Metal Storm logo
Mors Principium Est

17.03.2010 - 22:39
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Ok, so I was kind of surprised when I noticed that there was not a topic on here about this band...it's 2010, for heaven's sake. I really enjoy Mors Principium Est's music. I think they are one of the best bands doing melodic death metal right now. What are your thoughts on this band? Since Liberation=Termination's release, the band has experienced some line up changes and things have been relatively quiet around the MPE camp, save a few shows over the past years. How long do you think it will be until another album?
18.03.2010 - 14:28
MeloDeathViking

Written by Guest on 17.03.2010 at 22:39

Ok, so I was kind of surprised when I noticed that there was not a topic on here about this band...it's 2010, for heaven's sake. I really enjoy Mors Principium Est's music. I think they are one of the best bands doing melodic death metal right now. What are your thoughts on this band? Since Liberation=Termination's release, the band has experienced some line up changes and things have been relatively quiet around the MPE camp, save a few shows over the past years. How long do you think it will be until another album?

Check out their page, I think it says an album is scheduled for later this year or early next year. One of my favorite bands, but was disappointed with Liberation = Termination, hopefully their next album will be better.
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
20.03.2010 - 16:37
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Very good band indeed....they have such a trademark to the way they write their solos you can immediately hear its a MPE solo, and the great thing is their solos fit and intertwine with the music - it doesnt sound like wankery, and it doesnt sound out of place. Liberation = Termination wasnt that great though and their main guitarist/songwriter left so not good. Who knows what will happen?
20.03.2010 - 18:34
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Okay... I'm gonna check them out
----
loves 小巫
21.03.2010 - 04:48
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Yeah, I'm not sure about that 2010 album thing on their profile. I haven't seen any official updates from the band confirming that they are going to have an album out this year. I'm not really keeping my hopes up too high for the next album since I know they have had so many changes, especially since Jori left. However, I think the 3 albums they put out are a great mark to leave on metal.
22.03.2010 - 04:50
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Lol My gf HATES Mors Principium Est haha The synth bits gives her nightmares of 80's pop. Which is weird, I love the whole dance-vibe of the band
26.03.2010 - 15:52
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Written by Guest on 22.03.2010 at 04:50

Lol My gf HATES Mors Principium Est haha The synth bits gives her nightmares of 80's pop. Which is weird, I love the whole dance-vibe of the band
okay, now I am very curious. gotta get to them sooner
----
loves 小巫
26.03.2010 - 18:09
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by Ag Fox on 26.03.2010 at 15:52

lol its mostly true for the song "Animal Within" on Lib=Term. That beat at the beginning/chorus with the chick vocals makes her gag haha I think it fucking epic lol
26.03.2010 - 20:49
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 26.03.2010 at 18:09

Written by Ag Fox on 26.03.2010 at 15:52

lol its mostly true for the song "Animal Within" on Lib=Term. That beat at the beginning/chorus with the chick vocals makes her gag haha I think it fucking epic lol

Hahaha, I love that song.
13.04.2010 - 04:06
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Finally... Listened to the band for the first time today and gone through "The Unborn". Fantastic indeed... I totally love the heaviness mixed with melody, speed and there's a great sense of urgency.
----
loves 小巫
13.04.2010 - 05:14
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Haha, funny timing on that. The band finally issued an update today saying that they are still slowly writing new music and hopefully something will be out later this year or early next year.
17.04.2010 - 12:28
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Morps Principium Est is a fucking incredible band. i've not herad their latest album but their 2 first releases are really amazing. they write wonderful music...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
24.04.2010 - 05:35
Fhuesc

Their 3rd album is kinda average, you are not missing anything.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
27.06.2010 - 16:00
Stigmatized
Written by Fhuesc on 24.04.2010 at 05:35

I enjoy it quite a bit. The production could have been a little less bland, but it was a memorable album to me.

Has anyone but me been able to find a copy of "The Unborn"? I looked on Amazon, and even their independent sellers had it going for $50 or more. But, I checked eBay and bought a copy for $14. Anyone know why it's going for so high in most places?
28.06.2010 - 00:55
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Written by Stigmatized on 27.06.2010 at 16:00

Written by Fhuesc on 24.04.2010 at 05:35

I enjoy it quite a bit. The production could have been a little less bland, but it was a memorable album to me.

Has anyone but me been able to find a copy of "The Unborn"? I looked on Amazon, and even their independent sellers had it going for $50 or more. But, I checked eBay and bought a copy for $14. Anyone know why it's going for so high in most places?

Yeah, I enjoy the latest album as well.

I think the reason the 2nd album is so expensive is that it's out of print. Sometimes, those $14 albums on ebay aren't legit, so be careful when buying from a seller on that site. I always check theomegaorder and cmdistro first when looking for an album then I go to amazon or ebay. It looks like you are going to have to take your chances with sellers on those two sites because theomegaorder and cmdistro don't have the album right now.
28.06.2010 - 13:42
Stigmatized
Well, I bought the album and it was legit because I have it now. I don't know, it just seemed too easy considering how high prices were otherwise.
29.06.2010 - 23:22
Got Mayhem?

I'd nearly forgotten about this band... one of the first bands to get me into Melo-death too! Definitely high quality stuff worth checking out if you're into the genre or want to be into the genre.
----
30.06.2012 - 16:00
BlueMobius
Account deleted
So it seems the long wait is over. The band enters the studio tomorrow.