Metal Storm logo
Apocalyptica

Original post

Posted by Bitch Boy, 05.08.2006 - 03:31
I looked for a topic about this amazing band but didn't find, so here it is. Better known in their earlier works for covering such bands like Sepultura, Pantera, Slayer and obviously Metallica, they've now turned their sound into something more melodic, electric and adding drums (since Reflections) and guest vocals (since Cult).

So what do you think about Metallica's and other bands' covers? Do you like their progression or do you really miss "Inquisition Symphony" and "Plays Metallica"?
01.05.2007 - 04:49
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Im just starting to get into these guys, I think Im gonna buy "Reflections" pretty soon, very interesting and unique band.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
01.05.2007 - 11:33
Nazeef

Apocalyptica is a very interesting project that carries originality and guarantees another dimension of the sound of heavy rock. Cellos are offering a very different taste, however, it still grooves and kick ass!
Metallica's Covers are absolutely the best presentation done by these finnish real Metal Heads...
Cult, Apocalyptica and Reflections are good, but it's really more amazing to listen to your favorite Metallica's songs played by a sound coming from early ages!!!
----
http://www.myspace.com/shallishine
01.05.2007 - 21:39
Bitch Boy

@ Dr.Rock: if you want to get into this guys you should try "Cult" first, it has both their songs and Metallica covers. Heavier sound than "Reflections" or "Apocalyptica".

@ Myself: originality is what Apocalyptica is all about, even when they've made lots of covers, not only from Metallica.
02.05.2007 - 00:34
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Bitch Boy on 01.05.2007 at 21:39

@ Dr.Rock: if you want to get into this guys you should try "Cult" first, it has both their songs and Metallica covers. Heavier sound than "Reflections" or "Apocalyptica".

Yeah but I really dont like Metalica, and so far all the songs Ive heard from them that Ive liked are on Reflections.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
02.05.2007 - 00:51
Bitch Boy

@ Dr.Rock: ok sorry dude "Reflections" is a good album indeed.
02.05.2007 - 01:00
tulkas
el parcero
for some reason I've never liked apocalyptica. I know a lot of people will attack me for this, hehe, but I actually find it boring and neverchanging, it's like the same all the time.
even though they're really good in their instruments, I still don't like it...
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
02.05.2007 - 06:21
Bitch Boy

@ tulkas: you should listen at least one song from each album in order to say they're "neverchanging". They've clearly changed their sound, including some elements like electric cellos, drums, guest vocals, and more stuff they didn't use in the first releases. You can't say that "Reflections" sounds the same as "Inquisition Symphony".
02.05.2007 - 12:06
GT
Coffee!!
@tulkas: no need to attack you eventhough I don't agree. Taste is a matter of opinion, and yours is as good as mine. But I second Bitch Boy's suggestion about giving a song from their different albums a listen. I find them very changing and evolving
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
08.05.2007 - 12:24
Elodie Artour
Slania
Apocalyptica rock!I saw them live in Sofia last year.Can't wait for the new album!
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
09.05.2007 - 14:26
SirHooke

I went to see them in Brussels (for free) last year. I didn't really have any expectations, but I was really really impressed. They put up a great show and the crowd was loving it . I think even the politicians were impressed
09.05.2007 - 22:22
Elodie Artour
Slania
LOL.

Now,this sounds good.
----
10.05.2007 - 00:54
KrystDopey
Account deleted
I think they really stepped up since they started making their own music. SO i guess no i dont miss their covers at all. the covers thing were too gimmicky for me.
13.05.2007 - 16:06
Elodie Artour
Slania
Yesterday Apocalyptica rocked indeed!(On Eurovision,I mean.)
----
13.05.2007 - 16:27
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
There is a video of their performance on youtube - for those fans not in europe.

The pics aren't all that good - too far away , but the sound is ok .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50guHStxOV4
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
13.05.2007 - 17:04
Elodie Artour
Slania
Written by Nimlot on 18.08.2006 at 09:38

It's a great band, I really love it but the guest vocalists ruin it for me.

I was so happy when I was told that Apocalyptica is coming to Bulgaria, I was really excited but my parents didn't let me go to the concert Not fair

Haha.I went on their concert in Sofia last year.
----
13.05.2007 - 17:18
GT
Coffee!!
Written by hanna of steel on 13.05.2007 at 16:27

There is a video of their performance on youtube - for those fans not in europe.

The pics aren't all that good - too far away , but the sound is ok .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50guHStxOV4

Hanna you are my savior...missed their performance last night so thank you for the link
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
14.05.2007 - 05:14
Reverie

I found a Smells like teen spirit cover... o_o could it be?
----
In the corner beside my window...
There hangs a lonely photograph...

There is a wound that's always bleeding...
There is a road I'm always walking...
14.05.2007 - 05:38
Bitch Boy

The presentation was boring, it took me 2 minutes to find where the hell were them, because the ballet was the main attraction for the camera.

@ hanna: thanks for the link anyway
14.05.2007 - 10:55
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
@ GT & Bitch Boy - no problem.

I have found a better video now - you can actually see Apocalyptica in this one !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi4DGaQzB2A
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
14.05.2007 - 20:12
SirHooke

I missed their show on tv, I probably turned of the TV.. (there wasn't anything interesting there, except for finlands entry I think)
18.05.2007 - 23:42
Nimlot
A. Reader
Written by Elodie Artour on 13.05.2007 at 17:04

Written by Nimlot on 18.08.2006 at 09:38

It's a great band, I really love it but the guest vocalists ruin it for me.

I was so happy when I was told that Apocalyptica is coming to Bulgaria, I was really excited but my parents didn't let me go to the concert Not fair

Haha.I went on theri concert in Sofia last year.

well this is a msg from last year
18.05.2007 - 23:53
Elodie Artour
Slania
I know.But I HAVE been on this gig.
----
19.05.2007 - 00:49
darksun

I couldn't watch their great performances in Eurovision because of damn turkish Tv.They left the show in the half.
----
Dark is the sunlight,we cast the life together
Dark is the sunlight or I'm blind forever..
19.05.2007 - 22:39
Warman
Erotic Stains
They were without doubt the best at Eurovision! But what did one expect?
I'm thinking of seeing them live in autumn. Didn't know they were famous enough to play at Arenan here, the same place as Children of Bodom and IN FLAMES usually have their shows when they're here in Stockholm.
----
20.05.2007 - 17:24
Elodie Artour
Slania
Of course they're famous.Apocalyptica rock!
----
20.05.2007 - 18:00
Artemis
Account deleted
The are one of my favs! No one before them had the courage to make covers with cellos of Metallica, Slayer... And at the end they made some kind of unique mixture that can't leave you indifferent! I was on their concert, almost a year before, in Skopje, and the rocked!!! The atmosphere was so damn good!!! The performed an excellent live show which i will always remember. I would be happy if i go to their concert again!
Greetings.
05.06.2007 - 16:27
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Guest on 20.05.2007 at 18:00

No one before them had the courage to make covers with cellos of Metallica, Slayer...

I wouldn't say courage, I just think they were the first band to come up with the idea of playing Metal with just cellos.
----
05.06.2007 - 21:17
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
So, in case people here haven't heard yet, Apocalyptica has been forced to cancel their gig with Metallica. Perttu broke his hand and can't play. He'll be unable to play from 2 to 6 months. It may be possible that they'll have to cancel even some of the concerts of their Autumn tour or at least find someone else to play Perttu's parts.
----
You'll never walk alone.
05.06.2007 - 22:30
Elodie Artour
Slania
Oh.
Poor Perttu.
----
06.06.2007 - 02:35
Bitch Boy

That's really bad news!!! I would love to see them playing with Metallica