12.02.2010 - 17:28
HardSide

Kat = http://www.metalstorm.ee/bands/band.php?band_id=3410
Kat & Roman Kostrzewski = http://www.metalstorm.ee/bands/band.php?band_id=3660

Same band.
12.02.2010 - 18:20
Syk
myspace/bonerama
I think I read that the second one was formed after Roman split off from the rest of the group... if I'm wrong maybe it can be replaced with that Roadrunner project with Glen Benton and that guy from Sadus, or one of Paul Di'Anno's bands..?
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
12.02.2010 - 21:28
Ivan
Retired Admin
It looks like these are two different bands, one being an off-shoot with the former vocalist (Roman Kostrzewski), another features a new vocalist (Henry Beck). I don't know anything about the band, though, but Jupi must know.
17.02.2010 - 12:12
Kamilbolt
Account deleted
Kat is a band, who created metal in our country. This is propably our most legendary band, however they've never made as huge career in other countries as Vader, Decapitated and Behemot.
They had a chance 20 years ago, but Poland was under soviet system and reality was one of main problems.

You can read about them on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kat_%28band%29
07.03.2010 - 22:53
Sangre Sani

The thing is... Luczyk made his own band but took the name KAT with him (copyrights shit), recorded shitty Mind Cannibals and stays inactive for years now. Roman Kostrzewski and rest of original band changed their name to "KAT & Roman Kostrzewski" which is the true KAT. Now polish fans hate Luczyk and his band and his record (it sucks indeed).
08.03.2010 - 21:06
zagor19

Last gig of KAT with Kostrzewski, Luczyk, Oset and Loth was in Wrocław, 28.11.2003 (supporting Iron Maiden)*. Since 28.11.2003 Luczyk never played gigs in Poland with new vocalist and drummer.

*Live album and dvd "Somewhere in Poland" include this last gig.

Band KAT & Roman Kostrzewski is going to record new album in April 2010.

Quote:
Now polish fans hate Luczyk and his band and his record (it sucks indeed).

It's true
08.03.2010 - 21:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Its almoust ''same'' like Saxon and Oliver/Daughton Saxon where 2 members take name Saxon whit them
Those 2 bands are diferent and asfar I remeber Kat & Roman Kostrzewski relised only one DVD or EP something, but kat continues whit new vocalist and I peresonaly like old KAT 80's thrash
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.03.2010 - 21:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 17.02.2010 at 12:12

Kat is a band, who created metal in our country. This is propably our most legendary band, however they've never made as huge career in other countries as Vader, Decapitated and Behemot.
They had a chance 20 years ago, but Poland was under soviet system and reality was one of main problems.

You can read about them on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kat_%28band%29

KAT, Turbo=Legendy
Same story like whit czcehs Arakain whit old good Ale? Brichta, recorded good albums in 80's but realised in early 90's because Čehoslavakia was under comies siege,
Main think why those bands are not popular is because of lanfauge, moust prefere english, same like Russian Aria, Spanish Muro , well known in home lands, less outside
I dont care because ''Zase Spi? V Noče Sama'' and ''Zapomeņ'' is bets songs out there
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.03.2010 - 23:55
zagor19

Quote:
I remeber Kat & Roman Kostrzewski relised only one DVD or EP something, but kat continues whit new vocalist and I peresonaly like old KAT 80's thrash

True, KAT & Roman Kostrzewski released DVD in December 2007 (in bootleg from Warsaw there are two new songs called "Progeria" and "Prosto z lufy", but Roman sing it in different language - He said, that was a "Swedish language" ). In November 2007 Kostrzewski released solo album called "Woda" (Water), and since 2008 the band working on new album. In December 2009 they are playing new song - "Święty z krzyża zdjęty" with polish lyric.

Quote:
but kat continues whit new vocalist

Yes, they are released "Mind Cannibals" in October 2005, and play European tour (supporting Six Feet Under and Helloween) from 23 Oct. to 22 Nov. After this tour they never played any gigs.

Quote:
and I peresonaly like old KAT 80's thrash

"Oddech Wymarłych Światów" is the best polish metal relase of 80's
09.03.2010 - 11:28
Kamilbolt
Account deleted
Fully agree. OWŚ is still mighty