Metal Storm logo
Origin - Part Ways With Vocalist, Replacement Announced

US metallers Origin have posted the following statement on their MySpace blog:

"Origin and Extreme Management Group, Inc. are proud to announce the first set of dates for Origin's 2010 spring/summer tour campaign.

Origin will be visiting Australia and New Zealand for the first time ever and will also be returning to Europe. We can not wait to return to our European friends and fans, and look forward to meeting new people in Australia and New Zealand.

As it's been speculated elsewhere, James Lee is no longer a part or Origin. After 9 plus years with the band, it unfortunately came time for Lee and Origin to part ways.

On these tours, please welcome to the stage Mica "Maniac" Meneke (Sol Asunder, Ontogeny, The Faceless, Legion Victorious) on vocals. We are confident that Origin will raise the bar in 2010. We have a few surprises in store, so get ready."

Sincerely, Origin and Extreme Management."

(Also thanks to Dangerboner)

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Origin
Posted: 18.02.2010 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 65 users
19.02.2010 - 00:21
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Balls! I'm a big fan of his vocals. Of the various bands the new vocalist has been with, I've only heard The Faceless, and I didn't enjoy what I heard. It'll be interesting to see where they go with this.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
19.02.2010 - 05:01
BenWasHere

At first i was like
then I read who was replacing him and i was like
19.02.2010 - 06:50
BudDa

Written by Troy Killjoy on 19.02.2010 at 00:21

Balls! I'm a big fan of his vocals. Of the various bands the new vocalist has been with, I've only heard The Faceless, and I didn't enjoy what I heard. It'll be interesting to see where they go with this.

U and me both..
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
20.02.2010 - 11:08
Thryce
Retired Staff
Good luck replacing this guy.

Meneke will only be a temporary touring member, right?
----
Your favorite band sucks.
20.02.2010 - 23:21
worm_is_gloaming

Fuck. This is unfortunate. "Freight train" James is irreplaceable, that's some mighty big shoes for Origin to fill. Drank and hung out with him a couple times after shows, great down to earth fellow, no bullshit and no primadonna shit, just fucking death metal all the fucking time. That is the way it got to be.
22.02.2010 - 06:27
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Thryce on 20.02.2010 at 11:08

Good luck replacing this guy.

Meneke will only be a temporary touring member, right?

Yeah I'm pretty sure... or at least hoping he's only temporary. If they do what bands like Cryptopsy, Lamb of God, and Psycroptic have been doing, I'll just be sad. Those shouty vocals are really trendy in extreme metal nowadays, so I won't be surprised, even though I can't imagine how it'll work with their current sound.

It's gonna be hard replacing James' crazy high shrieks.

Hits total: 3438 | This month: 4