 4236 | This month: 2