Metal Storm logo
Stryper - Busy Recording Cover Album

At the beginning of the week Stryper frontman Michael Sweet announced his band is about to start recording a new album of cover songs from bands that influenced Stryper musically growing up.

Now, the Stryper vocalist/guitarist also announced he decided to periodically release the specific songs the band will be recording via his personal twitter account. You can join him on twitter and be the first to know the songs Stryper will be covering for this upcoming album. This will be the only place the band'll be releasing this information.

Confirmed cover songs so far include "Breaking The Law" by Judas Priest, "The Trooper" by Iron Maiden and "Blackout" by Scorpions.

According to the February 15 message, the band "wanted to step outside the box and record a record that shows you, the fans, where we come from - our historical, musical roots so to speak. It's a side to Stryper that no one has really seen or heard before, or at least quite like this. We grew up listening to many different styles of music and there is a list of bands that influenced us throughout our musical education. Bands like Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Scorpions, Van Halen, UFO, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Queen, Kansas and many others, helped to shape our sound and make us who we are today, musically speaking." You can find the full message here.

Source: stryper.com
Band profile: Stryper
Posted: 20.02.2010 by Ellrohir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 65 users
20.02.2010 - 14:41
CHEF METALHEAD
KEEP IT METAL
To hell with the devil........
----
Chef Metal Head
20.02.2010 - 15:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I wanna hear it looks good
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.02.2010 - 17:31
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
elite
This should be a real fun album.
----
(space for rent)
20.02.2010 - 21:27
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
They arent really my thing, but i'll check this out. i mean, they couldnt fuck the songs up that bad.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
20.02.2010 - 23:53
Fat & Sassy!
elite
The Trooper? They should be cheeky and cover The Number of the Beast. XD

To hell with--6! 6! 6! The number of the beast! >:[
21.02.2010 - 06:42
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
I hope they cover something from Slayer.
----
Christless
21.02.2010 - 12:06
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Why only i think they wont
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

22.02.2010 - 06:33
Storm Rider
I wanna hear too, hope there's something new in their music......Always There For You
23.02.2010 - 08:50
Shadowcross
The Summoner
Interesting choices a good move from Stryper..

As a side note, I see they are touring Australia soon.. very unexpected!
23.02.2010 - 22:24
Gague
Yeaahhhhhhhhhh!
----
ʛʌҕʊɜ

Hits total: 2717 | This month: 1