Metal Storm logo
The Big Bang Theory

Original post

Posted by Berfones, 12.03.2010 - 16:28
One of the greatest TV shows of the last decade, funny and intelligent, a thing that is lacking from most of today's shows...
As a scientist to be I can truly say this is a show for the smart, with jokes that only someone with some knowledge will understand, characters that are easy to relate to for anyone who was a bit nerdy growing up, a lot of sci-fi jokes, a cute blonde, jokes about engeneers XD, and pretty much a little view to a different sidee of the academic life...and of course Sheldon...
04.06.2012 - 11:47
Warman
Erotic Stains
Am I the only one who can't stand Raj? He's a complete asshole, like that episode when he gets in bed with Penny and (almost) nothing happens. But he lets Leonard believe that something did happen. WTF is up with that? No bro mentality there. Did they ever clear that one out? Haven't seen everything.

But I do like this show and thought it really benefited by introducing two more girls (Bernadette and Amy) a couple of seasons ago. Favourite character is and always will be Howard's mother. "Are you a sex criminal?".
----
04.06.2012 - 20:58
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
I like Raj. he's probably my favorite character.

as for the other women - not particularly thrilled with either of 'em. mostly because they shift focus away. they would be better as ancillary characters - like, say, Ted/Barney's GFs in HIMYM - rather than a primary focus for episode story arcs. And seeing Amy Farrah Fowler's shift from FemmeSheldon to overkill grasp at "best friend" conventions with Penny has made her even more annoying.

i think the show's best years are behind it. at least it is still funny. HIMYM is increasingly Friends-Like in it's devolution, making it almost a chore to watch now. Like "The Simpsons" that show has gone from funny to just waiting for the one to two laughs per episode.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
05.06.2012 - 11:20
Hamird
Lieutenant
I like Howard more than other characters, I think he's the darkest character in the show.. Raj's OK, Sheldon's reactions sometimes are priceless but never understood the being of Leonard and Penny... Really are cold characters and never made me laugh...

But fuck, they've signed for three more seasons. The fifth season was a waste already.. Can't imagine how shitty the upcoming seasons would be... Second and third seasons were very nice!
06.06.2012 - 00:09
Thrashette

Written by Hamird on 05.06.2012 at 11:20

never understood the being of Leonard and Penny... Really are cold characters and never made me laugh...

I always assumed them to be the closest to "normal" characters. Slightly geeky awkward guy chasing an attractive popular girl seen to be out of his league, it happens. A lot of the storyline seems to revolve around them... And seeing how normal people react to neurotic intellectuals can be funny in some ways
11.06.2012 - 08:16
Deity

Written by BitterCOld on 04.06.2012 at 20:58

I like Raj. he's probably my favorite character.

as for the other women - not particularly thrilled with either of 'em. mostly because they shift focus away. they would be better as ancillary characters - like, say, Ted/Barney's GFs in HIMYM - rather than a primary focus for episode story arcs. And seeing Amy Farrah Fowler's shift from FemmeSheldon to overkill grasp at "best friend" conventions with Penny has made her even more annoying.

i think the show's best years are behind it. at least it is still funny. HIMYM is increasingly Friends-Like in it's devolution, making it almost a chore to watch now. Like "The Simpsons" that show has gone from funny to just waiting for the one to two laughs per episode.

I agree.

The story focuses too much on relationships.
They should go back to making episodes similar to season 1 and 2.
When Howard was still a creep, Amy wasn't always on Sheldon, and when they had "wacky adventures".
Now it's too dull and plain.

Either way, as far as geeky shows go, the IT Crowd>TBBT.
09.10.2012 - 23:07
InnerSelf
proofread free
Loved the first couple of episodes from season 6, the scene with Raj and Stewart in the first episode was hilarious
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
10.11.2012 - 16:09
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Man, too bad they've lost it. The MOJO! The first three season were great, now this has become an utter pile of sh*t and I only watch it when I don't have anything remotely interesting to do. Too bad, Sheldon could go down in history if they wouldn't ruin the show with chicks.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.