Metal Storm logo
Greatest Metal Video Ever... So Far

It's Sunday morning and there is traditionally no news to report at this time. So let's get back to that certain Metal Storm feature in which we look for the greatest metal video in the history of awesome. Just like in last week's issue we prefer to do it the hilarious/eccentric/ludicrous way.

This week's heavyweight champion defending his belt is Children - Power Spirit.

For some inexplicable reason, recording your video in the middle of the woods in some ridiculous outfit has always been considered "cool" in the worldwide metal community (am I right Trollech?). But this video... oh my god, this video. This video... oh my god.

Who would've thought that running and hopping around with a guitar, sunglasses and what seems to be purple one-piece pajamas in the deepest, darkest woods of upstate New York could be so metal? Certainly not me. I don't know what drugs these guys are on (have you seen that drum kit? Or the weird dance move before the guitar solo?), but the long johns-wearing tree-hugger in me will have what they're having.

Or I'm missing the point of some crucial metaphor here, or this may well be the best video in like, ever. Still, this thing keeps freaking me out every time I watch it. These are the kind of fruitcakes I'm sure not even the Blair Witch would come near to.

Children's debut album Hard Times Hanging At The End Of The World was released in May 2009 through Kemado Records.

[If you found this video devastatingly unfunny and/or painful to watch, and think you can do much better, shoot a message to Thryce with your suggestions for next time's edition (coming anytime soon). Videos preferably as recent as possible!]
Posted: 07.03.2010 by Thryce

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 45   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 596 users
07.03.2010 - 23:33
Roro

And so metal :p ... i wish i can find it in black color with inverted cross on the back exit .. God, if they made this production it will hit :p
08.03.2010 - 00:13
AyΣm
Abyssal Zebra
Awesome
08.03.2010 - 00:18
Marcus
Doit Like Bernie
Haha, loved the Raimi-esque guitar-spear camera.
08.03.2010 - 00:20
treptolemus
aphotic_zoning
Written by Roro on 07.03.2010 at 23:33

And so metal :p ... i wish i can find it in black color with inverted cross on the back exit .. God, if they made this production it will hit :p

maybe it is out there already -waits for customers, these salesmen are one of a kind. Provide people with all strange fashion paraphernalia...
pffff sovrakofanela with inverted cross thingy on the back exit- piece of cake easy stuff...
----
\m/etalstor\m/
08.03.2010 - 00:24
Roro

Lol and u can also put ur favorite band logo in the front . hey do u know any of these salesmen number? i wanna buy one for my bf. he's a pj lover
08.03.2010 - 00:32
treptolemus
aphotic_zoning
Written by Roro on 08.03.2010 at 00:24

Lol and u can also put ur favorite band logo in the front . hey do u know any of these salesmen number? i wanna buy one for my bf. he's a pj lover

google it - many sites to satisfy all needs eg. stuff
----
\m/etalstor\m/
08.03.2010 - 02:22
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I'm lovin the rainbow guitar strap and the rainbow guitar...when he throws the guitar and it goes through the woods is hilarious...its a decent song...
08.03.2010 - 04:09
Glower

Haha, the whole time they were running through the forest I was just waiting for them to trip and fall... but they didn't so they get a thumbs-down from me.
08.03.2010 - 06:03
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
I was listening to this song and kept thinking myself "Man, these guys sound soooo close to S.T.R.E.E.T.S.!" After looking into it, it turns out the vocalist/guitarist Dr.Jonny Molsin AKA Jonny 'Rad' Ollsin used to be in S.T.R.E.E.T.S. ...Not sure when he ended up in New York, it's a long way from Vancouver.

So this band has a direct connection to both 3 Inches Of Blood and Bison B.C. - through S.T.R.E.E.T.S.

http://www.myspace.com/childrenofthemushroom
http://www.myspace.com/streets

EDIT: Awesome song & band btw. Jonny Ollsin is a great musician.

...Pfft, and Mr.Doctor says I only have knowledge in mainstream stuff.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
08.03.2010 - 11:02
marinBG

Respect for those guys for having the hairy balls and craziness to do a video like this one! Love it! Respect it, not redicule it
----
...cause I don't give a fuck if you hate me!
08.03.2010 - 11:32
Giza

ROFL! Heat seeking guitars FTW!
08.03.2010 - 14:33
Ahmad

Oh...the drummer....he is so tr00
09.03.2010 - 00:37
dark_mar

Masterpiece! More i look at it more i like it...no computer and so much power:)
09.03.2010 - 20:56
The_Apostate

Pretty great. For me it's going up there with "Big Timber" from Himsa.
10.03.2010 - 21:27
Kvae

Call of the wintermoon FTW!!

Hits total: 6678 | This month: 6