Metal Storm logo
NintendoCore

04.08.2006 - 17:00
MaritoM@nson
Account deleted
well first time i knew about this genre of music was when i was trying to find some hardcore bands and well i find this band called "HORSE THE BAND" and well this band kick ass!! is a great great band and they said they made NINTENDOCORE music so well try this band and well there are others like: The mad capsule Markets, The Minibosses, Metronome, The Advantage. I think this kind of music i really really GREAT... so what is your opinion about this??
see ya
07.08.2006 - 05:29
..ExoTeaR..

well i havent heard these guys but ive heard plenty of mario and various nintendo classic sounds like donkey kong and shit all in techno, house, trance, whatever forms i didnt mind it purely because my first cousin is a fucken electro freak his cd collection is fucken holy 100's of official cds none burnt all cared for in best possible manner i tell him constantly to start blowing money on vinals cause the fans are want them so fucken much later on but yeah anyway back to nintendo the only reason i thort it was alright is because im immune because his influence on me and i was smashed and trippin fuck yeah i love drugs and bourbon anyhow i shall research these bands and give them shot thanx
----
[-0-] Aussie Aussie Aussie!!!
07.08.2006 - 06:57
MaritoM@nson
Account deleted
try first Horse the band ... is a great band, download the song "Bunnies" it's totally crazy!!
07.08.2006 - 07:00
Endoftherainbow

HORSE the Band are fucking off the wall that song Birdo is intense I wish I would have thought of something as genius as singing a song about that Pink thing from Super Mario 2 and then to make it even better having a breakdown about throwing the eggs it shoots at you back to defeat him. I've heard all there albums aswell as seen some of their dvd has anyone else here seen it? Those keyboards in their songs are also hillarious such a great band. My second favorite Nintendocore band is the minibosses but still in this genre nothing compares to HORSE the Band.

HORSE the Band
07.08.2006 - 07:04
MaritoM@nson
Account deleted
HAVE YOU LISTEN TO THIS BAND CALLED THE MAD CAPSULE MARKET'S... well i buy the ozzfest 10th anniversary dvd and i found a video of this group and i really like it... it's like industrial/nintendo/punk well download pulse is really great!!
07.08.2006 - 08:03
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I never knew Mad Capsule Markets are considered NintendoCore...I never bothered to check the lyrics out cuz I thought they sang in Japanese. I've heard a few songs and thought they were decent, but I probably won't listen to them again.
07.08.2006 - 16:41
MaritoM@nson
Account deleted
well i don't considere the Mad Capsule Markets a Nintendocore band i said they were like industrial/nintendo/punk J band... and they are good
10.08.2006 - 22:09
MaritoM@nson
Account deleted
well if anybody knows more NINTENDOCORE bands ... tell me about them plz!
06.02.2008 - 18:00
Lord TJ

Odd that I have not seen this thread before! I heard some band before with nintendoness and that was something I could not of really forseen to come! I should check out more in the future though.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
06.02.2008 - 18:54
Deadsoulman

Electro Static Discharge

When I first came across this band they were referring to their music as "8-bit epic grim br00tal METUL", similar to "The thunderous decree of the Gods of True Metal as they bless our weapons, both steel and silicon, with their cosmic star-spanning might, mixed with the distorted screams of posers who have dared to provoke the wrath of the Metal Gods."
06.02.2008 - 20:30
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Yeah, I've heard Horse: The Band and they're pretty good but that's the only one I've heard...
07.02.2008 - 00:37
selken
Irreligious
Ive just found MegaDrive, they brought me very joyful memories about TopGear and Ninja Gaiden. Aweeeeesome!!
----
11.02.2008 - 20:37
Stigma
Account deleted
I'm not really sure if these guys can be called as "NintendoCore", but check out Darangen from OC-Remix.
13.02.2008 - 13:43
Severed Survival
Account deleted
HORSE the band is probably the only hardcore (metal) band I like, this stuff is brilliant!
23.02.2008 - 06:37
I, The Quatropus

I don't know if it's completely considered NintendoCore, but Sky Eats Airplane = epic. I suggest the songs Giants In The Ocean or The Honest Hitch Hiker.
----
Burzum did it for the lulz
29.02.2008 - 05:23
AntaeusM
Elite
Nintendocore is a silly term that should be avoided. Koji Kondo would feel honoured, though Anyway, in videogame music I hardly noticed any improvement after some band covered it, or remade a song from a videogame. You can try to download some Overclock remixes though. They are a group of videogamers who remix videogame music with Fruity Loops. Some of those remixes are really well done.
04.04.2008 - 00:08
Colony
Account deleted
There's another band that I feel can be considered in this genre if we're willing to call it that. As The World Fades. They're emo, they're screamo but damn they like Nintendo. Here's some of their song names:

"World 6 With No Warp Flute"
"One More Game Please, Mom"

And in their song "Canishoryuken" they even say:

"Press A, Press B
Combo Your Enemy"

I'm going to see them live May 1st and my friend's friend is in the band
05.04.2008 - 22:59
Zombie, M.D.

I guess my band Pigshit could be called Nintendocore. More like Nintendo Death Grind, I guess.

www.myspace.com/pigshitpigshit
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
06.04.2008 - 01:51
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
I heard "Bunnies" and wow, wtf......I don't know what to say.