Metal Storm logo
Nightwish - Vocalist Is Pregnant

Nightwish vocalist Anette Olzon is having a baby. Here's what she wrote on her blog today:

"I have held a little secret for you all for some time now, but today I feel I want to share it with you all. As you all know, I am very private and don't want to share to much about my personal life, but due to some speculations and since I am so happy I have decided to tell my secret:

Last autumn in the middle of my demo recordings of my solo album, I started to feel very, very tired and also nauseated. I took a pregnancy test and guess if me and my bf was really surprised to see that I had gotten pregnant. Since I had decided to not have any more children than my son, it was totally not planned, but after the very first shock, it felt really, really good.

Now I have almost done half the pregnancy and I am feeling extremely good, but its due to this I decided to not do the solo this year. I am sure you all can understand this decision better now and I do promise to release the songs at another time."

Read some interview extracts in which Anette is talking about her pregnancy here.

Source: anette-olzon.blogspot.com
Band profile: Nightwish
Posted: 03.03.2010 by Ellrohir

Comments page 2 / 3

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 85   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 547 users
04.03.2010 - 01:21
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Introspekrieg on 03.03.2010 at 23:11

Maybe it will be... ocean-born?

+1 XD

Knowing Tuomas's obsession with Disney, she'll probably give birth to her/him on stage. Then he'll hold the baby up like Simba in the Lion King as they cover The Circle of Life. >:[
04.03.2010 - 01:56
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Unplanned pregnancy? PULL THE PLUG.

no but if she's keeping it, hopefully said baby will be able to handle its smoke better than her.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
04.03.2010 - 03:02
Number Juan
Written by LeChron James on 04.03.2010 at 01:56

Unplanned pregnancy? PULL THE PLUG.

no but if she's keeping it, hopefully said baby will be able to handle its smoke better than her.

Nice. Chuck would be proud.
----
A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. - Bertrand Russell
04.03.2010 - 03:16
vikingman369
You guys are dicks!

'lets insult the Rev 'cuz he's dead' or 'kick anette out of nightwish because she's pregnant'

but if anyone says ''i don't like iron maiden, tarja or dio', you're all like "begone from me, infidel!" "death to the nonconformist!"

fuck you all! i hope the pregnancy is a success and that anette bounces back to bring MORE music just to spite you sheep!
----
"God it feels
Like it only rains on me" -- My World
04.03.2010 - 04:16
Metal Maiden
Megadead
Written by vikingman369 on 04.03.2010 at 03:16

You guys are dicks!

'lets insult the Rev 'cuz he's dead' or 'kick anette out of nightwish because she's pregnant'

but if anyone says ''i don't like iron maiden, tarja or dio', you're all like "begone from me, infidel!" "death to the nonconformist!"

fuck you all! i hope the pregnancy is a success and that anette bounces back to bring MORE music just to spite you sheep!

Begone from me, infidel...
04.03.2010 - 05:47
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
I just hope that at least while giving birth she will finally reach some of those high notes that Tarja left.
----
Christless
04.03.2010 - 11:36
Arasazi
Written by vikingman369 on 04.03.2010 at 03:16

You guys are dicks!

You've never had to hear her sing live right? She seems like a nice person and after a great number of takes and a lot of editing she sounds actually pretty good on cd, but this band is a waste on the bill of every festival as long as she's standing behind the mic singing. Whether it's Tarja, who actually has singing skills, or someone else that's beside the point, they need a good singer who can preform live as well as she can on cd and that's not miss Olzon.
04.03.2010 - 12:08
Ruudz
Account deleted
I have seen her live three times now and I have never had a problem about her singing at all She is quite good actually! People just need too be more openminded and not think of her as a new Tarja! I love them both!
04.03.2010 - 12:10
Jonnz of Steel
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 04.03.2010 at 01:21

+1 XD

Knowing Tuomas's obsession with Disney, she'll probably give birth to her/him on stage. Then he'll hold the baby up like Simba in the Lion King as they cover The Circle of Life. >:[

Hahahaha!

In all serious though, congrats to Anette!
04.03.2010 - 12:17
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by Warman on 03.03.2010 at 23:57

That's what we in Sweden would call "Göteborgshumor" (Gothenburg humour). And no, that's not a good thing.

I don't know what "Göteborgshumor" is, but if it's like that I like it
04.03.2010 - 16:36
Arrwyn
She got pregnant and they release infant merchandise? What a twist!
04.03.2010 - 16:59
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Arrwyn on 04.03.2010 at 16:36

http://www.nwshop.fi/productinfo.cfm?tuotenumero=197941&lang=en

Release date: 24.07.2008

think first, write later...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

04.03.2010 - 18:47
Rasa
Congrats Anette! Wish you all the best! And I hope her pregnancy won't postpone new Nw album's release...
04.03.2010 - 19:10
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Congrats to her, but I do hope that she will leave the band to take care of her children... For the children AND the anti-Annette fans, that would be great news. Still can't understand why they took her in, in the first place.
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
04.03.2010 - 19:12
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Because someone who has more rights to decide about the band than anyone else decided so...
----

04.03.2010 - 20:48
BlankFile
Written by Troy Killjoy on 03.03.2010 at 20:23

Gangbanged by the band members. In time they will all be on Maury seeking a paternity test. In all seriousness, I wonder if a child will effect her time with the band? A new mom will be overwhelmed, especially one who is required to tour worldwide...

Ahahahah! Gangbanged by the band members. That´s awsome man!
04.03.2010 - 22:19
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Easy "humor" for easy people...
----

05.03.2010 - 00:58
LeoBozzano
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 03.03.2010 at 19:22

This news would be much more interesting if Tuomas was pregnant. >:[

Sure dude, hehehheheh, lol
----
"The evil that man do lives on."
05.03.2010 - 01:29
Ewonian
Account deleted
Wonder how much shit Toumas flipped when he heard this news. Being that the next album was supposed to idealize his 'dream' or some wacky shit like that.
05.03.2010 - 01:40
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
My guess is it won't impact their recording process too terribly much... although i'm not sure how much impact morning sickness has on the old vocal chords.

where this will impact them is their ability to tour.

not that i particularly care one way or another, i'm just here about a certain outburst.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
05.03.2010 - 11:28
Elodie Artour
Slania
Wow... That was unexpected! Of course I wish Anette luck and I'm also happy for her but I'm sure this isn't the right time for Nettan to have a baby. I don't think the guys were all completely 'satisfied' with the news, too. LOL My only hope is that this pregnancy won't affect Tuomas' dream in any way.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
08.03.2010 - 18:31
mariano
This can be a good opportunity to replace her with a real singer. After all, nobody likes her.

Go feed your kids Anette!
08.03.2010 - 18:46
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Written by mariano on 08.03.2010 at 18:31

This can be a good opportunity to replace her with a real singer. After all, nobody likes her.

Go feed your kids Anette!

Wow, the responses just get more and more pathetic.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
08.03.2010 - 19:19
Arrwyn
Written by Ellrohir on 04.03.2010 at 16:59

Written by Arrwyn on 04.03.2010 at 16:36

http://www.nwshop.fi/productinfo.cfm?tuotenumero=197941〈=en

Release date: 24.07.2008

think first, write later...

Sorry, Nightwish is not that important enough for me to go through the store and waste my time to see a release date.
08.03.2010 - 19:20
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Arrwyn on 08.03.2010 at 19:19

Sorry, Nightwish is not that important enough for me to go through the store and waste my time to see a release date.

well played.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
08.03.2010 - 20:07
mariano
Who cares about the release date if they keep such a poor singer as front woman...
Does everyone here like Anette that much? -Come on!
08.03.2010 - 21:29
Ernis
狼獾
That such a nice lady is having a child is a beautiful news... Nevertheless it has caused the Anette-hating zombie mob emerge from their graves to unleash a new wave of verbal mudflow... So nice she's so much higher than this...

And... why wouldn't Tarja create a family as well... she's already in that age too to think of it...
09.03.2010 - 01:12
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by mariano on 08.03.2010 at 20:07

Does everyone here like Anette that much?

dont know how "everyone", but me does
----

09.03.2010 - 17:26
mariano
Written by Ernis on 08.03.2010 at 21:29

And... why wouldn't Tarja create a family as well... she's already in that age too to think of it...

I don't care about their personal lives, I'm just saying that is a shame that Nightwish keeps waisting time with her. Most likely, Tarja will never sing with Nightwish again but... wouldn't you like to see Nightwish having someone more talented than Anette?
Wouldn't it be great if they hire someone as talented as Simone Simosn (Epica) or Floor Jansen (After Forever) ?
09.03.2010 - 19:36
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Written by mariano on 09.03.2010 at 17:26

I don't care about their personal lives, I'm just saying that is a shame that Nightwish keeps waisting time with her. Most likely, Tarja will never sing with Nightwish again but... wouldn't you like to see Nightwish having someone more talented than Anette?
Wouldn't it be great if they hire someone as talented as Simone Simosn (Epica) or Floor Jansen (After Forever) ?

No. One thing I find imperative with artists is to let them make their own decisions without question. We are spectators, not participants. If they fail, as an audience we are more than welcome to criticize them, of course. And who are you to decide what talent really is, or even a majority of metalfans? In 4 generations, much of the music today will be judged by fully different standards, with little regard for the drama that "fans" insist upon keeping around. Let Nightwish, Tuomas, and the rest of the band do as they please and just enjoy the ride - or go to another one. There are plenty of excellent bands around now, and Nightwish's old music will always be there for you.

And by the way, I quite like Anette. She was great before NW (in Alyson Avenue) and one of my favorite Nighwish songs was recorded with her. I also equally love the Tarja era. Because I like the band as artists, not as a source for preference or complaining.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley

Hits total: 9815 | This month: 15