08. Anoint The Dead
09. Contemplate Regicide
10. Bound Dead
11. (Exit) The Few

Staff review by
jupitreas
Rating:
N/A
In what is likely to be the single most shocking event on the scene this year, longtime brutal death metal stalwarts Cryptopsy decided to reinvent themselves as crazy jacks-of-all-trades for their latest release, The Unspoken King. Nevertheless, this album shouldn't get buried by the chaos that will certainly ensue amongst old fans and other more orthodox death metal types. This is because it is just too good to be mired by ridiculous genre discussions.

Read more ››
published 17.04.2008 | Comments (122)

Staff review by
Baz Anderson
Rating:
Cryptopsy are a household name when it comes to brutal death metal, and for five albums over the past fourteen years that is exactly what they delivered. Until now. Lord Worm is out of the band, replaced by metalcore vocalist Matt McGachy and for the first time in the band's history a keyboard player, Maggie Durand, is introduced to the ranks. Musically Cryptopsy are a completely different band, shedding their brutal death metal skins and wriggling towards the metalcore whilst still keeping some technical death metal ties.

Read more ››
published 22.04.2008 | Comments (16)

Found in 4 lists
Top lists

Comments page 3 / 3

Comments: 61   Visited by: 1039 users
29.03.2022 - 16:21
Rating: 6
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Never been particularly interested in Cryptopsy. The classic albums are good but nothing I go gaga over. I remember listening to this album when it came out but only vaguely as neither brutal death or deathcore were genres I listened to at all.

A few months ago I bought The Unspoken King on a second hand record shop dirty cheap only for "academic reasons" to figure out what's the big fucking deal that made so many people butthurt.
It's actually quite decent to good. Nothing astonishingly bad. I guess people went nuts because of the change they weren't ready for. High 6 to low 7 for me. The drumming and bass in particular is pretty dope. Just a bit too cleanly produced. If it were more dirty it would have been way better. Not a huge fan of the clean vocals but not because they are clean. Just because I'm not a fan of the nasal sound of his.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.

Hits total: 18739 | This month: 39