Metal Storm logo
Xandria - Part Ways With Vocalist

German Symphonic metal act Xandria wants to share the following good and bad news with you:

"First the bad ones: it now appears that Kerstin Bischof (guest for Axxis) - who joined the band about a year ago - unfortunately can't be the permanent new singer of Xandria. Due to occupational and private reasons she wants to concentrate on her non-musical career in the future and cannot support Xandria the way it would be necessary. We wish her all the best for the future!

So here and now we are searching for a new singer again, details for applications follow in a few days. We know that you are waiting for a new album, and we are very sorry for keeping you waiting even longer for the new songs, with which we actually wanted to enter the recording studio now.

The good news is that we will play the coming concerts nevertheless, cause our old singer Lisa Middelhauve (guest for Celtic Frost) has agreed to step in for them. But she will not enter the band again, so this will be an unexpected last opportunity for many fans to experience her on stage with Xandria once more!"

Tour dates:

19.03.2010 - Mexico City (MX) - Multiforo Tlalpan (Showtime: 19:00)
19.03.2010 - Teotihuacan (MX) - Rockstk Festival (Showtime: 00:30)
20.03.2010 - Puebla (MX) - Estudio 803
21.03.2010 - Tabasco (MX) - El Rock Nos Une Festival
07.05.2010 - Thessaloniki (GR) - 8Ball Club
08.05.2010 - Athens (GR) - AN Club
10.07.2010 - Rockmaraton Festival - Pécs (HU)

[Also thanks to SlaytallicA]

Source: xandria.de
Band profile: Xandria
Posted: 19.02.2010 by Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 93 users
20.02.2010 - 05:16
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Hahaha i knew a girl named Xandria when i was in elementary school.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
20.02.2010 - 09:55
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Well, I'm disappointed the band won't be able to record this year... it seems like they were ready to I'm indifferent to her leaving as I never saw her live or on studio recordings. Hopefully this does not discourage the band and they can find another singer in 2010
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
20.02.2010 - 15:39
BudDa

BRING BACK Lisa Middelhauve!!
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
20.02.2010 - 17:43
GT
Coffee!!
I totally missed the leaving of the last one... hope they'll find a good replacement
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
05.03.2010 - 11:40
Elodie Artour
Slania
I can't believe this is is all happening: Anette Olzon - being pregnant, Theatre Of Tragedy - disbanded and now these news! Guys, that's just too much for me.

I miss Lisa soo much! It is also a shame that Bulgaria is near Greece but I probably won't be able to see Xandria live with my favourite Lisa... Besides that, even if there was such an opportunity for me, I'd have to choose between Xandria and Sonisphere. Crap! ;(

EDIT: Guess who's going to Xandria's gig in Athens?

I can't wait any more! I didn't even have to choose between that concert and Sonisphere Sofia. Thanks, Mom! (Just wanted to share my happiness here. )
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...

Hits total: 3186 | This month: 4