03. Sworn In The Metal Wind
04. The Song Of Air
05. World Through My Fateless Eyes
06. Perfect Warrior
07. Denial Of Fate
08. Welcome Back
09. The Kingdom Of My Will
10. The Redintegration

Debut album of this new heavy/power German band, which has member who where in the heart of Hammerfall when it was born. Some people have blamed them not to be original and just to be a copy of Manowar, the true kings of metal. Well, after listening the album carefully for more than twice, I must warn Manowar that their throne is in danger, because Lost Horizon have the metal heart and the spirit enough to conquer it.

The sound of this band is really influenced by Manowar, but they are not just copying. Lost Horizon have also added to their songs a more epic and power metal style, more melodic sound, and the result is excellent. In songs like ?Wellcome back? or ?Heart of Storm? no one can say they sound like MANOWAR. The album has 10 tracks but only 7 of them are real songs, the other 3 tracks are just sounds in the intro and outro of the album. The composition is great and all the songs have a rhythm and a melody very characteristic. The guitars combine perfectly with the drums and the voice to give us a sound which seems natural, but only a few musicicans can play like this. The lyrics are epic and a little spiritual oriented.

The future of Heavy/power metal is here, and his name is LOST HORIZON!

Written by Satariel | 17.09.2003

Guest review disclaimer:
This is a guest review, which means it does not necessarily represent the point of view of the MS Staff.

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 106 users
14.02.2010 - 16:33
Rating: 10
Mountain King
K i K o
They are not German!
15.02.2010 - 01:12
Rating: 8
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Good album but i think A Flame To The Ground Beneath is much better!
21.10.2010 - 15:21
Andreas

I can get this one for 5 euros. Fair price?
21.10.2010 - 15:29
Rating: 8
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
More than fair.
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.

Hits total: 6635 | This month: 21