Metal Storm logo
Bruce Dickinson

Original post

Posted by GT, 06.08.2006 - 20:24
Just found out that we didn't had a Bruce Dickinson-tread...but now we do...

I'm a big fan of BD. His voice and his singing style are great and unique imo. Also his energy on stage...I haven't seen any other singer running around that much.
I only own 'The Chemical Wedding' and 'Balls To Picasso' form his solo career and it's been a long time since I gave them a listen, but I remember them as being excellent.

That's all from me...now it's your turn
06.12.2006 - 20:05
Anathemani@c

Written by Bad English on 06.12.2006 at 14:06

Written by Anathemani@c on 01.12.2006 at 14:23

To tell the truth I didn't enjoy his last alboum that much, even though I am a fan of BD. However, there some strong parts in the alboum such as Navigate the seas of the sun, Soul intruders and River of no return. Anyway, the best Bruce Dickinson song of his solo carrier is The tears of the dragon. This song just travels you that far you could not even imagine.

No way best his song are all in first albums
''Tattooed Millionre'' great song, also Mott The Hople cover ''All The Young Dudes'' ist best hos song eh firts album all are masterpiece and alos from secend ''Scared Cowboys'' good song and from last what you say about ''Kill Devil Hill'' and I like those songs what you mention

I never loved his solo carrier except from some songs. I cannot say there is one alboum that I will seat and hear to it all. I will go to the next song in two at least songs of every alboum, apart from The accident of birth, maybe ...
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
06.12.2006 - 20:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Anathemani@c - Well I agree, but I realy love firts album and ''alive in studio'' but after ''alive...'' 2 albums was horible, worts of his albums, but after themn it wa slil better but still I dontv like so much muisc, and its like lil' experments whit sound, so IMO best are first album, pure hard rock, but whit out his solo metal world wont be so amazing
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.12.2006 - 20:47
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Bad English on 06.12.2006 at 19:30

Written by Warman on 06.12.2006 at 16:08

I've heard that he's going to start with a new album soon, is it true?

maybe I hawnt hear it but still you shood ate when IM will end touring so then Bruce can go to studio an dtry record new one

Haha, yeah you are absolutely right about that my friend
----
07.12.2006 - 14:38
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
The latest album, Tyranny Of Souls, was fucking sweet. to be honest, I haven't delved much into the others... Planning to remove my old Accident Of Birth cassette...
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
16.01.2007 - 05:10
HeathenBlood
Account deleted
Bruce is a legend...In my opinion he is one of the best singer of Metal area!!..His New album "tyranny of souls" is brilliant!!
He is a multi-talented god of Heavy Metal!!
Bruce rules!!!
02.03.2007 - 14:40
Anathemani@c

Written by Guest on 16.01.2007 at 05:10

Bruce is a legend...In my opinion he is one of the best singer of Metal area!!..His New album "tyranny of souls" is brilliant!!
Bruce rules!!!

He is a legent and one of the best singers in metal but HEY wake up! Dont make things so BIG... There will be a day that you wont even remeber his name, so dont make him or anyone else God.. For christ's sake!
----
Trapped in time
02.03.2007 - 14:51
Anathemani@c

Bruce rules!!!

And of course, I think you should open your horizons and listen to other metal stuff too... Not only the famous metal bands... Try something new. Not only judas priest, iron maiden, bruce dickinson and rob halford
----
Trapped in time
03.03.2007 - 07:16
HeathenBlood
Account deleted
Written by Anathemani@c on 02.03.2007 at 14:51

Bruce rules!!!

And of course, I think you should open your horizons and listen to other metal stuff too... Not only the famous metal bands... Try something new. Not only judas priest, iron maiden, bruce dickinson and rob halford

yes of course...i don't mean to say bruce is a god or something else....
not only maiden and priest but i listen to other more bands..
you can check in my fav.band list..
didn't you see Bands like Amarth ,Burzum...etc..
Anyway thanks for your opinion..
I'll take it positively..you are right...I'll try something new..
thank you
03.03.2007 - 14:33
darksun

I think you should support your view dude.You're absolutelt right bruce is agod and no one on this planet who has even a closer voice to his.CLOSER not as great as it.
----
Dark is the sunlight,we cast the life together
Dark is the sunlight or I'm blind forever..
03.03.2007 - 14:41
Anathemani@c

Written by Guest on 03.03.2007 at 07:16

Written by Anathemani@c on 02.03.2007 at 14:51

Bruce rules!!!

yes of course...i don't mean to say bruce is a god or something else....
not only maiden and priest but i listen to other more bands..
you can check in my fav.band list..
didn't you see Bands like Amarth ,Burzum...etc..
Anyway thanks for your opinion..
I'll take it positively..you are right...I'll try something new..
thank you

Thanks for understanding my point of view. There is nothing personal and I never meant to offend you
----
Trapped in time
03.03.2007 - 14:48
Anathemani@c

Written by darksun on 03.03.2007 at 14:33

I think you should support your view dude.You're absolutelt right bruce is agod and no one on this planet who has even a closer voice to his.CLOSER not as great as it.

Sorry but you ,ust have never heard Rob Halford, Eric Adams or even Tim "Ripper" Owens... There are so many singers that have really fabulous voices... I like Bruce really much, but hey he is not the only one with a great voice... And also, I dont know if you heard the new Maiden alboum.. Nowadays Bruce can sing as good as he could do a decade before. Dio-even if I never liked him that much-is much better even if he is older than Bruce
----
Trapped in time
03.03.2007 - 14:58
darksun

@Anathemaniac:I know all of the gods you mentioned i listened all of them properly.I am sorry i just forgot to add them in my former post.Bruce is the greatest god because he is a great frontman besides his voice.Dio's voice is definetely great though his age you are right.I really thank you for reminding me of him.But again if you are talking about a real metal vocal legend,this is only bruce for me.Andfor a matter of life and death,I guess now he has the greatest voice ever he got.Just like an high quality wine staying through over years.Rob has an incredibly voice and charisma again but he could never got my attention as much as bruce.Eric Adams' voice really competes with bruce but when i listened to live versions,bruce is always one step front.
----
03.03.2007 - 15:00
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Bruce's vocals are quite unique and full of effort. Halford's vocals are also very good, but I find Bruce's vocals more energetic and effortful than Halford's vocals.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
03.03.2007 - 15:06
HeathenBlood
Account deleted
Written by Paganblood on 03.03.2007 at 15:00

Bruce's vocals are quite unique and full of effort. Halford's vocals are also very good, but I find Bruce's vocals more energetic and effortful than Halford's vocals.

thats 100% right friend!!
03.03.2007 - 15:07
Anathemani@c

Written by darksun on 03.03.2007 at 14:58

@Anathemaniac:I know all of the gods you mentioned i listened all of them properly.I am sorry i just forgot to add them in my former post.Bruce is the greatest god because he is a great frontman besides his voice.Dio's voice is definetely great though his age you are right.I really thank you for reminding me of him.But again if you are talking about a real metal vocal legend,this is only bruce for me.Andfor a matter of life and death,I guess now he has the greatest voice ever he got.Just like an high quality wine staying through over years.Rob has an incredibly voice and charisma again but he could never got my attention as much as bruce.Eric Adams' voice really competes with bruce but when i listened to live versions,bruce is always one step front.

Then, you are talking about personal taste.. I never said Bruce is not good vocalist, but I dont think you should(and any of us) make him a god..I admire him as much as you do, but FFS dont make him a god.. That is just my personal opinion:yes:
----
Trapped in time
03.03.2007 - 15:13
darksun

Yes it mostly depends on my personal taste but i always think he is a god.No better voice for me than his.May be a bit dios.Cuz if i don't say this holy man is god,i hould call othr vocalists as guys who are trying to sing.
----
03.03.2007 - 15:20
HeathenBlood
Account deleted
Written by darksun on 03.03.2007 at 14:58

yes..after a long time you reminded the power of bruce...Bruce is the legend of heavy metal..
still now he has the best performence on stage...
he still has the same energetic vocals...he is Lord Of Heavy Metal...He is my favourite
In "A Matter of Life And Death" he proved us even at the age of 48 he has got the the Best vocals of all time...
Yes...Thats Why Bruce Is BRUCE..
I like Halford Vocals too...In early days...he was great..Nowdays we All know about him..
Specially In Concert He loses his ....what should I say..Yes..Stamina..Nowdaysa he can't sing like old times.
Although Rob Is Still one of my best!
God Bless these Legendary singers!!
21.03.2007 - 23:54
Ultraraw
Account deleted
Bruce is the best heavy metal singer.All albums are avasome,but
my favorite is "Tyranny of souls" album
27.03.2007 - 18:58
hybridstigmata47
Account deleted
bruce dickinson is one of the greatest metal singers of all time, if the not the best. his vocal range and style are top notch. i've seen live videos of maiden and his energy on stage is amazing. the crowd interaction is very good too. all hail bruce! lol:banger:
28.03.2007 - 13:53
Wiille
Account deleted
I didn't expected much when I borrowed Bruces 'Chemical Wedding' from library. And i felt for it! The title song is good and the CW was more heavy than Maiden albums. And what I noticed is that in the album, there is Adrian Smith playnig on the guitar! Points for that!
29.03.2007 - 13:27
GT
Coffee!!
@Wiille: yes CW is an exellent album...it has the Iron Maiden feeling, just a little more heavy. It's my favorite BD album
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
29.03.2007 - 16:49
Anathemani@c

What about the accident of birth? Most media advertise that alboum as his best...
----
Trapped in time
29.03.2007 - 19:53
Wiille
Account deleted
Written by Anathemani@c on 29.03.2007 at 16:49

What about the accident of birth? Most media advertise that alboum as his best...

I haven't listened to that album.......yet
30.03.2007 - 13:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Anathemani@c on 29.03.2007 at 16:49

Man I dont klnow whitc album are best, but read my psot about albums sometimes in alst summer in this tread IMO best are Tattooed, then ehh also Alive in Studia, then 2 albums are not good, but then all alre avangard masterpiece
----

apos;'
[image]
27.09.2007 - 22:43
GT
Coffee!!
Anyone heard about Bruce making a movie? Can't remember where I read it, but I think it was about Alistair Crowley. Does some one have more info?
----

28.09.2007 - 20:43
Angel-Dust
Account deleted
I love Tears Of The Dragon, it's a great song.
01.10.2007 - 15:03
GT
Coffee!!
@Angel-Dust: agree it's an amazing song with lots of emotions and good music
----

01.10.2007 - 15:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by GT on 01.10.2007 at 15:03

IMO best emeotional song of Bruce
----

apos;'
[image]
01.10.2007 - 17:39
legend_destroyer
Account deleted
.... is a god
01.10.2007 - 17:51
GT
Coffee!!
Written by Bad English on 01.10.2007 at 15:14

Written by GT on 01.10.2007 at 15:03

IMO best emeotional song of Bruce

Yeah you're probably right...haven't heard all BD's solo stuff so that's why I didn't label it 'the best'
----