Metal Storm logo
Another US metal thread...

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 17.05.2006 - 16:01
I've started this thread as the old thread got deleted with the new site.

This is a thread about bands like: Manilla Road, Agent Steel, Jag Panzer, Cirith Ungol, Circle II Circle, Whilplash, Forbidden, Attacker, Deadly Blessing, Catch 22, Imagika, Hammers of Misfortune, Liege Lord, Apollo Ra, Pharoh, Q5, Crimson Glory, etc.

I've got the Beyond Fear album and I can say it's one hell of an album, if you into old school heavy metal, but with an up to date sound you've got to deffenetly get it.

What do you thing of Midnight's return to Crimson Glory? Any expectations?

Any news from the Agent Steel camp?
14.04.2008 - 21:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 14.04.2008 at 02:59

Have any of you guys heard of the band Eternal legacy out of sleveland ohio? they really have a sound of their own and combine a bunch of different genres of metal

Sorry this band dont counts in this tread its some kidn a power metal not 80TIES POWER/HEAVY or THRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.04.2008 - 03:13
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I've found another pretty good band to check out if anyone is interested. They're a band from Los Angeles called Axehammer. They play a traditional type of US Power/Heavy Metal. They were formed in the early '80s I've read, but haven't put out full length albums until relatively recently. They're pretty good from what I've sampled on their myspace. Their singer reminds me of Niklas Isfeldt from Dream Evil a bit, with maybe a little bit of Bruce Dickinson thrown in there. Check them out.

http://www.myspace.com/axehammerweb
----
The force will be with you, always.
15.04.2008 - 20:38
Hellish Star
My review about the KIT Festival at METAL TO INFINITY

http://mtibelgium.00freehost.com/ReviewKEEPITTRUEX2008.html
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
15.04.2008 - 21:49
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Hellish Star on 15.04.2008 at 20:38

My review about the KIT Festival at METAL TO INFINITY

http://mtibelgium.00freehost.com/ReviewKEEPITTRUEX2008.html

Oh man, I envy you so much! So many great acts you got to see, and all together at once! Knowing that the KC Power Metal Fest is 21+ only makes me hate my life even more. Ha! One day I will take part in a great event like this. One day. Great review!
----
16.04.2008 - 16:08
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
I just placed an order for the Icarus Witch album that was released last year, I sure hope it's at least as good as the previous album, but i don't think they will top their EP.
16.04.2008 - 18:07
Hellish Star
Written by Guest on 16.04.2008 at 16:08

I just placed an order for the Icarus Witch album that was released last year, I sure hope it's at least as good as the previous album, but i don't think they will top their EP.
The album is better than the debut but not as good as the EP...
----

17.04.2008 - 08:18
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I am trying to find out if anyone has heard the album 'Master of Revenge' from the band Tyrus? I've been trying to find samples but haven't had any luck. I saw their album on ebay and am really interested. Any help?
----
17.04.2008 - 18:33
Hellish Star
Written by Clintagräm on 17.04.2008 at 08:18

I am trying to find out if anyone has heard the album 'Master of Revenge' from the band Tyrus? I've been trying to find samples but haven't had any luck. I saw their album on ebay and am really interested. Any help?
Not that special, there's better stuff out there
----

17.04.2008 - 22:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Icarus Witch has new album I wanna it too
----

apos;'
[image]
22.04.2008 - 18:43
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
I've just been listening to the album, sure sounds good. Still not as good as the EP. That is a pitty as the band can do it from my point of view. Without having listened to the ep the album would get a 9, but on the other hand i've listened to it so will give it a 8.5
26.04.2008 - 09:58
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Icarus Witch isn't bad but I've been enjoying some Ironsword recently along with a few other bands like DarkBlack, Battlewitch, and Goat Horn, but am currently enjoying some classic Warlord. It's too bad they split up and also that I can't seem to find their 1984 debut '...And the Cannons of Destruction Have Begun' anywhere. That's definitely a release I need to get my hands on, along with their 1983 EP. Haven't heard any of the songs from 'Rising Out of the Ashes' but I'm sure they're worth the time.
----
26.04.2008 - 11:36
Hellish Star
ATTACKER ANNOUNCES NEW VOCALIST!
New Jersey metallers ATTACKER have announced the
addition of Walter Figueroa to the group's ranks.
Figueroa is the former lead singer of SEVERED HAND (a
band that features Sebastian Bach's son on drums) and
he recently did a stint as vocalist for 1980s metal
cover band SMELL THE GLOVE (which features SEVEN
WITCHES and current JOEY BELLADONNA guitarist Jack
Frost). Walter Figueroa has also been involved with
hard rock band IMPRECARI and progressive rock/metal
band PARADOX (New Jersey).

Walter Figueroa's influences include Geoff Tate, Rob
Halford, Bruce Dickinson, and Tony Harnell. These
influences can clearly be heard in Figueroa's soaring,
powerful voice.

ATTACKER states: "Walter came down and did a fantastic
job on the material, so we knew we had to look no
further. We had several people recommend Walter to us
and they were right on the money. We are all looking
forward to working on our new album and hitting the
stage as soon as possible."
----

30.04.2008 - 22:39
Hellish Star
FIREAXE

Fireaxe is a one-man musical project founded in 1995 and based in Chula Vista, California. Driven by a vision to produce metal music that invigorates the mind as well as the body, Fireaxe creator, Brian Voth, has slaved away behind an overburdened Mac G3 and a tall stack of gear for years crafting a hard driving yet elegant sound which matches his provocative religious and political themes. Brian sings the lead and backup vocals, plays lead, rhythm, and bass guitars, does all the keyboards and programs the drum machine as well, but despite all of the limitations of working solo in a home studio the final product jumps off of the CD with a force and fury that continues to impress, and sometimes overwhelm, a small but growing contingent of Fireaxe supporters.

Check http://www.neptune.net/~bev/Fireaxe.html oR http://www.myspace.com/theburningblade
----

30.04.2008 - 23:10
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Hellish Star on 30.04.2008 at 22:39

FIREAXE

I actually checked this band out a month or so ago. I got a kick out of how much Brian Voth looks like Dallas Toler Wade. Other than that, I don't remember his band being anything too spectacular, but I'll take another gander.
----
05.05.2008 - 16:05
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
I am starting to love more and more the new Icarus Witch. I also got the New Pharaoh, but haven't got a good listen to it.
What i totally loved are the new Testament and Paradox albums which are just great.
08.05.2008 - 06:49
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Wow! I just found this "new" band Griffin from here in the US. I haven't heard a whole album but I found a few of their songs from their 1984 debut 'Flight Of The Griffin' on Youtube and they sound pretty good. Classic US Power/Heavy if you ask me. Check it out.
----
13.05.2008 - 18:13
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
EXHORDER Reunite; Writing New Material

Added Sunday, May 11
Added By: EvilG

Reunited legendary New Orleans metallers EXHORDER have issued the following update from guitarist Vinnie LaBella:

"Isn't it amazing what just sheer persistence will get ya these days? Well you asked for it and you definitely waited long enough for it and now you got it. I thought I would never utter these words again but here they are - Exhorder is officially back in business!. Hmmmm, that shit sounded good. After tossing this around for quite some time we actually just decided to do this less than a week ago so at this time we have no real direction on what we want to do as far as shows, tours, albums etc. As of right now the first step is to get a new bass player and get back to rehearsing (Sparcello is currently incarcerated). This will probably be a slow process and you've waited a long time already but your patience will be rewarded and as you already know we never disappoint.??I don't like the word "fan". Never have. Exhorder never did have fans. Instead you've all been friends and family in our eyes and me and the rest of the guys would like to thank all of you for keeping us in your hearts for all these years. It is for and because of YOU that we do this again! Now enough of all this sentimental bullshit, we got work to do, we'll keep you posted.??Buckle up mutha fuckas... were back!"

Exhorder's 2008 Line-up includes: Kyle Thomas (vocals), Vinnie LaBella (guitars), Jay Ceravolo (guitars), Chris Nail (drums).

As previously reported, Metal Mind Productions will release Exhorder's 1990 album, Slaughter In The Vatican, and 1992's The Law, on May 19th in Europe / July 8th in USA (via MVD). New digipak edition is limited to numerated 2000 copies. Digitally remastered using 24-Bit process on golden disc. Tracklisting is as follows:

Exhorder - Slaughter In The Vatican tracklist: 'Death In Vain', 'Homicide', 'Desecrator', 'Exhorder', 'The Tragic Period', 'Legions Of Death', 'Anal Lust', 'Slaughter In The Vatican'.

Exhorder - The Law tracklist: 'Soul Serch Me', 'Unforgiven', 'I Am The Cross', 'Un-Born Again', 'Into The Void', 'The Truth', 'The Law', 'Incontinence', '(Cadence Of) The Dirge'.
13.05.2008 - 20:14
Gordon Freeman
Written by Guest on 13.05.2008 at 18:13

Added Sunday, May 11

Reunited legendary New Orleans metallers EXHORDER have issued the following update from guitarist Vinnie LaBella:

"Isn't it amazing what just sheer persistence will get ya these days? Well you asked for it and you definitely waited long enough for it and now you got it. I thought I would never utter these words again but here they are - Exhorder is officially back in business!. Hmmmm, that shit sounded good. After tossing this around for quite some time we actually just decided to do this less than a week ago so at this time we have no real direction on what we want to do as far as shows, tours, albums etc. As of right now the first step is to get a new bass player and get back to rehearsing (Sparcello is currently incarcerated). This will probably be a slow process and you've waited a long time already but your patience will be rewarded and as you already know we never disappoint.??I don't like the word "fan". Never have. Exhorder never did have fans. Instead you've all been friends and family in our eyes and me and the rest of the guys would like to thank all of you for keeping us in your hearts for all these years. It is for and because of YOU that we do this again! Now enough of all this sentimental bullshit, we got work to do, we'll keep you posted.??Buckle up mutha fuckas... were back!"

Exhorder's 2008 Line-up includes: Kyle Thomas (vocals), Vinnie LaBella (guitars), Jay Ceravolo (guitars), Chris Nail (drums).

As previously reported, Metal Mind Productions will release Exhorder's 1990 album, Slaughter In The Vatican, and 1992's The Law, on May 19th in Europe / July 8th in USA (via MVD). New digipak edition is limited to numerated 2000 copies. Digitally remastered using 24-Bit process on golden disc. Tracklisting is as follows:

Exhorder - Slaughter In The Vatican tracklist: 'Death In Vain', 'Homicide', 'Desecrator', 'Exhorder', 'The Tragic Period', 'Legions Of Death', 'Anal Lust', 'Slaughter In The Vatican'.

Exhorder - The Law tracklist: 'Soul Serch Me', 'Unforgiven', 'I Am The Cross', 'Un-Born Again', 'Into The Void', 'The Truth', 'The Law', 'Incontinence', '(Cadence Of) The Dirge'.

They were probably just waiting out the Pantera break-up to see if they'd get back together agian...

Now that it doesn't look like that's ever going to happen Exhorder can now go back to sounding like them without having to worry about being second guessed...

...or was it Pantera that sounded like Exhorder...?

(don't really give a crap about either bands by the way...I'd rather get my "Redneck" metal fix from Down or Alabama Thunder Pussy.)
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
25.05.2008 - 21:26
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Well, while I was reading a few reviews online about Last Chapter's album 'The Living Waters' I got a recommendation for this band called Wicked Maraya. Well, I checked them out, and they sound pretty good. It looks like they only released their one album 'Cycles' in 1994 and then disbanded, at least under that moniker. They've been compared to such bands as Nevermore and Sanctuary, but are a little less aggressive, but still very heavy.Anyway, I thought I'd just put in my opinion that they're not bad and for anyone to check them out if they're interested.

http://www.myspace.com/wickedmaraya
----
25.05.2008 - 21:31
Hellish Star
Written by Clintagräm on 25.05.2008 at 21:26

Well, while I was reading a few reviews online about Last Chapter's album 'The Living Waters' I got a recommendation for this band called Wicked Maraya. Well, I checked them out, and they sound pretty good. It looks like they only released their one album 'Cycles' in 1994 and then disbanded, at least under that moniker. They've been compared to such bands as Nevermore and Sanctuary, but are a little less aggressive, but still very heavy.Anyway, I thought I'd just put in my opinion that they're not bad and for anyone to check them out if they're interested.

Wicked Maraya was a good band, their album was great. Later on they changed in MARAYA, releasing two albums to forget (especially the second)
----

25.05.2008 - 21:33
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Hellish Star on 25.05.2008 at 21:31

Wicked Maraya was a good band, their album was great. Later on they changed in MARAYA, releasing two albums to forget (especially the second)

Yeah, I found 'Cycles' for pretty cheap online and am thinking about buying it. I've heard samples and I like the band, very talented, but I can't help but feel a heavy influence from Hair Metal too, and well that's not really my thing. Perhaps if I got to listen to the album in full though, my mind might change.
----
25.05.2008 - 21:48
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Clintagräm on 25.05.2008 at 21:26

Cyckes is indeed a very nice album. I still play it regularly. I picked it up in 1994 when it was released but can't remember why htough cause that wasn't the sort of stuff I was listening to at the time.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.05.2008 - 22:11
Hellish Star
Try SIX MINUTE CENTURY. I even made a topic about them. Fantastic band!
----

29.05.2008 - 08:16
Opium
Account deleted
Written by Gordon Freeman on 13.05.2008 at 20:14

Written by Guest on 13.05.2008 at 18:13

Added Sunday, May 11

They were probably just waiting out the Pantera break-up to see if they'd get back together agian...

Now that it doesn't look like that's ever going to happen Exhorder can now go back to sounding like them without having to worry about being second guessed...

...or was it Pantera that sounded like Exhorder...?

(don't really give a crap about either bands by the way...I'd rather get my "Redneck" metal fix from Down or Alabama Thunder Pussy.)

Pantera sounded like Exhorder. *sigh*

Exhorder established that groove-based sound years before Pantera used it, since they released a demo titled 'Get Rude' back in '86 (with the same vocals etc. as on their debut), despite both bands releasing similarly sounding albums in 1990.

Sweet news either way

EDIT: Actually, this is THE BEST NEWS OF THE ENTIRE YEAR!!! Can't get over this... damn...
29.05.2008 - 13:23
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
HATCHET - Album Available For Streaming

Bay Area Thrash metallers HATCHET's first full-length "Awaiting Evil" is available for free streaming at this location. The album will be released on 30 May. All info here.

----
Your favorite band sucks.
29.05.2008 - 18:28
Gordon Freeman
Written by Guest on 29.05.2008 at 08:16

Pantera sounded like Exhorder. *sigh*

Exhorder established that groove-based sound years before Pantera used it, since they released a demo titled 'Get Rude' back in '86 (with the same vocals etc. as on their debut), despite both bands releasing similarly sounding albums in 1990.

Sweet news either way

EDIT: Actually, this is THE BEST NEWS OF THE ENTIRE YEAR!!! Can't get over this... damn...

I know this.

It's just that fans of both bands take it so serisously...

...I can't help but be an ass sometimes.
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
29.05.2008 - 20:44
Hellish Star
Check the new ORDER OF NINE!!!!! Awesome CD http://www.myspace.com/orderofnine
----

18.07.2008 - 02:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Helstar - ''The King of Hell ''

Full-length, FM Records
September 2008

1. The King of Hell
2. The Plague Called Man
3. Tormentor
4. When Empires Fall
5. Wicked Disposition
6. Caress of the Dead
7. Pain Will Be Thy Name
8. In My Darkness
9. The Garden of Temptation

Thats what I found in internet damn awsome
----

apos;'
[image]
18.07.2008 - 20:57
Hellish Star
Written by Bad English on 18.07.2008 at 02:03

Helstar - ''The King of Hell ''

Full-length, FM Records
September 2008

1. The King of Hell
2. The Plague Called Man
3. Tormentor
4. When Empires Fall
5. Wicked Disposition
6. Caress of the Dead
7. Pain Will Be Thy Name
8. In My Darkness
9. The Garden of Temptation

Thats what I found in internet damn awsome

I can't wait to here the ultimate METAL GODS back again
----

21.07.2008 - 22:05
ProwlerInTheYard
Account deleted
Two good U.S. metal bands that come to mind are Dragonlord (not to be confused with the crap band Dragonforce) and the one man Band Xasthur.