Metal Storm logo
Sentenced and their years of death metal

03.08.2006 - 22:03
DLMokoma
Account deleted
As many of you probably know, Sentenced started as a death metal band and released couple albums of it, but then they changed they're style to something completely different (at least if you ask me). So this topic is made to discuss about the elder Sentenced. Give your thoughts people. Also, I'd like to point out that I like all the material Sentenced has ever released, but death metal just happens to sound better for me
03.08.2006 - 22:15
ylside
Staff
Excellent. Shadows of the Past is among my favorite Melodic Death metal album (if, as me, you count it this way) it was quite amazing at the time I guess. I've heard first couple songs from North From Here so I can't really tell my opinion about it, by the way how are the demos ?
04.08.2006 - 05:21
neGev
Account deleted
What ylside said really, I like Shadows Of The Past, but I haven't heard North From Here. Good band.
04.08.2006 - 06:38
Southern Wind
Account deleted
"Shadows Of The Past" is groundbreaking... when my Finnish godmother traveled to her country I asked her to buy it for me, and she did... it's an extremely rotten album, among the darkest shit... then I heard "North From Here" and found it boring in comparison.
04.08.2006 - 14:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I like old Sentenced and actualy Sentenced are only band who after style change play good, I liem bouth but death metal era, well I had only Single ''Trooper'' and
Actualy ''Shadows of the Past'' I think are oonly Sentemced death metal album, leither thay has soem doom metal influencies, not real death/doom, but something simmilar.
For me this album are diferent I dunno why its differnet, I think its poetical in lyrics, but still ETOS write poetical lyrics
''Amok'' Its I dont know but I had sad fielings whne I listen it and know what I will hera in next album.
For those who never had hear Sentenced in thsoe days try in home page dounloud video ''Nepenthe''
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.10.2006 - 19:04
LoneStarAssman87
Account deleted
I recently heard of this band and will probably be buying one of their albums shortly. I just wanted to ask you all which one you think I should get. I know that they had a drastic change in style, and melodeath is my favorite type of music. So if anyone can tell me which melodic death metal CD of theirs that I should get and why I should get it, I'd greatly appreciate it.
13.10.2006 - 16:09
DLMokoma
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 03.10.2006 at 19:04

I recently heard of this band and will probably be buying one of their albums shortly. I just wanted to ask you all which one you think I should get. I know that they had a drastic change in style, and melodeath is my favorite type of music. So if anyone can tell me which melodic death metal CD of theirs that I should get and why I should get it, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I have Shadows of the Past, and it's really fucking good. The other albums that are death metal, are North From Here and Amok. Everyone of these are great, but as a start, SotP would be good You can download some free stuff here http://www.sentenced.org/v3/main.html. Try the Nepenthe video for ex.!
13.10.2006 - 18:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 03.10.2006 at 19:04

You can try Sentenced ''The Trooper'' EP its Iron Maiden cover and its death metal whit melodic elements, there are 4 or 5 songs dont remeber, but its werry good
also in Sentenced hoep page are one video from old days it calls ''Nepherth''
----

apos;'
[image]
15.10.2006 - 01:43
Skeggjadr
Account deleted
Shadows Of The Past is awesome! I don't really like too many death metal albums... maybe I'm just picky... but Sentenced got it right on this CD! Perfect balance of melody, brutality and darkness.

Unfortanely North From Here is a crap. The only song I can listen to off there is the last one, Epic.
09.01.2008 - 13:23
Fucked Upstairs.
Account deleted
when i remember right, i didn't like the "shadows of the past" album, i found it quite generic. i'll guess i give it another try.
10.01.2008 - 03:53
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I only really like their first two death metal albums. Shadows of the Past seems to get the most praise, but I think North From Here is just as strong. I've only listened to each album once though, so I could be wrong.
14.01.2008 - 11:49
FOOCK Nam
Nepenthen is very a very good song, from Amok.
14.01.2008 - 12:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by FOOCK Nam on 14.01.2008 at 11:49

IMO ist best song from Sentenced what I had hera
----

apos;'
[image]
14.01.2008 - 12:32
FOOCK Nam
Written by Bad English on 14.01.2008 at 12:10

Written by FOOCK Nam on 14.01.2008 at 11:49

IMO ist best song from Sentenced what I had hera

I dont have many old era Sentenced, so I cant say what song is best. But for Nepenthen, my god, its guitar, melody, and lyric are very deep, espcielly the intro guitar and also is repeated in outro of the song.
15.06.2009 - 17:45
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
I've heard only Amok but i'll surely check the other too! Amok is a very nice album...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
16.07.2009 - 20:57
stephenssaiyan
Account deleted
I actually like North From Here