01. Der Ewige Sieg [acoustic version]
02. Nach Dem Winter [acoustic version]
03. Blut Im Auge [acoustic version]
04. Die Prophezeiung [acoustic version]
05. Heimwärts [acoustic version]

Staff review by
fade
Rating:
With two years and two band mates gone Equilibrium manage to release their new opus, ReKreatur. When I first heard that Equilbrium and vocalist Helge Stang had parted ways, I slowly balled my hands into fists and shouted, "Noooo!" I have liked this band since the beginning and I really enjoyed the chemistry that flowed with each release. Now I had to deal with some new blood and when it comes down to vocalist changes in a band it can go one of two ways. They can change the chemistry enough to where I am bored to death with each new release, or the new vocalist will add some new element that propels any new material into a positive light for the band. Luckily the latter prevailed and they released ReKreatur with a new vocalist and drummer intact and in full force. Robert "Robse" Dahn has slid into the lead vocalist role with ease.

Read more ››
published 30.09.2010 | Comments (11)

Guest review by
IanYeara
Rating:
I really am not a fan of death metal, or black metal or really any of the extreme genres though I do like a few artists here and there from each one. Despite that I absolutely love folk metal, harsh vocals or not, this is some of the best folk metal I have ever heard with a combination of death grunts and black metal rasps that make for some interesting vocals.

Read more ››
published 14.09.2013 | Comments (0)

Found in 19 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 64   Visited by: 1054 users
13.02.2010 - 11:00
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Well...nice...

i wonder how they want to manage it in their current situation...or was it all "prepared"?
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

13.02.2010 - 18:09
Rating: 8
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Pffffff THAT'S a relief! I thought the band's parting with two members was a prelude to an imminent disbanding. But yes, I wonder how they'll be able to release an album in four months without a drummer and a vocalist... Maybe they already had replacements in mind when they split up?
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
04.03.2010 - 01:15
Rating: 9
JÄY
Metal slave
These guys are moving fast ay? We've got a new vocalist!
04.03.2010 - 09:46
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Recruiting vocalist was one thing, but re-record an album in 3 months...plus they still dont have a drummer afaik...didnt they say something about postponing?
----

10.03.2010 - 09:11
FRIENDSHIP

Do want!
----
Keeping up the killing,

Dylan
18.03.2010 - 16:21
FeskarN

This will be a really intressting album with the new vocalist and drummer ofc. But also Helge said in a video interview that this album will have a more darker sound. Rene is a fantastic song-writer so I don't think I will be disapointed.
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
18.03.2010 - 17:03
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
What a lame name?
----

18.03.2010 - 19:14
FeskarN

Written by Ellrohir on 18.03.2010 at 17:03

What a lame name?

It means Re-creation right?
----
18.03.2010 - 21:36
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Recreation is "rekreation" in german..."kreatur" means "entity" and "rekreatur" is not in my dictionary...
----

18.03.2010 - 23:25
Bas
Retired Staff
'Kreatur' is 'creature' in english. So it's basically re-creature, whatever that's supposed to mean. Pretty sucky name indeed.
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
27.04.2010 - 23:53
Windrider
Raureif
I would say the album title has something to do with a creature of ancient times, or a ehm... recreated creature That gives at least sense to it lol...
01.05.2010 - 01:18
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
But to me it sounds like as "holiday" (or english recreation, also in czech we have similar world for that)...so it is a bit weird
----

08.05.2010 - 18:20
Rating: 6
Edmund Fogg

Despite the albums name, this release will be golden...there's already leaks posted on Youtbe and they sound nice
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
15.05.2010 - 13:42
ChrisWinther

I just hate the pokemon inspired album cover, I can't take it serius
20.05.2010 - 21:26
Baz Anderson

Well I have this from the label now. I must say, compared to "Sagas", this is just not good at all.
21.05.2010 - 18:21
FeskarN

Written by Baz Anderson on 20.05.2010 at 21:26

Well I have this from the label now. I must say, compared to "Sagas", this is just not good at all.

Is it really that bad?
----
21.05.2010 - 18:47
Baz Anderson

Written by FeskarN on 21.05.2010 at 18:21

Is it really that bad?

For me, yes.
21.05.2010 - 22:23
Baz Anderson

I don't want to sound too harsh, because I really liked this band a lot.
The album does have some great moments - but the biggest problem by far is that the album, although still sounding like Equilibrium, sounds like it was made by a band that wanted to rip off "Sagas" as much as possible.

To me it sounds like the fresh and exciting energy the band had has completely vanished...

But still, there's plenty of time before I have to make up my mind for the review.
23.05.2010 - 19:51
FeskarN

I'm not so pleased either after hearing 3 new songs on their myspace. The only song that is really great is "Die Affeninsel". The new vocalist is good but I feel that the vocal melodies are quite boring in those three songs. Well, I will just wait and hear then the album come out and I will get package with the bonus cd for sure! The acoustic song of "Heimwärts" is so awesome!
----
26.05.2010 - 06:06
MeloDeathViking

I like the songs on they're myspace, but I have to say, it sounds like Sagas 2.0, and if the whole thing is like that, as much as I'm sure I'll like it, I'll also be disappointed by the lack of originallity so to speak.
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
12.06.2010 - 19:18
annodomini

Well i lsitened to all songs on my space, and I disagree with most of you. First of all if Equilibrium reached what they wanted to saund like on Sagas why would they need to change on this album. Then it is still original, because Sagas was original and it was created by the same band, so its still their invention. The only drawback for me is the last track, which is not as good as mana. Also there could be more slower songs, but all in all, album is amazing, with great melodies, very epic keybords. VOcals sounds great.
----
the riddle wants to be...
18.06.2010 - 15:20
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
I haven't listened to the cd yet, and the myspace sound quality is blah, but from what I've heard, I'm sure I'll be a little disappointed... Sagas was so varied and each track had its very own personnality, while ReKreatur tracks sound like generic Equilibrium tracks. I mean, about Sagas, you could say "the jungle metal track" for Unbesiegt, the "black metal track" for Verrat or the "pan flute track" for Ruf in den Wind". And ReKreatur? Unbesiegt part II for Die Affeninsel, Mana 2 for Kurzes Epos, Wurzelbert 2 for Der Ewige Sieg...
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
19.06.2010 - 16:15
Sentenced Odiin
gothic.moorion@gmail.com
Best fucking band with charming and talented members! hail to Equi (: i got all memeber on facebook
the album is just amazing. incredible how they could make again the same epic stuff like sagas and fratyr!
----
Life has given me much, maybe taken more...
20.06.2010 - 08:21
Jon

Written by Sentenced Odiin on 19.06.2010 at 16:15

Best fucking band with charming and talented members! hail to Equi (: i got all memeber on facebook
the album is just amazing. incredible how they could make again the same epic stuff like sagas and fratyr!

Cool! You can send them my review shitting on their new album - after I had to listen to an hour of that I feel the least they can do is read about themselves being insulted. http://baileysmmcreamy.blogspot.com/2010/06/equilibrium-rekreatur.html
----
A mythology is a religion different enough from your own for it's absurdity to be obvious.
20.06.2010 - 13:22
Sentenced Odiin
gothic.moorion@gmail.com
Written by Jon on 20.06.2010 at 08:21

Cool! You can send them my review shitting on their new album - after I had to listen to an hour of that I feel the least they can do is read about themselves being insulted. http://baileysmmcreamy.blogspot.com/2010/06/equilibrium-rekreatur.html

hey dude i read your interview and i say fuck you do not take it in an offensive way.. you can love or hate equi.. its quite relative.
actually you have just written to the wrong guy cus i am a "hardcore" equi fan since turis fratyr.
----
Life has given me much, maybe taken more...
20.06.2010 - 15:35
Jon

Written by Sentenced Odiin on 20.06.2010 at 13:22

Written by Jon on 20.06.2010 at 08:21

hey dude i read your interview and i say fuck you do not take it in an offensive way.. you can love or hate equi.. its quite relative.
actually you have just written to the wrong guy cus i am a "hardcore" equi fan since turis fratyr.

Thanks bro! Do be sure to sub my blog and check back for more ragging of your faves.
----
A mythology is a religion different enough from your own for it's absurdity to be obvious.
20.06.2010 - 17:59
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Dude Jon, your review is fantastic! Exactly what I feel about the band right now...
20.06.2010 - 19:49
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Too much sameness....dont want to make the Eluveitie comparison (since Equilibrium is a far superior band) but its hard not to. I was a massive fan of Turis Fratyr, absolutely blown away. Then Sagas came along and it was good, but not fresh only more huge. This time around Im just ever so slightly starting to get a bit of stale in my mouth and I doubt I will be able to listen to this album alot as its just so the same.

Hard to know where you draw the line on repitition - it can either be seen as "the albums sound similar because its the band's sound" or "this is purely recycled".

Im leaning to the latter. Obviously Equilibrium has a massive following and why change something when its obviously working so well? So you cant fault the band on being lucky that they didnt have to fiddle around too much with their sound for their fans to love it - Im just not one of those people who find much sustenance in repitition.

Who knows perhaps this whole "epic folk" genre is getting too saturated for me regardless of how good a band is....
20.06.2010 - 20:02
Got Mayhem?

From what I've heard this definitely isn't a 9.4/10 album. I'm not a huge listener of this band but even I can tell that there really isn't anything new going on here...
----
20.06.2010 - 22:22
Windrider
Raureif
Can't agree with most of you, I am just astonished how they managed it to even top those nearly both untoppable (if that's an english word) first albums!
For sure it's quite similiar to them but the actual melodies are not the same, so they have created another epic piece of metal!
Best song for me is so far "Der Wassermann"!

Hits total: 28421 | This month: 15