12. The Spirit Will Remain
13. Children Of Steel [bonus]
14. Mysteria [feat. Mille Petrozza] [bonus]

Staff review by
Malcolm
Rating:
Coming Out: 15 March 2004.

They are back!!!!!!
The Midges of Metal, the Savage ones, the pride of Germany. It's Edguy I'm talking about, so you don't misunderstand me.
"Hellfire Club" is the name of the game, the first with their new label Nuclear Blast, and what an album, ladies and gentlemen, what an album!

Read more ››
published 26.01.2004 | Comments (7)

Staff review by
Dream Taster
Rating:
The long-awaited album from Edguy, finally entitled "Hellfire Club" , is once again a terrific masterpiece of German Power Metal. Successor to the magnificent "Mandrake" and the live album "Burning Down The Opera", this new album marks the beginning of a deal with Nuclear Blast after a long period with AFM Records.

Read more ››
published 29.05.2004 | Comments (7)

Found in 20 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 13   Visited by: 727 users
01.03.2010 - 20:47
Rating: 7
JÄY
Metal slave
I used to really like this album....but now it just seems like a stupid heavy rock thing and i see it as the beginning of the end of edguy.....the 3 albums before this are much better imo
02.03.2010 - 01:19
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I also like the 3 previous albums (especially Theater Of Salvation) a bit better, but sill - this is also very very good album by them
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

26.06.2011 - 00:24
Rating: 10
Deny Reality

Oho. I've just been introduced to this album, after hearing "Rocket Ride", it's clearly better.
Absolutely love this album.
21.11.2016 - 14:53
Rating: 6
Kuroboshi

Too many hair-raisingly bad ballads ruining the party.
13.01.2020 - 14:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
When you listen Avantasia modern one, then turn back to this its simply a killer album, its pure Hm and true Pm what I like, killer blast, song structure, riffs, vocals,e nergy and agresivity its just amazing.

Mysteria, The Piper Never Dies, Lavatory sex machine and king of fools are never dying killer blast songs. Its amazing killer, rest of album is equal good
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.09.2020 - 19:59
Rating: 9
Mountain King
K i K o
Written by Kuroboshi on 21.11.2016 at 14:53

Too many hair-raisingly bad ballads ruining the party.

I somehow agree. I never liked "Forever" but "Spirit Will Remain" is cool.
23.09.2020 - 20:00
Mountain King
K i K o
Written by Bad English on 13.01.2020 at 14:42

When you listen Avantasia modern one, then turn back to this its simply a killer album, its pure Hm and true Pm what I like, killer blast, song structure, riffs, vocals,e nergy and agresivity its just amazing.

Mysteria, The Piper Never Dies, Lavatory sex machine and king of fools are never dying killer blast songs. Its amazing killer, rest of album is equal good

Gotta agree with you this time, all those are great songs plus "Down To The Devil" & "We Don't Need A Hero"
20.07.2021 - 10:38
Rating: 10
BennyMetGer

Love this. for me its a perfect power metal album.
17.01.2022 - 10:57
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Has the same catchiness as Mandrake, with the cool riffs, and powerful choruses, this album even sounds heavier to me, but the lyrics are slightly cheesier, and this lacks just those few really top notch songs that Mandrake had, such as The "Pharaoh" and "Tears Of A Mandrake", but overall very consistent and a good indeed
17.01.2022 - 16:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by AndyMetalFreak on 17.01.2022 at 10:57

Has the same catchiness as Mandrake, with the cool riffs, and powerful choruses, this album even sounds heavier to me, but the lyrics are slightly cheesier, and this lacks just those few really top notch songs that Mandrake had, such as The "Pharaoh" and "Tears Of A Mandrake", but overall very consistent and a good indeed

Reading this I think Avantasis needs Jens Ludvig as riff writer, sad that his best project is on hiatus, other is running almost in Eurovision
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.01.2022 - 19:10
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Written by Bad English on 17.01.2022 at 16:09

Written by AndyMetalFreak on 17.01.2022 at 10:57

Reading this I think Avantasis needs Jens Ludvig as riff writer, sad that his best project is on hiatus, other is running almost in Eurovision

I agree, with Jens this has the cool riffs with the catchy melodies, but it's not too overdone to the point where it becomes poppish. Jens would be great for Avantasia.
24.10.2023 - 12:34
Rating: 8
majormalfunction

Could be my favourite album of them even if it contains some of the worst songs from them to this point. Under the Moon, Mysteria, Navigator, The Piper Never Dies and Down to the Devil are all peak Edguy. Mysteria is an fantastic opener, an aggressive track with some amazing riffs and Tobias sounds great on it. The Piper Never Dies is the blueprint for all those coming 10-minute Avantasia songs. Then there are also three tracks that I can't stand at all. First it's King of Fools, a obvious single track that feels incredible stale, both Lavatory Love Machine and Rise of the Morning Glory is supposed to be fun but comes out as absolutely childish and awkward.
----
Everything's twice as bright with money in your hands
14.02.2024 - 12:32
nonZero

Not quite as good as Mandrake but has some outstanding moments (e.g. 'Mysteria). 8.6/10 overall for me.
----
Top 500 Albums (ordered & rated)
Top 200 Overlooked Albums (with genres)
So I Heard You Like Wintersun... (Time II find new bands)

Hits total: 18538 | This month: 71