Metal Storm logo
Another US metal thread...

17.05.2006 - 16:01
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
I've started this thread as the old thread got deleted with the new site.

This is a thread about bands like: Manilla Road, Agent Steel, Jag Panzer, Cirith Ungol, Circle II Circle, Whilplash, Forbidden, Attacker, Deadly Blessing, Catch 22, Imagika, Hammers of Misfortune, Liege Lord, Apollo Ra, Pharoh, Q5, Crimson Glory, etc.

I've got the Beyond Fear album and I can say it's one hell of an album, if you into old school heavy metal, but with an up to date sound you've got to deffenetly get it.

What do you thing of Midnight's return to Crimson Glory? Any expectations?

Any news from the Agent Steel camp?
17.05.2006 - 16:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
What you think about band Seven Witches, they are from USA(New York) and plays heavy/traditional/power metal, and its greta specely early albums.
I realy like song "Another War In heaven"
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.05.2006 - 17:18
Geddysciple

When I wrote the '101 Rules of Power Metal' list I had a gag on there that said "If you're a US power metal band, you probably aren't actually a power metal band. Sing about tanks, or something" because that's how I felt when I listened to Jag Panzer. But I also have an overly strong affinity for keyboards...

What's a good place to start with US power metal? I need to get more into my home scene than listen to endless copies of Stratovarius and Rhapsody. I tried Virgin Steele and didn't care for them much, but I only heard a few songs... I don't remember which ones, but based on their reputation, I should like them a lot more than I did.
17.05.2006 - 19:06
Hellish Star

My favourite thread....
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
17.05.2006 - 19:47
Deadsoulman

@Geddysciple: starting with the bands listed by Vanom_BM in the first post could be a good move.

I've heard yesterday a few songs of the US band Graveheart (fka Blistered Earth), a modern band that actually took me on a twenty years backtrip. They play 80's-style thrash metal, even with the old school production, and that's damn nice to see a young band paying tribute to the old times IMO Anyone else heard of them?
17.05.2006 - 20:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@DSM I know only name of band but dunno maybe I had hear something from them
@Geddysciple try this www.vibrationsofdoom.com there shoud be some old classic albums
for example Helstar, Manilla Road, Omen, and many many more bands who Venom_BM mention.

But I think you shoud know jag panzer and Forbidden, but Forbidden re more thrash metal band
----

apos;'
[image]
17.05.2006 - 21:01
Iamshadowkiller
Account deleted
Don't forget the band Icarus Witch.
17.05.2006 - 21:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 17.05.2006 at 21:01

Don't forget the band Icarus Witch.

Man I know this band and I forgot it, sorry, I had one song from home page, but thay had only some tours, one in Germany, I wish I coud go there.

But also great band are Twisted Tower Die specely Manowar cover song "Revelution(Death Angel)"
----

apos;'
[image]
18.05.2006 - 01:37
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
Icarus Witch, what a band...too bad their album (Capture the Magic) is not that great compared the the EP which is a masterpiece (Roses On White Lace). And how could I forget Ravensthorn? An awsome band!

Anybody got the latest Attacker? I heard it's great I can't wait for it to arrive next month, any thoughts, best track or anything.
26.05.2006 - 16:10
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
Imagika are due to release a new albun on July 03, 2006, called "My Bloodied Wings". For me the expectations are quite high as their last album "Devil On Both Sides" sounded awsome. Too bad they aren't well known, they deserve more credit.

I just ordered Parish "Envision". Anybody got this one? What should I excpect (any Crimson Glory references in their sound)?
27.05.2006 - 21:11
Hellish Star

Try this one: Immortal Avenger - Kicks major ass!!!!!

http://myspace.com/immortalavenger

To venom: I have the last Attacker and it's a good one, as usual. Don't expect something new but expect decent US power metal.

Imagika? Can't wait for it...

Another band to watch for: The Kill
----

28.05.2006 - 00:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Does American Band Abbatoir counts here?
Thay play speed metal EDDIt Old School speed metal.
I just lieten them here
http://vibrationsofdoom.com/test/Abattoir.html

But funny think are tis dude who locks ike indina, are 99% how my friendin real life, only his hair was shorter/are longer
http://nolifetilmetal.com/abattoir.htm
----

apos;'
[image]
28.05.2006 - 01:53
danzig111
Account deleted
I like to think ov America's specialty as Extreme Metal.....sure the U.S. has Manowar.......but i don't know......i think how "Power Metal" you are may depend on your culture to a degree.
28.05.2006 - 14:49
okt31
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 18.05.2006 at 01:37

Icarus Witch, what a band...too bad their album (Capture the Magic) is not that great compared the the EP which is a masterpiece (Roses On White Lace). And how could I forget Ravensthorn? An awsome band!

Anybody got the latest Attacker? I heard it's great I can't wait for it to arrive next month, any thoughts, best track or anything.

Yes, I've got both IW releases and they rock.. I wanted to mention them here but you were quicker..
Any Twisted Tower Dire? Which album is the best?
28.05.2006 - 14:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
About Icarus Witch I had one song and I like this band, thaw will play one show in Europe this year, and hope thay will make big tour some day

Icarus Witch are great band and Icarus are taken from ancient greek myth
I think you all know it
----

apos;'
[image]
28.05.2006 - 14:53
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
@okt31: I find Twisted Tower Dire ok, but to be sincere I've heard quite a few bands with that sound like them, although they are ok. (okt31 I think at some time we used to talk on irc on #metal, undernet)

Anybody got the Beyond Fear album???
28.05.2006 - 15:04
okt31
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 28.05.2006 at 14:53

@okt31: I find Twisted Tower Dire ok, but to be sincere I've heard quite a few bands with that sound like them, although they are ok. (okt31 I think at some time we used to talk on irc on #metal, undernet)

Yes, I remember that, too.. We used the same nicks there..
I've just got the Beyond Fear album, and of course, I will listen to it, after I finish Savatage - Wake of Magellan.. It would be an insult for Savatage if I didn't listen to it integrally, you know
28.05.2006 - 15:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Abot Twisted Tower Die thay are amazing, I had 3 songs and ine Manowar cover and band kick ass, thaya re ghreat and intresting, but thay never be so known and famouse how Manowar but thay shoud be
----

apos;'
[image]
28.05.2006 - 16:42
okt31
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 28.05.2006 at 15:04

Yes, I remember that, too.. We used the same nicks there..
I've just got the Beyond Fear album, and of course, I will listen to it, after I finish Savatage - Wake of Magellan.. It would be an insult for Savatage if I didn't listen to it integrally, you know

Well, I nearl;y finished the Beyond Fear-debut.. It's great modern heavy metal.. But the album to beat in the area of heavy metal after 2000 is still Saxon's Killing Ground
28.05.2006 - 17:56
Hellish Star

Icarus Witch will be at the next HOA festival (www.headbangers-open-air.de) together with Blitzkrieg, Satan, Girlschool, Metal Church, October 31, Order Of Nine, Pyramaze, Ulysses Siren,...

Date: 13/14/15 july
Place: Brande-Hörnerkirchen near hamburg (Germany)
----

28.05.2006 - 17:59
okt31
Account deleted
Written by Hellish Star on 28.05.2006 at 17:56

Icarus Witch will be at the next HOA festival (www.headbangers-open-air.de) together with Blitzkrieg, Satan, Girlschool, Metal Church, October 31, Order Of Nine, Pyramaze, Ulysses Siren,...

Date: 13/14/15 july
Place: Brande-Hörnerkirchen near hamburg (Germany)

Yes, I know that already, one frined of mine told me that... It's a shame that I live that far away frmo there..
29.05.2006 - 21:11
Hellish Star

One of US Metal giants HELSTAR are to record a new album with the "Remnants Of War" lineup!
Guitarists Larry Barragan and Rob Trevino (Eternity Black) spoke recently about their plans to record new material. Helstar 2006 also features singer James Rivera (Killing Machine, Vicious Rumors), bassist Jerry Abarca and drummer Russell DeLeon (Eternity Black).

*Larry Barragan complains:

"Yeah, we are a band again. The plan is to record but there again you need a label to do that. Touring, I think will be sporadic. Rob and I make our money and support our families in the corporate world; really all of us have day gigs that quite frankly pay the bills better than anything we could make on the road. So when you hear of us doing a show you know we really wanted to do it because we are basically taking vacation time to play them."

*Rob Trevino says:

"We are officially a band again. It is up to the people, the fans, and the labels whether or not we continue on. If the interest is there, we will continue to record and do some touring. For me, I would really like to see us put out at least one more 'official' Helstar release for the fans who've asked for it all of these years."
----

05.06.2006 - 15:04
Hellish Star

I bought 3 awesome albums yesterday at the Metl Church gig (which was awesome btw);

>Winterkill: a feast for a beggar

>Cyclone Temple: I hate therefore I am

>Tyrus: Masters of revenge
----

05.06.2006 - 15:16
Markku
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 17.05.2006 at 16:36

What you think about band Seven Witches, they are from USA(New York) and plays heavy/traditional/power metal, and its greta specely early albums.
I realy like song "Another War In heaven"

I've heard some songs from Seven Witches, rather good material!
08.06.2006 - 21:47
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
Some news:

VALKYRIE'S CRY CONFIRMED FOR THE SWORDBROTHERS FESTIVAL 2007.
Canadian heavy metal warriors Valkyrie's Cry will visit Germany to burn the stage of the Swordbrothers Festival (19.05.2007). Band's debut demo "Black Knight" is still available - for more information check band's official website at www.dragonight.de/valkyriescry

AXEMASTER - DEAL WITH DRAGONGIHT AGENCY, VIDEO POSTED ONLINE.
Axemaster, the US-based heavy metal legend of the 80s, finally landed under Dragonight Agency wings. Guys are currently working (in the original line up!) on the new songs for the forthcoming comeback album, and are planning official re-release of the legendary "Blessing In The Skies" LP. Please visit Dragonight's homepage at www.dragonight.de to download the classic "Slave To The Blade" video clip. More news will follow soon!
10.06.2006 - 02:22
Mariusz
Account deleted

I am surprised that there was no information about the debut album of Beyond Fear, because I think that Tim and company made a top metal album which shouldn't be omitted. At least it should be some information in new releases corner. I'm recommending Beyond Fear to every metal fan that hasn't heard it. Here http://www.spvusa.com/beyondfear/ is the link to their site and the one free track called - And You Will Die!
10.06.2006 - 09:22
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 10.06.2006 at 02:22

I am surprised that there was no information about the debut album of Beyond Fear, because I think that Tim and company made a top metal album which shouldn't be omitted. At least it should be some information in new releases corner. I'm recommending Beyond Fear to every metal fan that has't heard it. Here is the link to their site and the one free track called - And You Will Die!

Right on dude! I never understood why this one seems so underrated, I gave it to a friend that thought "Ripper" destroyed Judas and he was all knocked out by this release...this goes to show that a "Ripper" hater can be made to like this awsome release.
10.06.2006 - 09:35
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
I recently got Jag Panzer's Ample Destruction. And it's friggin fantastic. I used to have the album, Mechanized Warfare, which I wasn't too fond of, but I really liked this one.
My favourite song is Reign Of The Tyrants

"Under the Kniiiiiiiiife"
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
11.06.2006 - 01:00
Hellish Star

Two new fantastic US metal bands:

Titanium Black
Fallen Sanctuary
----

12.06.2006 - 02:48
Conemetal

Written by Guest on 17.05.2006 at 16:01

This is a thread about bands like: Manilla Road, Agent Steel, Jag Panzer, Cirith Ungol, Circle II Circle, Whilplash, Forbidden, Attacker, Deadly Blessing, Catch 22, Imagika, Hammers of Misfortune, Liege Lord, Apollo Ra, Pharoh, Q5, Crimson Glory, etc.

Oh, I didn't listen about most of these bandas for a long time: I have albums of Agent Steel (Unstoppable Force) and Manilla Road in vinyl format!!!; I love the Heavy Power Metal of Jag Panzer, Liege Lord and Imagika (a little thrashy ), the Thrash of Forbidden (Twisted Into Form) and the "melo heavy" of the masked Crimsom Glory, that was a very great era for USA metal.
There are good bands from USA now too, I know new bands like Beyond the Sixth Seal, Enforsaken, As I Lay Dying, Beyond the Embrace (one of my favs)
----
MUCH I LEARNED FROM MY TEACHERS,
MORE FROM MY COLLEAGUES, BUT I HAVE LEARNED THE MOST FROM MY DISCIPLES