+ Making of Was It Worth It?
+ Angels Don't Kill - Live at Bloodstock
+ Everytime I Die - Live at Bloodstock
+ The Rockhouse Method with Alexi Laiho - DVD trailer
+ The Rockhouse Method with Alexi Laiho - instructional DVD excerpt

Guest review by
Windrider
Rating:
Even before this album was released and before anyone could have heard a sound of it, quite everyone knew that this will not become an album worth a 10. Children Of Bodom have changed too much to return to the old awesome tunes. The band stated before the release of it that Relentless Reckless Forever would happen to be the best Bodom album ever. Blah blah the same shit a band always cries out for marketing, but in this case it even sounded ridiculous. I admit that I was one of those who decided not to spend money on this record. But now I am glad that I am not that firm with my principles in some cases! Expecting some Blooddrunk shit with only more party atmosphere it was a real surprise to me when I first listened to it.

Read more ››
published 21.06.2011 | Comments (23)

Guest review by
Svneatr
Rating:
Imagine a man walking down the road, traveling right down the middle, never wavering, never stopping. Maybe it's dark out, a slight echo to his footsteps. All of a sudden, the man stops. His ears perk up for a second, shrugs it off and keeps right on walking. That is about as close as Children Of Bodom are on this record to returning to their classic sound.

Read more ››
published 14.03.2012 | Comments (31)

Found in 31 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 196   Visited by: 1795 users
05.03.2010 - 10:10
Lachy
Account deleted
I want it now lol
06.03.2010 - 12:05
Reza
Account deleted
I hope it'll be better.
06.03.2010 - 12:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Knowing CoB it wont be better how prev album and simply cant be
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.03.2010 - 13:46
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
But it will certainly win best Finnish album of 2011 and Alexi will be best musician for both 2010 and 2011...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

06.03.2010 - 21:03
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
I don't even know why anyone would get their hopes up for this. If they were going to make a turn around, they would have done it with Blooddrunk.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
06.03.2010 - 21:08
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 06.03.2010 at 21:03

I don't even know why anyone would get their hopes up for this. If they were going to make a turn around, they would have done it with Blooddrunk.

Agreed...personally, I stopped caring about COB years ago..
06.03.2010 - 21:13
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Guest on 06.03.2010 at 21:08

Agreed...personally, I stopped caring about COB years ago..

I lost interest in them probably some time in 2007, then I was kind of hoping for a turnaround when they announced Blooddrunk, because I actually enjoyed the song 'Tie My Rope'. I could care less about them now.

I remember back in '05 me and my friends contemplating flying from Calgary to Vancouver to go see them because we were all diehard fans and we thought they would never come. A few months ago they stopped through on a headlining tour, I think I bought myself dinner for me and a friend at Denny's instead of buying a ticket. I don't regret that decision.
----
- George Carlin
06.03.2010 - 21:20
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Doc Godin: That's funny...yeah, a dinner at a restaurant is more worth it then going to see COB...I saw COB back in 2005 with Fear Factory...that was an awesome show...
07.03.2010 - 12:13
Roro
Not again :/
07.03.2010 - 15:36
PoIsOn!
Oh my god,and u're suposed to be fans of children of bodom???and if your answer is negative than what the hell are you looking for here on this page??it's true that previous albums are better,but you are expecting way to much when you think that every album will be better and better!!!i just love hearing their songs,no matter if they have better one on something wild or follow the reaper!!It's still theirs,and their style is the same,so stop bitching if you don't like one or two albums!!I CAN'T wait for their new album!!!!!!!!!!:)
08.03.2010 - 00:45
regallmigthy
I hope its better than there last one
14.03.2010 - 17:11
Rating: 7
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
This will probably be the album which makes or likely breaks my interest in the band
14.03.2010 - 17:52
Lord_Regnier

I don't even know why anyone would get their hopes up for this.

I think it's obvious by the abysmal quality of their last albums that this new one will most likely suck.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
06.04.2010 - 10:15
dying2live
I do agree that the older stuff was better, but I'm still open minded to whatever I think is good. And in my opinion AYDY had a lot of cool songs although it was a different sound, I thought the tracks around that period were pretty good, a good half of the tracks were good on that album, and I especially liked Knuckleduster. But Blooddrunk had only like 2 kick ass tracks, the rest were either just ok or kinda crap. If Alexi doesn't give any comment on anything new he'd like to try with the next one, I'm not going to have high hopes for it being any good.
29.05.2010 - 03:22
Wazzleflange
Wow this is cool, an album is anounced and isn't even in production and people already rated it. COB is cool in my opinion, and I've seen them live before good show. I'm also suprised that people seem to hate the fact that they are doing there own thing and are being succesful. I for one like the fact that they are moving toward a more heavy sound.
29.05.2010 - 03:24
Wazzleflange
Besides how can you not think that Bodom Beach Terror and Angels Don't Kill is awesome
29.05.2010 - 03:24
Got Mayhem?
^ Doing their own thing? Playing neoclassical influenced extreme power metal was 'doing their own thing'. AYDY and Blooddrunk were pretty much the opposite of doing their own thing.

I don't want to be one of the guys coming out right now and saying "This is going to suck ass" but seriously, is there any indication to think otherwise? I didn't mind most of the music on AYDY, it sucked that it was pretty obvious that COB were going for a more mainstream sound but who really expected Blooddrunk? Something that bad? That just hurt. Give me Follow the Reaper Pt 2 and I'll be the happiest person alive.
----
11.06.2010 - 04:51
Wazzleflange
AYDY did not suck and if they were trying to go to a more mainstream sound then what was if you want peace prepare for war, or bastards of bodom. You can not say they are going mainstream just because they are doing a slower heavy sound. I guess if you had it your way they would keep pumping out the same album over and over. Its like Seasons from slayer if they had came out with Reign in Blood 6 more times who would of cared. They tried something different and people like you hated it. When you get a sense for music then talk trash.
11.06.2010 - 05:14
Got Mayhem?
Written by Wazzleflange on 11.06.2010 at 04:51

AYDY did not suck and if they were trying to go to a more mainstream sound then what was if you want peace prepare for war, or bastards of bodom. You can not say they are going mainstream just because they are doing a slower heavy sound. I guess if you had it your way they would keep pumping out the same album over and over. Its like Seasons from slayer if they had came out with Reign in Blood 6 more times who would of cared. They tried something different and people like you hated it. When you get a sense for music then talk trash.

Of course...why couldn't I see before how obvious it was that I was wrong. How foolish of me to have believed that what looked and sounded like musical regression was actually progression. The idea that slower and simpler songs with catchy, fuck-filled choruses could ever be less appealing than the previous method of dazzling mach speed guitar work filled with intricate keyboards, tasteful drumming, and (hilariously) impromptu lyrics is appalling to say the least. Different obviously means better as well. "Risk", "St. Anger", "Dauldi Baldrs", and countless other avantgarde masterpieces have taught us this. I hope someday 'people like me' will possess the advanced ability to 'get a sense for music' like you. Until that day, I have a date with "Follow the Reaper".
----
11.06.2010 - 05:52
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by PoIsOn! on 07.03.2010 at 15:36

Oh my god,and u're suposed to be fans of children of bodom???and if your answer is negative than what the hell are you looking for here on this page??it's true that previous albums are better,but you are expecting way to much when you think that every album will be better and better!!!i just love hearing their songs,no matter if they have better one on something wild or follow the reaper!!It's still theirs,and their style is the same,so stop bitching if you don't like one or two albums!!I CAN'T wait for their new album!!!!!!!!!!:)

Settle the fuck down. First of all, you're the only one that's whining. Secondly, one can be a fan of a band and still come to terms with the fact that the band has released some shitty albums. Take Metallica as a grand example, just because you may not like anything they've done since AJFA but still be a fan.

Secondly, no one was demanding that they get better and better, many bands release not-as-good follow-ups but still be decent (Hardcore Superstars Beg For It being one example). Children Of Bodom just took one steep dive with the past couple, hence why people are talking about it.

God forbid we have taste. Butthurt fanboy.
----
- George Carlin
14.06.2010 - 00:35
PoIsOn!
So,because past couple albums weren't so good let's trash talk this one when they still haven't goten into studio yet??????????That's what pisses me of!!They work hard on their albums,so that people can trash it and say that it's crap just like that??Tell me do you think it's fair??I'm not a mad fan as you may think,nore i'm a boy,and i respect what bands do,no matter if it's good or bad,no matter if they had better!i'm from a place where metal bands very rarely come,and it's just some locals,and then somebody say about one of my favorite bands that a dinner in a restaurant is better than going to their show??:) please tell me what do you think about that??:)
01.07.2010 - 04:51
marzepka87

truth be told, their last good album in my opinion was Follow The Reaper
02.07.2010 - 21:31
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by marzepka87 on 01.07.2010 at 04:51

Well, I actually enjoyed HCDR to be honest... shhh
----
- George Carlin
02.07.2010 - 21:32
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by PoIsOn! on 14.06.2010 at 00:35

So,because past couple albums weren't so good let's trash talk this one when they still haven't goten into studio yet??????????That's what pisses me of!!They work hard on their albums,so that people can trash it and say that it's crap just like that??Tell me do you think it's fair??I'm not a mad fan as you may think,nore i'm a boy,and i respect what bands do,no matter if it's good or bad,no matter if they had better!i'm from a place where metal bands very rarely come,and it's just some locals,and then somebody say about one of my favorite bands that a dinner in a restaurant is better than going to their show??:) please tell me what do you think about that??:)

Well, for one I've seen them twice, both times they seemed like they didn't give a fuck, and put on a fairly weak show. Secondly, extrapolating the fact that their albums have been going downhill since HCDR it's perfectly fair to make the assumption that this one will blow.
----
- George Carlin
28.07.2010 - 18:00
Rating: 8
JÄY
Metal slave
Written by Doc G. on 02.07.2010 at 21:31

Written by marzepka87 on 01.07.2010 at 04:51

Well, I actually enjoyed HCDR to be honest... shhh

hehe same here.
when this one comes out and it sucks...that will be the straw that break the back, for me (2 bad albums...i can still be interested)
28.07.2010 - 20:02
vezzy
Stallmanite
I may check this out, but probably not buy it. =\
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
22.08.2010 - 20:55
Rating: 10
Danieldeth
I have a feeling that this album is going to be Children Of Bodom's "Painkiller". It's going to be alot better then "Are you dead yet" and "Blooddrunk"...
Or it's going to suck big time! Lmao
02.09.2010 - 19:05
Rating: 8
Windrider
Raureif
I want a second Hatebreeder so hard...
I miss the dynamics in their music, it's getting too heavy, I like it more lightweight lol
15.09.2010 - 22:32
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Bad English on 06.03.2010 at 12:11

Knowing CoB it wont be better how prev album and simply cant be

damn staright
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
19.09.2010 - 07:47
MeTalRea|istiK