Metal Storm logo
Cattle Decapitation - New Live Bassist Recruited

Cattle Decapitation have confirmed a shitload of US tour dates - both headlining as support dates - with Job For A Cowboy, Revocation, Whitechapel and Gaza, among others. All details can be found here. The band will also embark on a European tour in summer. Dates are to be announced.

For the event, Cattle Decapitation has announced a bass player to handle all upcoming touring duties has been found - after the previous one leaving in August. Bassist Derek Engemann of Kansas' Unmerciful will be handling bass duties on all upcoming tour dates. The band was quoted: "We jammed all weekend and are more than confident in his abilities and can't wait to hit the road with him! Prepare for annihilation!"

In other news, the band'll be releasing a rarities compilation soon via Metal Blade Records. The collection appropriately titled Medium Rarities will feature tracks spanning Cattle Decapitation's career including never before heard songs, hard to find/out of print tracks, live material, cover tunes and ultra rare pre-Human Jerky tracks never before heard by fans of the band. Wes Benscoter will be handling the artwork. More info on this coming so stay tuned.

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Cattle Decapitation
Posted: 02.03.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 29 users
02.03.2010 - 18:58
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
He learned their entire set list over the course of one weekend? If this is normal for musicians, I commend you all for having such talent. I've never heard Unmerciful so I can't judge them, but that tour looks awful. JFAC and Whitechapel? Ugh.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
03.03.2010 - 06:01
Crème fraiche
Written by Troy Killjoy on 02.03.2010 at 18:58

He learned their entire set list over the course of one weekend? If this is normal for musicians, I commend you all for having such talent. I've never heard Unmerciful so I can't judge them, but that tour looks awful. JFAC and Whitechapel? Ugh.

Well, he is just the bass player lol ;P

Hits total: 2089 | This month: 6