Metal Storm logo
Metallica - Music Available For ITunes Downloads

It's taken them a very long time, but veteran heavy metal band Metallica and its noted anti-piracy spokesman Lars Ulrich have apparently finally seen the light. After years of moaning about how mp3 downloads are costing him money, Lars Ulrich and Metallica are finally giving themselves the chance to earn some of it back by offering their music for sale on iTunes.

Back in 2000 or so, there was a spirited battle going on in the online world between illicit downloading services offering free and easy downloads of copyrighted music on one side, and the traditional music industry on the other.

Source: canada.com
Band profile: Metallica
Posted: 07.08.2006 by Damnated

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   Visited by: 4 users
07.08.2006 - 06:38
Gefahr

FUCK METALLICA.........

hate these fuckers used to be a great band......

what a waste of talent
----
METAL UP YOUR ASS!!!!!!
07.08.2006 - 08:51
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
ITunes... ITunes... don't you have to pay for that service? Last time I remember, I think you do. Also, Metallica having their songs up for download on a site is hypocritical considering that the fucking midget Lars Ulrich sued their owns fans for downloading the band's music off of Napster. As for the songs, I'm not even going to bother to listen to them. The band changed so much that I have lost all faith in them.
07.08.2006 - 11:43
Iron_Metalfan
Account deleted
These guys can't just dissapear can they? Ok everyone, get ready for St. Anger 2!! Fuck these idiots. And Robert should get out now while he still has some musical credibility.
07.08.2006 - 12:15
Jason W.
Razorbliss
@ Metallica. This is why bands should think about their "legacy," not just themselves.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
07.08.2006 - 14:47
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Aah, Metallica has always been my favourite band.
not.
07.08.2006 - 14:48
AyΣm
Abyssal Zebra
they must die, they deceived me so much,i m sure we re going to listen to a bigger shit again...if it s possible...
08.08.2006 - 05:28
Dr Ikari
Account deleted
I think all those opinions pretty much give the idea of what Metallica means to us now.
08.08.2006 - 23:26
Jay
Perkele
The real Metallica died with Cliff Burton...
now theres load, reload, shitload... what next? bullshitload?
----
This one goes to 11
09.08.2006 - 02:20
Asat0r

Hahaha, this is some crazy Metallica bashing. I can't say anything though, I totally agree with it all.

@Insineratehymn, no man, Itunes is free, the downloads aren't though.
09.08.2006 - 11:14
LethargyMan

Well, at first Metallica were against the Napster illegal downloading - a side that, frankly, did have many valid points to it. However, it was when these pay services came out that Metallica showed their true colours, saying that 'they didn't want to take part in the demise of the album format' - i.e. they didn't want you to just buy their good songs, but the whole fucking shitload (Why buy ...and Justice for All when you can just buy "One"?). And of course, now they realised that they were idiots to not agree to the pay services and stepped back from their own word.

Fuck Metallica.
----
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
09.08.2006 - 13:33
PRIMAL FEAR
Account deleted
Just goes to prove how contradictory and two-faced people can be, I think we should have expected this of Metallica, one blunder leads to another and then another in this case...
09.08.2006 - 18:40
DLMokoma
Account deleted
@ all the previous posts. Whoa, you guys sure are bitter and stuff. This whole Napster-thing doesn't really matter me, neither this iTunes crap, 'cause somehow I just hate the idea to download (free or not free) songs from internet. I also happen to like all the Metallica's albums, and I understand why they wanted Napster to quit. So I guess from an other point of wiev I'm grazy, dickhead or both
10.08.2006 - 07:36
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Yes there is way to much bitterness in here...it's all understandable though...I really don't think this is going to be that great of an album and that's too bad...
16.03.2007 - 04:50
blackmagic567
Account deleted
complete bullshit.
of all the bands to sell their souls to itunes I would have never guessed...

Hits total: 2175 | This month: 3