Metal Storm logo
Primus

Original post

Posted by Endoftherainbow, 04.08.2006 - 02:50
I was suprised this band didn't have a thread already sincePrimus is one of the best most influential altmetal bands of the 90's with they're crazy brand of metal. My favorite Primus album is Sailing the Seas of Cheese because of songs like Jerry Was A Race Car Driver, Tommy the Cat, and Sgt. Baker. Les Claypool is also an amazingly talented bass player and songwriter and has a pretty crazy vocal styling. So what does everyone else think of this band?
15.08.2011 - 01:08
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Reviving this thread since the new album will be out on September 12.
Listening to it now, and it is a lot better than I expected. Especially loving Last Salmon Man. It would have been a great follow-up to Sailing The Seas Of Cheese.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.08.2011 - 22:29
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I just listened to the new album and there are some awesome songs on it! A nice full album but of a few little bits and pieces that hold the album together...some sick bass licks on it too..you kinda have to listen to it a few times to get the feel of it but I can't wait for them to tour with this album!
22.08.2011 - 03:47
Mattybu

Primus sucks

Also, I really like the new album, it's as good as bought already.
22.08.2011 - 14:31
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Mattybu on 22.08.2011 at 03:47

Primus sucks

Somewhere, I don't know where, I read, they're not using that slogan any more. Unfortunately. I totally loved it.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.08.2011 - 14:32
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 21.08.2011 at 22:29

I just listened to the new album and there are some awesome songs on it! A nice full album but of a few little bits and pieces that hold the album together...some sick bass licks on it too..you kinda have to listen to it a few times to get the feel of it but I can't wait for them to tour with this album!

Unfortunately there's also quite a bit of filler (such as Lee Van Cleef and some other songs) and which are placed at weird places. Like the Van Cleef song right after Lilly's On Smack.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.08.2011 - 03:56
Mattybu

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.08.2011 at 14:31

Written by Mattybu on 22.08.2011 at 03:47

Primus sucks

Somewhere, I don't know where, I read, they're not using that slogan any more. Unfortunately. I totally loved it.

They don't use it, but all tha peepz in tha hood who know about it like me still use it, because you are right it's the best.
24.08.2011 - 20:58
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.08.2011 at 14:32

Unfortunately there's also quite a bit of filler (such as Lee Van Cleef and some other songs) and which are placed at weird places. Like the Van Cleef song right after Lilly's On Smack.

Yeah, that was something that really threw me off when I first listened to the album...all the strange bits and pieces....it reminded me of Sailing The Seas Of Cheese....
24.08.2011 - 20:59
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 24.08.2011 at 20:58

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.08.2011 at 14:32

Yeah, that was something that really threw me off when I first listened to the album...all the strange bits and pieces....it reminded me of Sailing The Seas Of Cheese....

Yeah it does in that sense although there it is more coherent then here.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.09.2011 - 01:46
Doom Trooper

I Use To Be A Pimp But Now Im HOINFODAMAN.

I love the new record. Eyes Of The Squirrel, Jillys On Smack, Moron TV, The Last Salmon Man are all great songs. There is definitely some of inspiration from les Claypool's solo stuff but thats fine by me. Solid return, I cant wait to see what happens next.
20.09.2011 - 02:11
Lit.
Account deleted
Just got Fizzle Fry. I can't remember the last time I chuckled listening to a song (Mr. Know It All).
11.09.2020 - 06:45
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
For anyone interested in psych rock and Claypool's unique bass work, be sure to check out The Claypool Lennon Delirium.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
06.11.2020 - 09:28
BetulaObscura

Primus sucks!
----
"Inspired by the future of the past"
21.06.2022 - 12:15
heavyriffs
Account deleted
Wierdly great band