Metal Storm logo
Kanwulf (Nargaroth) + Akhentan (Judas Iscariot) = Torrent (KVLT BM)

Original post

Posted by Angel Deformity, 08.08.2006 - 06:33

I just bought Torrent's "Between the Stones" EP after being so anxious for months upon even hearing about this black metal duet. Yeh black metal duet, sounds wierd ey? Imagine the total rawness of Nargaroth mixed with the Even rawer and harsh sound of Judas Iscariot and you will have Torrent. This band has kept its member completely seperate from the band, like they arent important in the EP's creation or even worth mentioning although it is widely known in the underground scene that Torrent is Akhenaten and Kanwulf. I was megaly amused when i read the booklet to the CD... first its got this quote from somewhere it reads:

"...Nothing new, nothing old, but dead remains!"

as i said, i was amused... then i read on, and this is where the grimness was seeping out of the booklet, it read:

"Between the Stones
Instruments recorded in September 2001
Vocals recorded in November 2003

The lyrics are selected from the book "Between the Stones", written by a member of Torrent some years ago. It never got finished and was destroyed by the writer himself, because he considered the content of his book as too dangerous for himself and others"

Damn, thats fucking kvlt!

So has anyone heard the EP?

Its a 5 track EP, just a simple cover...

Pretty damn good, the first track titled "Torrent" is a classic track, the vocalist (Either Akhentan or Kanwulf, as i said not much info at all on this band) shrieks at the top of his black lungs of fury just to boast about the grimness of Torrent, wicked idea for a song... self praise and grimness!

Second track "Fucked by Death" reading the lyrics is total gore, blowjobs from guns... suicide and rape, slightly odd. A funny but evil sounding song... all about death and how he fucks us all.

Next comes the title track of the album "Between the Stones" starts off with a slow guitar riff and some wicked drumming, the vocals are mindblowing at this point for me, who ever thought this duet would sound this awesome.

Fourth track is "Barbed Wire Strangulation", a nice little ode to fucked up shit occuring with barbed wire... first a strangulation sticking into ones veins then out of nowhere the line "barbed wire sodomy" appears, great... just great! Intense blasting keeps this song afloat more than the speeding guitars i think, the vocals are just fucking harsh as shit... they must hurt to do.

Finally the final track "Gone but Dreaming" a short track which begins with a whisper from the shadows and then some growls followed by an intensely deep/distorted blast beat matched with some wickedly grim guitarwork then a quick bit of vocals and its over as quickly as it started, pity really... But overall a necessary kvlt EP from Black Metals most evil duet... Torrent!
16.01.2007 - 22:49
Mikkh
Account deleted
sounds very good... and I really enjoy Nargaroth... as well as Judas Iscariot.. so this must be very good... I have to check it out... it's a shame that here in my country the black metal scene is very small... it's almost imposible to find any black metal album...
15.06.2007 - 16:40
Lathronniel

it's f...great!:thumbup:
----
I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith...
09.12.2007 - 17:09
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
BUMP.

This is really good. Does anyone know if it's just a one-off release or if there will be more? I might e-mail No Colours and ask.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
09.12.2007 - 22:14
ArcanaHereticae

Can anyone tell me where I can hear or find this Torrent band? I am interested in hearing their sound.
----
The nectar ov Thy rage,
I taste from the cup ov fornication.
And woman by my side,
And scarlet is her skin.
She's eager to rise,
And so eager to please.
09.12.2007 - 22:14
ArcanaHereticae

Can anyone tell me where I can hear or find this Torrent band? I am interested in hearing their sound.
----
The nectar ov Thy rage,
I taste from the cup ov fornication.
And woman by my side,
And scarlet is her skin.
She's eager to rise,
And so eager to please.
09.12.2007 - 23:06
mankvill

!

That's awesome.
10.12.2007 - 19:40
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Interesting, although it isn't really difficult for me to imagine how this shit sounds like
11.12.2007 - 13:07
VPeter

2 already bad muscians start their own project, wich is just an other kvlt band in the endless sea of basement kvlt black metal bands? sounds like a must avoid for me!
05.01.2008 - 08:55
Angel Deformity
Azathoth
Its strictly a one off recording, doubt that they have time to do anymore