Metal Storm logo
Nightwish - Vocalist Is Pregnant

Nightwish vocalist Anette Olzon is having a baby. Here's what she wrote on her blog today:

"I have held a little secret for you all for some time now, but today I feel I want to share it with you all. As you all know, I am very private and don't want to share to much about my personal life, but due to some speculations and since I am so happy I have decided to tell my secret:

Last autumn in the middle of my demo recordings of my solo album, I started to feel very, very tired and also nauseated. I took a pregnancy test and guess if me and my bf was really surprised to see that I had gotten pregnant. Since I had decided to not have any more children than my son, it was totally not planned, but after the very first shock, it felt really, really good.

Now I have almost done half the pregnancy and I am feeling extremely good, but its due to this I decided to not do the solo this year. I am sure you all can understand this decision better now and I do promise to release the songs at another time."

Read some interview extracts in which Anette is talking about her pregnancy here.

Source: anette-olzon.blogspot.com
Band profile: Nightwish
Posted: 03.03.2010 by Ellrohir

Comments page 3 / 3

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 85   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 547 users
09.03.2010 - 21:02
Ernis
狼獾
Written by mariano on 09.03.2010 at 17:26

that is a shame that Nightwish keeps waisting time with her. Most likely, Tarja will never sing with Nightwish again but... wouldn't you like to see Nightwish having someone more talented than Anette?
Wouldn't it be great if they hire someone as talented as Simone Simosn (Epica) or Floor Jansen (After Forever) ?

Anette is talented... she sings fine... she also seems a nice person and is energetic and positive on stage. And it is clearly evident that she puts a lot of herself in the music... one of the things I love about their live shows is that every time she sings something in a different manner... every time there are some new colours revealed from the songs that were always there but you just didn't notice... With Tarja, the songs were more academic and finally became sort of dry... polished, but boring... Thanks to Anette, I have started to appreciate quite some songs I didn't like that much before such as "She Is My Sin", "Come Cover Me", "Wishmaster" etc...

I have heard Floor singing "She Is My Sin"... thank God the band didn't hire any classical replacement for Tarja... it'd been boring as hell... Tarja had her specific sound, it suited the music... having another operatic vocalist singing the same songs would have resulted in something a lot paler... the band most probably knew it and decided to take a non-classical singer...

And it's good... yes, Simone and Floor are talented, so is Anette, so is Tarja... but I don't think any other opera singer other than Tarja can have a place in Nightwish any more (except in choir)... the rock vocals are very nice and suit the music perfectly... The band really can become the power metal ABBA...
09.03.2010 - 21:20
mariano

So you're very fond of Anette, good for you.
Although, you know she's been a big disappointment for most of the fans -I wonder why is that...?
09.03.2010 - 22:10
Fat & Sassy!

Written by mariano on 09.03.2010 at 21:20

Although, you know she's been a big disappointment for most of the fans -I wonder why is that...?

NO! MEGADETH iz ttly beta den METALLICA. St. Anger sux! Rararararar!

Oops, wrong thread. -_-
09.03.2010 - 22:20
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I lol'd not...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

09.03.2010 - 22:36
mariano

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 09.03.2010 at 22:10

Oops, wrong thread. -_-

WTF?
09.03.2010 - 22:40
Fat & Sassy!

Written by mariano on 09.03.2010 at 22:36

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 09.03.2010 at 22:10

Oops, wrong thread. -_-

WTF?

Sarcastic call-out on tired, pointless 'x' vs. 'y' nonsense.
10.03.2010 - 15:43
Ernis
狼獾
Written by mariano on 09.03.2010 at 21:20

I don't recall any kind of statistic surveys being carried on concerning the percentage of those who are disappointed... I've been to concerts and spoken to people and for me around 2 out of 10 people have been negative about it with the rest being either neutral or positive... gigs have been enjoyable experiences, that can't be questioned...
10.03.2010 - 16:09
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
This is only the altitude that if I think so, it surely means everyone elsep definitely thinks the same...same old song again and again
----

10.03.2010 - 18:04
mariano

Written by Ernis on 10.03.2010 at 15:43

I don't recall any kind of statistic surveys being carried on concerning the percentage of those who are disappointed... I've been to concerts and spoken to people and for me around 2 out of 10 people have been negative about it with the rest being either neutral or positive... gigs have been enjoyable experiences, that can't be questioned...

I don't think concerts are a good source of information in this case since most of the audience has already approved what they're going to see, you wouldn't pay for it otherwise. Besides, not all the concerts have had happy endings, like when she left the stage crying in Belo Horizonte, Brazil.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3E4M9cNN-Q
10.03.2010 - 18:33
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Single event, form which Anette haters will live for a decade...
----

10.03.2010 - 20:13
mariano

It wasn't just a single event but actually the worst performance and most embarrassing moment in Nightwish history.
Yeah... I agree, those guys in Belo Horizonte will remember her.
10.03.2010 - 22:00
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
There is always one moment, which is "the worst" in history of anything and anybody

and are "those guys" the motherfuckers who screamed "Tarja! Tarja!" and were showing Anette their middle-fingers? no pity for them
----

10.03.2010 - 23:23
mariano

Ha ha...
Yup, I won't ague about that
11.03.2010 - 13:07
Evican
Ann O'War

about their personal lives, I'm just saying that is a shame that Nightwish keeps waisting time with her. Most likely, Tarja will never sing with Nightwish again but... wouldn't you like to see Nightwish having someone more talented than Anette?
Wouldn't it be great if they hire someone as talented as Simone Simons (Epica) or Floor Jansen (After Forever)?

While I adore Simone's voice, Floor would be the better bet. She's more vocally dynamic and has more power behind her voice than Simone does. Such a shame Floor has already started ReVamp and is injecting all her time into that, she could have replaced Anette.
11.03.2010 - 16:34
mariano

Yeah... it's a shame. But there are other great singers from less famous bands like Katra Solopuro (Katra), Carmen Schäfer (Coronatus) or even Melissa Ferlaak (Visions of Atlantis) -they would be good options too.
12.03.2010 - 11:12
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Yes, it is a shame, that Tuomas is so deaf and doesnt hear what every "true" fan hears...
----

12.03.2010 - 15:37
mariano

Written by Ellrohir on 12.03.2010 at 11:12

Yes, it is a shame, that Tuomas is so deaf and doesnt hear what every "true" fan hears...

I wouldn't bet on that.... unless you are Tuomas
12.03.2010 - 15:56
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Guest on 05.03.2010 at 01:29

Wonder how much shit Toumas flipped when he heard this news. Being that the next album was supposed to idealize his 'dream' or some wacky shit like that.

he always talks about stuff like that, imo he needs to be more down to earth.
12.03.2010 - 16:02
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by mariano on 08.03.2010 at 20:07

Who cares about the release date if they keep such a poor singer as front woman...
Does everyone here like Anette that much? -Come on!

I despise Anette, but I still responded with a "good for her".
----
12.03.2010 - 17:32
Fat & Sassy!

Written by Valentin B on 12.03.2010 at 15:56

Written by Guest on 05.03.2010 at 01:29

Wonder how much shit Toumas flipped when he heard this news. Being that the next album was supposed to idealize his 'dream' or some wacky shit like that.

he always talks about stuff like that, imo he needs to be more down to earth.

But he's an *artist*... I mean, really... He seems like the guy who would be like, "You know, I just wanna create my dream album. Pure art." Then he records 60 minutes of him super serious farting into a mic. >:[
21.04.2010 - 18:00
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
OK then. Not only will this disturb the recording of the new album, but it will disturb touring. If Anette is indeed as nice a person as she seems to be, then she will not spend long lengths of time away from her child to perform with Nightwish. This may give Marco the opportunity to become the lead vocalist - as he should have been since Century Child - and they will be using female guest vocalists from other bands. We know for a fact, that Simons and Floor are admirers of Nightwish, so this might actually be the best news since the release of DPP.
30.06.2010 - 03:13
Muse of Light

Written by mariano on 08.03.2010 at 20:07

Who cares about the release date if they keep such a poor singer as front woman...
Does everyone here like Anette that much? -Come on!

I think that she's alright as a singer, but her voice is much more suited to something like pop/rock. She was a poor choice for a symphonic metal band - personally, I felt they should have opted for another classical/operatic singer.

Perhaps I should bug Tuomas for an audition....lol.
----
"My past holds only pain and loss. I will conquer it by creating the perfect future." - Ixidor, reality sculptor
30.06.2010 - 03:17
Muse of Light

Written by Evican on 11.03.2010 at 13:07

about their personal lives, I'm just saying that is a shame that Nightwish keeps waisting time with her. Most likely, Tarja will never sing with Nightwish again but... wouldn't you like to see Nightwish having someone more talented than Anette?
Wouldn't it be great if they hire someone as talented as Simone Simons (Epica) or Floor Jansen (After Forever)?

While I adore Simone's voice, Floor would be the better bet. She's more vocally dynamic and has more power behind her voice than Simone does. Such a shame Floor has already started ReVamp and is injecting all her time into that, she could have replaced Anette.

Actually, Simone's voice has grown - have you heard Design Your Universe yet? There is some serious power behind that girl's voice now - she is approaching what we singers call "the sweet spot" which typically occurs in the late twenties and early thirties when a singer's voice really matures. I find it admirable that she is keeping up with her lessons even with such a busy schedule.
----
"My past holds only pain and loss. I will conquer it by creating the perfect future." - Ixidor, reality sculptor
21.07.2010 - 14:20
Evican
Ann O'War
Written by Muse of Light on 30.06.2010 at 03:17

Written by Evican on 11.03.2010 at 13:07

Actually, Simone's voice has grown - have you heard Design Your Universe yet? There is some serious power behind that girl's voice now - she is approaching what we singers call "the sweet spot" which typically occurs in the late twenties and early thirties when a singer's voice really matures. I find it admirable that she is keeping up with her lessons even with such a busy schedule.

Oh I know it's grown, and it's evident that her voice has gotten better and stronger over the years. Yes, I've heard Design Your Universe. I traveled 15 hours to see them play three times in Canada in February. (:D) But when comparing who is more vocally dynamic and can do more with their voice, Floor has the upper hand. She has a lower, gutsy register that Simone doesn't have, but still very much has a handle on the higher operatic register that Simone has.
28.08.2010 - 04:08
Muse of Light

That's a point. Floor has more vocal facility, but every voice has their strengths - I'm a dramatic mezzosoprano, so while I don't have a ton of facility, I can be heard over an orchestra - and that's what Simone is turning into. I hope she's still in training.
----

Hits total: 9799 | This month: 24