05. Wings
06. Love Is...
07. Future Assault
08. It'sYou
09. Desire Lasts Forever
10. Radioaktivitat [bonus]
11. Untitled [bonus]
12. Untitled [bonus]

GIRLS UNDER GLASS, that's a pretty uncommon name, as a matter of fact, I can't imagine a single reason why anybody would name their band GIRLS UNDER GLASS, if anybody knows why, please feel free to send me an e-mail telling me why. Is eating me alive.

Anyway apart from an unusual name, what does this band offer us? Gothic Rock with Electronic Influences, nothing less, nothing more. The vocals are handled by a pretty effective duet.

I've have to be honest with all of you, at first I didn't like this, is like? too soft, too mellow and most of the times I was in the mood for something harder, as a matter of fact, this review took me like 2 weeks to write, because I didn't had anything to say about this one, and someone told me once "If you don't have anything good to say about something, don't say anything", well, enough of worthless rant, because now I have something to say.

Mellow as it is, I really liked 2 songs, and by that it doesn't mean that the rest of songs suck, well some do. Anyway, "Is This The Place" was a instant hit when I heard it, really good song, catchy chorus, and great female/male duet. "Assault The Future" is another great song, actually I think is the hardest song in the entire Cd, and it has a totally memorable keyboard line.

I don't mind electronic sounds and that type of stuff in music, but I know some people do, so, if you're one of those, stay away from this one, I has a lot of electronic sounds and sampling. But if you like mellow Gothic Rock, with influences of early 80's Gothic Bands, try this one, I'll stick to my typical bad-ass Metal bands

Written by Undercraft | 09.10.2003

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 9 users
01.03.2010 - 20:42
vanishing_dream

I was ordering some Lacrimosa stuff from the Hall of Sermon shop and took this along just for curiosity (interesting cover art...and cheap price). Just like the reviewer above, I first thought the music was boring, but later I began to like it. I'd give it a 7 as well.

Hits total: 3264 | This month: 4