Metal Storm logo
Upcoming Shows Woes

22.02.2010 - 00:39
xclaw

Hey,

Did a search and couldn't find anything with the terms I chose to use. Anyways, I can't for the live of me get the Upcoming Shows sidebar to show any results except for when I use Canada in the country settings. I'd like to just have "Vancouver" but can't seem to get it to work. I've even tried other Canadian cities and nothing will display results. Can anyone else get just Vancouver to display and if so what are you using in your settings?
22.02.2010 - 00:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by xclaw on 22.02.2010 at 00:39

Hey,

Did a search and couldn't find anything with the terms I chose to use. Anyways, I can't for the live of me get the Upcoming Shows sidebar to show any results except for when I use Canada in the country settings. I'd like to just have "Vancouver" but can't seem to get it to work. I've even tried other Canadian cities and nothing will display results. Can anyone else get just Vancouver to display and if so what are you using in your settings?

here you go
http://www.metalstorm.ee/events/events.php?e_what=Vancouve&e_where=e.city&events_upcoming=on
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.02.2010 - 00:54
xclaw

Ya, I can get that to work just fine. I was hoping I could get those results to appear in the main site sidebar tho. In your profile settings you can tweak it out to display various locations and I can only get the country field to work with Canada.

Or is there a way to turn that URL into a sidebar?
22.02.2010 - 01:05
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by xclaw on 22.02.2010 at 00:39

Hey,

It should work. I've tried with Vancouver as well and it doesn't work. I've also tried with a Dutch city and it did work. Strange.

Just so we're clear on this - you did not put the above dropbox on 'hide', did you?
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
22.02.2010 - 01:32
xclaw

Nope, it's set to display "15". It's strange, I can pretty much everything but a Canadian city to display properly.
22.02.2010 - 10:35
Ivan
Retired Admin
The problem is, the state abbreviation is part of the city name, and city name must be an exact match - which means you need to type "Vancouver, BC". Add both "Vancouver" and "Vancouver, BC" just to be sure

Actually it's explained in the Settings panel, under "Cities". If it's not obvious enough, I'll try to change the description.
22.02.2010 - 12:25
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Well, in defense of xclaw, I tried that but it automatically converts to:

Vancouver
BC

(with a space in front of BC, which doesnt show here)
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
22.02.2010 - 13:55
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Do you have both the city and country input?
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
22.02.2010 - 14:06
Ivan
Retired Admin
Written by Lucas on 22.02.2010 at 12:25

Well, in defense of xclaw, I tried that but it automatically converts to:

Vancouver
BC

(with a space in front of BC, which doesnt show here)

Eh, my bad, never tested properly. Fixed now. You will have to re-enter cities with states though.
22.02.2010 - 18:04
xclaw

Awesome, works like a charm now. Thanks for the quick fix! Much appreciated.