Metal Storm logo
Staff picks

26.02.2010 - 18:53
Ivan
Retired Admin
There's a new page in the Albums section - Staff picks, a system to recommend the latest kick-ass albums to you, our users. It's also available in random rotation on the front page. There are only two picks at the moment, but we'll regularly add more, so pay attention.

For your convenience, there's a link to the album review and a MySpace player pop-up (where available). "Thumbs up" lists other Staff members who would also like to recommend the album.
26.02.2010 - 19:07
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I like this idea, especially with the "thumbs up" as it gives more incite into exactly who else among the Staff approves of the album as a Staff Pick. Is there any way your Average Joe can do this with say a group of "friends" (like a list collaboration) from around the site? Or would one just write an article about their personal "Top [number] Of All-Time" and read any potential comments that follow...?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
26.02.2010 - 19:14
Ivan
Retired Admin
Written by Troy Killjoy on 26.02.2010 at 19:07

I like this idea, especially with the "thumbs up" as it gives more incite into exactly who else among the Staff approves of the album as a Staff Pick. Is there any way your Average Joe can do this with say a group of "friends" (like a list collaboration) from around the site? Or would one just write an article about their personal "Top [number] Of All-Time" and read any potential comments that follow...?

Hehe, this is actually a top-secret thing I'm working on. Stay tuned
26.02.2010 - 19:27
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Awesome stuff, I'm looking forward to the outcome!
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
26.02.2010 - 19:31
Fat & Sassy!

MS just got a whole lot more sexy--uh... I mean, better. >:[
26.02.2010 - 19:39
DayFly

Great feature. Be sure to update regularly.
26.02.2010 - 20:43
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Oh, what about adding links in Staff profiles to their list of picks? Similar to the reviews/posts links underneath their avatar. That way you can look through a specific member's picks.
----
26.02.2010 - 21:30
Mikyz

I really like this addition Because I usually go to the staffs' profiles to see what are their recent favorites, but some of do not rate like jupitreas, so yeah it facilitates the Metal Storming experience.
----
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
27.02.2010 - 13:00
Ivan
Retired Admin
Written by Troy Killjoy on 26.02.2010 at 20:43

Oh, what about adding links in Staff profiles to their list of picks? Similar to the reviews/posts links underneath their avatar. That way you can look through a specific member's picks.

Done.