Metal Storm logo
Megadeth - Bassist David Ellefson Returns To Line-Up

Megadeth founder and frontman Dave Mustaine has announced the return of original bassist David Ellefson (1983-2002) to the iconic multi-platinum group. This reunion is appropriately timed to Megadeth's upcoming historic month-long Rust In Peace 20th anniversary tour which launches March 1 in Spokane, WA. At these incredibly special shows, Megadeth will play their landmark, genre-defining 1990 album Rust In Peace in its entirety, in addition to other Megadeth favorites.

"This shows the power of brotherly love and forgiveness," Mustaine says. "David Ellefson belongs in Megadeth. Next we are going to show you the power of getting your asses kicked...HARD!"

David Ellefson concurs: "This is a huge moment for all of us, band and fans alike. It is a great celebration of the music from one of the biggest landmark albums of our career."

Ellefson will join Mustaine and Megadeth band members Shawn Drover (drums) and Chris Broderick (guitar) on tour in support of the group's current CD Endgame, which has received some of the highest critical accolades of the band's career.

"We'd like to thank James LoMenzo for several years of loyal service on the bass, and wish him the very best," Mustaine adds.

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Megadeth
Posted: 09.02.2010 by Bad English

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 53   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 334 users
10.02.2010 - 01:56
Chainer
Witch Hunter Gen
Hell yes, I only wish it happened sooner so I could have seem him play back in Columbus.
----
Written by Dangerboner on 02.11.2009 at 08:11

Everything he doesn't like is metalcore. Britney Spears, Elton John, Michael Moore, and green beans are also metalcore, in case you guys didn't know.
10.02.2010 - 02:35
What the fuck have they done to James LoMenzo did they fire him ? I remember that he introduce chris to mustaine ...that's so annoying to hear that he left, anyway I've seen elefson live 3 months ago he's an awesome bassist .
10.02.2010 - 03:01
"We'd like to thank James LoMenzo for several years of loyal service on the bass, and wish him the very best," Mustaine adds.

^^^that's so rude, I dunno what happened to that poor guy, but that's too stupid to fire him.
Like If you were on a band told you "hey please we need you the bassist has just left he's a motherfucker plz we want you asap" then after concert " go to hell , he's back" ......that's "Mustaine Assholing"
10.02.2010 - 04:48
bloodwrage
Pagan Angel
Davie came back!
10.02.2010 - 05:48
SatyriconChick
So, Dave kicked out James LoMenzo??

But in any case, I'm very pleasantly shocked to learn that Junior is BAAAAAACK!!! That is AWESOME news!!!
10.02.2010 - 06:19
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
In regards to Ellefson vs. LoMenzo, just realize Mustaine likely views most of the current group as hired guns, whereas his connection to Ellefson goes back a long time. he likely views him more as a partner in crime.

seeing as this tour is basically the RIP 2010 tour, seems fitting to have Dave E back on bass if the personal conflicts could get pushed aside.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
10.02.2010 - 07:57
Shangri-la
For any question that one might have this should be insightful http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/dave-ellefson-exclusive-why-im-back-in-megadeth/
10.02.2010 - 12:48
João Pirucas
Mr. Piruson
Publicity stunt...? Even if they hate each other this will attract a lot of attention to the band.
10.02.2010 - 13:56
CHEF METALHEAD
KEEP IT METAL
Great news.... But "Megadeth" needs Marty Friedman back in the band......!!
----
Chef Metal Head
10.02.2010 - 17:59
SatyriconChick
Written by CHEF METALHEAD on 10.02.2010 at 13:56

I would love even more if Nick Menza were to rejoin them... But I don't see it happening.
10.02.2010 - 19:20
DrM
DreaMutilated

Well that wouldn't be too considerate to just kick Chris out wouldn't it!
I think that with all due respect to mister Friedman I think that Chris Broderick is not less of a guitar maestro than Marty, and as much flaming as I'm going to get from "True Megadeth Fanboys", I'm sure that the more grown up fans would agree with me that throwing people out just because they don't fit Mustaine's current mood is not only bad publicity, but would also show complete disregard and disrespect to the leaving member.
10.02.2010 - 20:02
Metal Maiden
Megadead
Written by DrM on 10.02.2010 at 19:20

Well that wouldn't be too considerate to just kick Chris out wouldn't it!
I think that with all due respect to mister Friedman I think that Chris Broderick is not less of a guitar maestro than Marty, and as much flaming as I'm going to get from "True Megadeth Fanboys", I'm sure that the more grown up fans would agree with me that throwing people out just because they don't fit Mustaine's current mood is not only bad publicity, but would also show complete disregard and disrespect to the leaving member.

Believe me, I AM a Megadeth fanboy, and still, I completely agree that Chris Broderick is just as good guitar player as Marty - I guess there was a time when I also thought Megadeth NEED Marty, but that was quite a while back now - I am more than convinced they do NOT need him anymore...Chris is a magnificent musician, and I sincerely hope he STAYS in the band permanently...The truth is, Megadeth has had NO bad line up...
And about Lomenzo leaving - if Ellefson's story in the interview above is correct, I guess Dave is not (too much ) to blame...Or at least that's what I'd like to believe, lol...
10.02.2010 - 20:17
Justice
Great news
I love david ellefson
I'm waiting for next record with him
11.02.2010 - 03:58
JunN_Vai
Friedman and Menza, PLEASE COME BAAAAAACK.....!!!! and make the "RUST IN PEACE, part II"... (if you can)
IMO, if the band lineup back to their GOLDEN ERA, it will recalls that memory. And of course in fans mind (just like me), MEMORY IS VERY EXPENSIVE...!!!!
And also, Friedman guitar style is different and has the unique sound. That's way.....
11.02.2010 - 06:53
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Well, Ellefson is a nice, really nice re-addition to Megadeth, his work with the band is memorable.
Still I don't think this will help the band to do another succesful album, the news talks by itself, a RIP 20th anniversary tour, they'll never do an "Endgame" 20th anniversary tour... let's wait for a new album.

Still this is a good news, indeed!
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
11.02.2010 - 10:55
Metalbound7
Wow i was wishing this so hard since he left the band, and now it just happens, great news, if Friedman do the same it would be a dream come true
12.02.2010 - 04:35
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer

He is too busy doing weird shit at Japan.
----
Christless
12.02.2010 - 14:46
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
That's great.
13.02.2010 - 10:38
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by LeChron James on 09.02.2010 at 13:05

MAN mustaine is a dick for promptly removing Lo Menzo from bass, but its damn good to have Ellefson back. it makes megadeth less egomaniacal.....sorta....

I was curious, did they just boot Lo Menzo like an old pair of socks or what?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
13.02.2010 - 21:13
Conemetal
Good news
----
MUCH I LEARNED FROM MY TEACHERS,
MORE FROM MY COLLEAGUES, BUT I HAVE LEARNED THE MOST FROM MY DISCIPLES
13.02.2010 - 23:26
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by BitterCOld on 10.02.2010 at 06:19

he likely views him more as a partner in crime....

Actually, Dave on more than one occasion has said that very thing about him, and vice versa.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
16.02.2010 - 02:17
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Doc G. on 13.02.2010 at 10:38

I was curious, did they just boot Lo Menzo like an old pair of socks or what?

i guess, it sorta sounds to me like what happened in Equilibrium recently. little to no explanation Lo Menzo leaving and Ellefsen rejoining. but knowing Mustaine he probably just sent Lo Menzo packing much in the fashion you're describing
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
16.02.2010 - 08:20
Shangri-la
For everyone who didn't read the article that I posted, James was leaving regardless.

Hits total: 5901 | This month: 9