Metal Storm logo
New feature: Top lists

02.03.2010 - 09:51
Ivan
Retired Admin
A happy day many of you dreamed about has come! Any registered user can now create their own kick-ass looking lists... of anything. I decided not to limit them to albums only, so it can be anything, as long as it's metal-related. If you're now dying to have a look, here are some examples.

The lists will be mostly for private use (like Collections), but you can show them to your friends and you can 'thumb-up' other people's lists. The lists will appear in user profiles and on album pages (relevant ones). There's also a link in the Albums section submenu. To create your own list, go to the index page or an individual list page and click the 'Create a list!' link in the upper right corner.

Please make sure you read the instructions, there are a few useful examples at the bottom of the Add list page.
By the way, some people asked for a list of bands you've seen live - this new feature can be used for that as well! The only limitation is 50 entries, but it can be split into several lists.

Another way to create a list is to select albums in your Collection, then click a 'Create a list' button below. This way you can easily filter your Collection by year, style or band and create a list with a lot less effort.

Have fun!

P.S. The new notification for friends' publications will work for lists too, and can be disabled in the same way. More about it here.
02.03.2010 - 10:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Looks good, even make a list its be like Marcel's list but top 50 in 2010 because its almoust not possible make it , but its be interesting see others people list, even mine might be best of doom , bets of heavy etc
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.03.2010 - 11:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Why I cant upload pic
Candlemass pic who is 100X100 px,

It says error
?Image width must be at least 150px.
?Image height must be at least 150px.
----

apos;'
[image]
02.03.2010 - 11:42
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Bad English on 02.03.2010 at 11:27

Why I cant upload pic
Candlemass pic who is 100X100 px,

It says error
•Image width must be at least 150px.
•Image height must be at least 150px.

Your pic is 100x100. It has to be at least 150x150. Find a bigger pic.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
02.03.2010 - 13:24
Warman
Erotic Stains
Oh, I'm going to have some fun with this.
----
02.03.2010 - 13:35
Hamird
Lieutenant
This one is something great and let us to have fun..

But there's something as a suggestion.. A comment gadget can make it better, na?
02.03.2010 - 18:04
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Super cool! Starting the lists as soon as possible

Appear on album pages is very awesome too.. but what you mean with ''relevant ones''?
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
02.03.2010 - 18:26
Ivan
Retired Admin
Written by Hamird on 02.03.2010 at 13:35

But there's something as a suggestion.. A comment gadget can make it better, na?

I don't think this is something that warrants a comments page, sorry.
02.03.2010 - 18:28
Ivan
Retired Admin
Written by Uirapuru on 02.03.2010 at 18:04

Appear on album pages is very awesome too.. but what you mean with ''relevant ones''?

Well, naturally, only the lists which feature that album will be shown.
02.03.2010 - 18:35
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Ivan on 02.03.2010 at 18:26

Written by Hamird on 02.03.2010 at 13:35

I don't think this is something that warrants a comments page, sorry.

Well yes, when I posted this I wasn't aware of thumb-up feature.. That's enough and no need for comments.. I got it.
02.03.2010 - 19:11
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
I think we need to set up an intervention for Dangerboner... he's got more lists than there are actual metal albums.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
02.03.2010 - 19:21
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by Ivan on 02.03.2010 at 18:28

Written by Uirapuru on 02.03.2010 at 18:04

Well, naturally, only the lists which feature that album will be shown.

Of course XD.. I didnt get it right before...
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
02.03.2010 - 19:29
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Technical - (at least i see) the font of "linking checking" smaller than the rows of the list, so it is harder to link together what belong to what...i agree it is practically only a matter of self-indulgence and laziness, but it would help
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

02.03.2010 - 20:16
Ivan
Retired Admin
Written by Ellrohir on 02.03.2010 at 19:29

Technical - (at least i see) the font of "linking checking" smaller than the rows of the list, so it is harder to link together what belong to what...i agree it is practically only a matter of self-indulgence and laziness, but it would help

The lines should match, actually... Which browser do you use?
03.03.2010 - 00:42
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
It was at school in Opera and under some distribution of Linux (if that should be any difference), but kill me if i ever checked which exactly...i also am not sure about the Opera version, but probably some quite recent one, since our software is updated often
----

03.03.2010 - 10:19
Ivan
Retired Admin
Written by Ellrohir on 03.03.2010 at 00:42

It was at school in Opera and under some distribution of Linux (if that should be any difference), but kill me if i ever checked which exactly...i also am not sure about the Opera version, but probably some quite recent one, since our software is updated often

God, I hate Opera. Always trying to be different... Still, everything shows fine in my Opera, so I don't know what it is, sorry.
03.03.2010 - 10:36
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I'm an avid user of Opera too, uploaded my own list and everything worked fine. Ellrohir, could you perhaps provide a screenshot + version of opera you're using? That might help Ivan out.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
03.03.2010 - 13:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Marcel's TOP 50 each band album has picture how he can get it? I can get only 1 pic, or Im to stupid to get it

I shood import albums from my collection to get it?
----

apos;'
[image]
03.03.2010 - 14:05
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Bad English on 03.03.2010 at 13:55

Marcel's TOP 50 each band album has picture how he can get it? I can get only 1 pic, or Im to stupid to get it

When you create a list at the top there are three possibilities you can choose from. One of them is called "show album covers" or something like that. Then click on that one and select the albums you want to list directly from the drop down menu which should display all the albums you have in your collection on MS.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.03.2010 - 14:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.03.2010 at 14:05

When you create a list at the top there are three possibilities you can choose from. One of them is called "show album covers" or something like that. Then click on that one and select the albums you want to list directly from the drop down menu which should display all the albums you have in your collection on MS.

I see, but there is no those albums whats in my TOP list in my collection, since i dont own them legaly , , but it doesnt metter so much because I can keep this list model to
----

apos;'
[image]
03.03.2010 - 14:15
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Lucas on 03.03.2010 at 10:36

Ellrohir, could you perhaps provide a screenshot + version of opera you're using? That might help Ivan out.

i should do it next time when i will be in school, but this wont be earlier than Friday...

btw. i dont like Opera much either, but something went wrong with school's Firefox (everytime i open new tab, it crashes down) so i had to switch, because i cant live without tabs already
----

03.03.2010 - 14:16
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Bad English on 03.03.2010 at 14:13

I see, but there is no those albums whats in my TOP list in my collection, since i dont own them legaly , , but it doesnt metter so much because I can keep this list model to

I think it also works when you type "bandname | album name | year" so for example "Process Of Guilt | Erosion | 2009"
But NO, I repeat NO spelling mistakes and the album title exactly the way it is mentioned here on MS. So, in your case it might be safer to use copy/paste then.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.03.2010 - 14:58
Ivan
Retired Admin
Written by Bad English on 03.03.2010 at 14:13

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.03.2010 at 14:05

That is because you're using wrong separator between band and album. In your lists it's "W.A.S.P - Babylon", while it should be "W.A.S.P | Babylon". Please read the notes and see examples on the list editing page. If you do everything right, band and abum will be linked to their respective pages and images will appear.
03.03.2010 - 16:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Thank's guys
I try it in eve
Marcel - I coppy past names always do
----

apos;'
[image]
04.03.2010 - 06:22
selken
Irreligious
Three albums among my fav are not metal, nor rock, can I post them along with the metal ones?
----
04.03.2010 - 09:59
Ivan
Retired Admin
Written by selken on 04.03.2010 at 06:22

Three albums among my fav are not metal, nor rock, can I post them along with the metal ones?

Yes.
04.03.2010 - 13:08
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Written by Warman on 02.03.2010 at 13:24

Oh, I'm going to have some fun with this.

Kicks-ass
04.03.2010 - 16:44
Dominus
The Shooter
Great idea
04.03.2010 - 22:29
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Oooh nice implementation...bit conceited, but I guess everyone on this site is somewhat arrogant
05.03.2010 - 02:35
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Guest on 04.03.2010 at 22:29

Oooh nice implementation...bit conceited, but I guess everyone on this site is somewhat arrogant

It's not like it's posted on the front page or anything, it's on your profile page, which should be about you anyways. Besides, there are a few users whom I'm interested in seeing some lists from. Dangerboner has a few good ones.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin