Metal Storm logo
Vreid interview (03/2010)

With: Jarle "Hvall" Kvåle
Conducted by: Baz Anderson (in person)
Published: 14.03.2010

Band profile:

Vreid

Vreid had the last spot of the whole Hammerfest II festival. Last year the Norwegians released album number four, "Milorg", and have been working hard to support it since. The band arrived late on the second day of the festival, but we still found some time to have a chat. This is how my little talk with Jarle went:

Many thanks to Jarle for his time, and Duff for helping arrange it.
Conducted and edited by Barry Anderson.
Recorded by Glenn Searing.

Posted on 14.03.2010 by Member of Staff since 2006

Comments

Comments: 10   Visited by: 108 users
15.03.2010 - 00:08
Ragana
Rawrcat
Hahah, nice question about the Eurovision. XD
Good interview, thanks a lot!

P.S. Baz, you should work on your British accent which now is hardly noticeable. Remember, people love it.
15.03.2010 - 00:21
Baz Anderson
staff
Written by Ragana on 15.03.2010 at 00:08

Hahah, nice question about the Eurovision. XD
Good interview, thanks a lot!

P.S. Baz, you should work on your British accent which now is hardly noticeable. Remember, people love it.

Haha, thanks! Glad you enjoyed it.

My accent is a whole different story. I am 100% English, but my accent is strange... I don't know where it came from. Everyone I meet here thinks I am Scandinavian, but I still sound English to foreign people.
15.03.2010 - 00:43
Ragana
Rawrcat
Well, I don't know anything about Scandinavian accents but it's hard to notice yours... at all.
Maybe your parents know something about this, hehe.
15.03.2010 - 00:49
Baz Anderson
staff
Written by Ragana on 15.03.2010 at 00:43

Well, I don't know anything about Scandinavian accents but it's hard to notice yours... at all.
Maybe your parents know something about this, hehe.

Well I don't sound like my mum or brother... I don't sound like anyone really.
What do I sound like, if you don't notice an accent? Latvian? Hahaha.
15.03.2010 - 01:18
Ragana
Rawrcat
Naah, I believe that being a Latvian has some privileges - if only our closest relatives aren't of Slavic descent and we don't have problems with speaking in Latvian, we find English to be easy pronounceable. There's the difference between 'soft' languages and the 'hard' ones, for me it's obviously easier to speak in English than Russian.

I don't know. Let's say your English is quite international and by that I mean I couldn't figure out where are you from if I didn't know it.

Or.... maybe you're a Martian. That'd explain everything!
15.03.2010 - 01:28
Baz Anderson
staff
Written by Ragana on 15.03.2010 at 01:18

Or.... maybe you're a Martian. That'd explain everything!

Haha, you may be right.
15.03.2010 - 20:24
Maxx666
Meshuggahian
Loved it!!!
15.03.2010 - 22:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Baz - Discovere you pronauce it weird LOL
Not realy Swedish talk english weirder, lil like germans, even guys in Canal+ when interwiew some forenever player even airport talk whit swe accent and you'res defenetly dont sounds like Swedish

@Ragana - if you wanna hear real britisg try find ''UK's nife crime'' or something , specely Glasgow part where youth talked.... i doubt many understood it LOL
Baz talk werry good and 99.9% I understand all , and well english is depends how you talk, I nowdays even think in englsih ,LOl so and use it offen , so I have no problems, those sweeds who leard in school, maybe knows better grammer, but from expierience they speeks lil weirder if they dont use anglish offen
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.03.2010 - 23:10
Baz Anderson
staff
Written by Bad English on 15.03.2010 at 22:34

@Ragana - if you wanna hear real britisg

There is no "real British" accent at all... For such a geographically small country, the UK has so many different accents - from London/southern accents to Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle, Yorkshire, Scottish, Welsh accents... it goes on...
15.03.2010 - 23:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Baz Anderson on 15.03.2010 at 23:10

Written by Bad English on 15.03.2010 at 22:34

@Ragana - if you wanna hear real britisg

There is no "real British" accent at all... For such a geographically small country, the UK has so many different accents - from London/southern accents to Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle, Yorkshire, Scottish, Welsh accents... it goes on...

I know, as far I know scotisch can be pain in ears
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 7762 | This month: 10