05. Deadlight
06. Dead World Assembly
07. A Phantom Dissonance
08. The Quiet Storm
09. The Death Of Hours
10. Wall Of Sighs [bonus]

The best Gothic Metal album of 2011

Additional info
Available as limited digipak with bonus track and A2 poster.

A video was made for the song "The Last Hour of Ancient Sunlight".

Recorded at Dead Dog Farm Studios by Johan Ericson
Drums recorded at Studio Mega by Johan Örnborg
Vocals recorded at Fascination Street Studios by Jens Bogren.

Produced by Johan Ericson, co-produced by Jens Bogren and Johan Örnborg
Mixed and mastered by Jens Bogren at Fascination Street Studios.

Music written by Johan Ericson and Draconian
Lyrics written by Anders Jacobsson apart from "End of the Rope" and "The Death of Hours" written by Anders Jacobsson and Erik Arvidsson and "Elysian Night" written by Anders Jacobsson and Johan Ericson.

Artwork by Seth Siro Anton
Band photography by Linda Åkerberg.

Quote in "Dead World Assembly" taken from the poem" Earth's Answer".
Quote in "The Death of Hours" taken from the poem "Unforgotten".
Sample in "Elysian Night "from a reading of "Ode to a Nightingale" by John Keats.

Staff review by
KwonVerge
Rating:
Being around since 1994, Draconian is one of those bands that had to be patient so as to see their visions come true and it wasn't until 2003 when their melodic gothic doom/death metal debut came to the surface. Despite their heavy influences from pioneering acts with personal sound (Theatre Of Tragedy, Katatonia, Paradise Lost to name the more dominant ones) they managed through their inspirational/emotional status and persuading performance to reach the hearts of the aforementioned scene's audience and create quite a buzz around them.

Read more ››
published 02.09.2011 | Comments (87)

Guest review by
Vonpire
Rating:
Whenever I hear Draconian playing, I feel a bag of mixed feelings: calm but heavy, deep and majestic. And especially something I don't feel with many bands... chills all over my spine. And that for me is priceless.

The first time I heard this album it didn't hit me exactly like I was expecting. Fortunately, what I thought of the album upon my first listen has been completely changed with the subsequent hearings. Now I put it at a high level of excellence, at the level of previous Draconian works. It brings them a more mature sound, but with the same geniality and force as ever, clearly showing that they are a top gothic/doom metal act with merit.

Read more ››
published 29.09.2011 | Comments (71)

Found in 36 lists
Top lists

Comments page 7 / 7

Comments: 185   Visited by: 1487 users
11.01.2014 - 01:13
serega25

Written by diy on 13.12.2013 at 18:21

Anyone knows about the new album?
Next year will give an answer about it...
23.07.2014 - 01:16
Rating: 7
musicalkaratekid

Still a solid album but it's also one of Draconian's weaker albums in my opinion. Nonetheless, it still delivers the goods, my particular highlights being 'The Drowning Age' and 'The quiet Storm'.
27.09.2014 - 18:55
Rating: 6
Spacerunner

Step down from "Turning Seasons Within".
24.09.2019 - 15:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Decent peace, I see cleaner vocals, not dm grunts and Lisa sing more as she did in older albums, I like it. Now its more ToN where was 50-50 even male vox dominated more.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
07.10.2022 - 00:36
Rating: 6
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Not their finest album, and I would probably say their overall worst tbh, although I wouldn't necessarily call it a bad album either. "The Death of Hours", "The Drowning Age" and "Elysian Night" are probably the highlights for me for I had to pick, but unfortunately the album as a whole doesn't really do much for me, I find the songwriting and overall quality of the album to be quite average, especially compared to their previous releases, that is aside from a few nice choruses from Lisa's vocals.

Hits total: 40464 | This month: 35