Metal Storm logo
Madder Mortem - To Release New EP

Official press release

Madder Mortem, Norway's darlings of the avantgarde, unearth a new box of treasures with their new EP, Where Dream & Day Collide.

The EP contains 3 brand new songs from the Madders' warped imaginations, along with the single & album versions of the title track, taken from the sublime 2009 release Eight Ways; a dynamic journey through jazz, prog, metal & numerous musical anomalies in between.

Artwork appears courtesy of Christian Ruud, who, along with Kim Holm & the people at Toxic, is also responsible for the breathtaking visuals on the suitably mysterious "Where Dream & Day Collide" video which also features on the disc.

The new EP, which will be released on May, can be pre-ordered through the Peaceville webstore.

Where Dream & Day Collide [cover art] tracklist:

01. Where Dream & Day Collide [single edit version]
02. Jitterheart
03. The Purest Strain
04. Quietude
05. Where Dream & Day Collide [album version]
+ Where Dream & Day Collide [video]

Source: burningshed.com
Band profile: Madder Mortem
Posted: 02.03.2010 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 22 users
02.03.2010 - 23:47
Jason W.
Razorbliss
staff
Ahh great news And those new songs make it even more of a given that I'll be pre-ordering this one!
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
03.03.2010 - 00:29
Symmachus
I hvae enjoyed the music that I have heard by Matter Mortem is pretty cool. I recently attained a copy of Norwegian band Winds's album Prominence and Demise, which Agnete M. Kirkevaag donated some vocals to. I've heard all except one song (that one song I will hear tonight though), and most of what I heard is quite impressive.

As for the title of this EP/song, while I am not judging the music on the EP itself due to not hearing it yet, it is too uncomfortably close to the name of Dream Theater's debut album, When Dream and Day Unite. I wonder if they were thinking of that while naming the song and EP.
03.03.2010 - 00:44
annodomini
Well, when they announced, that they are going to release ep i thought MM will call it by the letter R. So i guess we have to wait for another full length to accomplish the first name of the band
----
the riddle wants to be...
03.03.2010 - 05:00
Jason W.
Razorbliss
staff
Written by annodomini on 03.03.2010 at 00:44

Well, when they announced, that they are going to release ep i thought MM will call it by the letter R. So i guess we have to wait for another full length to accomplish the first name of the band

I noticed that last year but I'd never noticed any conversation online about it!
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
03.03.2010 - 07:47
annodomini
Written by Jason W. on 03.03.2010 at 05:00

Written by annodomini on 03.03.2010 at 00:44

I noticed that last year but I'd never noticed any conversation online about it!

There was some conversations in their web site, and some female fronted metal websites
----
the riddle wants to be...
03.03.2010 - 11:41
BudDa
elite
Good news. I most definitely will get it..
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
03.03.2010 - 17:17
Ag Fox
Angel No More
elite
Sweet stuff
----
loves 小巫

Hits total: 2295 | This month: 5